tuscl

Romanticism

is romantic spirit and attitude.

This is somewhat unrelated to SCs in general, but could be applied toward ATFs, wives, girlfriends, SOs.

Have you ever or do you occasionally treat someone to a romantic evening, either at home or away from home?

I've done the candles and bubble bath venture with the former wife and SOs. I've been treated by an SO to candles and red rose petals on top of the sheets. I've also done the candles, fireplace, bearskin rug, mood music and wine with the former wife.

What has your experiences been? What creative ideas were you able to come up with?

P.S. This is NOT RomanticLover in disquise!!

13 comments

• evilcyn
    17 years ago
    To some this may sound crazy, being the tree huggin environmentalist I am, there is a song written about a little town in Pa, that Quote " the land has stayed the same since the indians gave it its name"
    My husband took me there for earth day weekend...
    To me it was one of the sweetest and romantic things ever..
    Getting naked in a national forest at the top of an overlook, yea thats what kind of weird girl I am...LOL
  • arbeeguy
    17 years ago
    Romanticism is for dreamers. Successful SC addicts are cold-eyed realists.
    Leave romanticism to the dewy-eyed teenagers and the so-called "adults" who never grew up.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    "Romanticism is for dreamers" - that's me. I like romanticism, in fact if I had to choose one or the other I'd rather have romanticism without sex than the other way around. I used to look for romanticism in strip clubs, in fact one of my biggest complaints about strip clubs is that it's so hard to find.

I'm pretty conventional in my idea of romanticism - dinner with candles, wine, fire in the fireplace, more wine, soft romantic music, holding hands, hugging and kissing. Yum!
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    I beg to differ with arbeeguy. Romanticism is for everyone who enjoys the soft, quiet pleasures of a lover. You don't have to be having SEX to romanticize. But, if you do, the experience can be heavenly! Romanticism is for ALL ages, not just the middle aged or late aged like me.

It doesn't surprise me that FONDL is in to romanticism and I would wager a HUGE amount of money that DougS is into it also.

Now, I am not saying out right pure raw SEX isn't fun, because it is, but it has it's times and places, like a club maybe???

I like evilcyn's getting naked in a national forest idea. Outdoor sex 'with or without the chance of getting caught' is very exhilerating and fun!

• chandler
    17 years ago
    I thought this thread was going to be about the 19th century cultural movement and Coleridge, Delacroix, Berlioz, etc.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    From the time I was 15 until I was 31, I was so romantic that it would have most of you sick. Then I got married and for the next 27 years it was mostly sour milk. Now that I am single again, I cannot think in terms of romance with a woman my age.60+. Instead I treat my favorite dancers like they are special. Once in awhile I get treated with a GFE and it makes all of the time and trouble worth it.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    "Romanticism is for dreamers"

probably, however in very very rare cases one meets a dancer that turns out to have very unexpected qualities, and it can be a wonderful experience between dancer and customer
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    Bones, it was fun getting bent over holding onto a tree ontop of the mountain.. The idea he put together though, knowing how much I would love it was really romantic to me...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I'm pretty romantic just not in the usual cliched way. Candlelight and incense make me wanna hurl, but I can get all misty eyed about an old sweetie who loved to take it in the ass.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    "however in very very rare cases one meets a dancer that turns out to have very unexpected qualities, and it can be a wonderful experience between dancer and customer" - I see you already met 'evilcyn'!
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    Evilcyn, no doubt, must be a gem
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Oh I WISH I had the capacity for deep romantic commitment and abandon that I had when I was younger. I didn't MEAN to get jaded and cynical, and essentially to calculate that the ONLY thing which human females find interesting about human males is the capacity to exchange money, but then I actually went out and MET HUMAN FEMALES.

I guess I'm just not good at denying reality.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Yes... Bones, you have me pegged correctly. I am a romantic at heart.. probably part of what sometimes gets me into "trouble" with my girls, allowing me to develop feelings, etc.

I do the candle thing, when OTCing... partly for the romantic angle, partly for the lighting - hotel lighting is way to stark, and with the lights off I can't see. I am a visual person and I HAVE to see the beautiful girl that is with me, as well as feel her....
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion