tuscl

Strip Club Consolidation

There was an argument in another thread, about rooting for clubs to close. The clubs I've noticed close around me, are some really shitty clubs (more like dive bars with strippers to be honest) that I got to be honest I'm not sad to see go. I think there's a lot more options out there for girls to sell their sex appeal, be it onlyfans, instagram, sugar dating, whatever, that I think we're going to start seeing some consolidation of the whole industry to keep up the quality. I know some of you guys miss some of these high mileage dives stocked with women who quite frankly have no business dancing but I just don't. I think you'll see the bottom 20% of clubs here really struggle to survive this squeeze that America and strip clubs are going through that's just my prediction. Those customer refugees and their money, hopefully give the better clubs more life and hotter girls more reason to work there. Or maybe with absence of shitty clubs, there becomes a demand for a new nice club start up. The other side being once these strip clubs go, they are not coming back.

There's just this desire from me to shake things up, some how, some way. And I think a certain level of hot girl is not going to work in these ghetto ass dives, so just get rid of it, and lets get a real club, that would attract hotter girls. That's my only hope to helping the quality at some of these spots. Otherwise this decade is gonna be a nose dive. And for me I'm not in a city with one or two strip clubs, there's a fuck ton and I'd prefer some better options to more in all honesty. I could think off the top of my head about 10 clubs go down around none which I miss. I look at some other areas like Atlanta, never been to Follies or now they are trying to shut down Oasis it looks like. Those are legit strip clubs, that's not really what I'm talking about. Where do you fall in this argument?

18 comments

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    I hope that wasn't too long winded. Do you know what I mean though? I'm sort of like how AOC and the squad want to burn America down and start anew. That's kind of what I want to do with some of these strip clubs and from the ashes rises a better scene. Might be just as dumb as they are, but hey I got NO USE for shitty strip clubs, goodbye! GTFOH. I would like to see who's up next, if they got something better.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    No, not really. There are some guys out there who enjoy and gravitate to those clubs (even though they could afford a higher-end club). What you and I might consider a shitty strip club is exactly the poison they pick. And the existence of those clubs, as well as the dancers and customers who inhabit them, generally doesn't affect me.

All I have to do is simply not go to those clubs. Problem solved.

The only exception I'll make is the bad club that repeatedly finds itself in the news and drawing heat down on the entire local market. There was a club in Providence called Cheaters that was like that, and both the local customers and other club owners breathed a sigh of relief when they finally shut down (over a legit human trafficking incident, which surprised no one at all).
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    I’ve said for years some towns have too many clubs. I know it’s blasphemous to utter such words on a strip club site. I don’t visit clubs in the shitty town of Flint, but I made several posts on the old Michigan TwoSheds board years ago about too many clubs per capita and the talent gets too diluted. There are at least 8 clubs for a town of 80,000 people. 2-3 max
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    No, you don't want them to close. More clubs means keeping the cops at bay, and it means keeping the mileage high.

And also, Juice is now buying up lots of rural dive club.

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=7895…

SJG
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I think there was one town in the mi upper peninsula or northern wi with like 6 clubs. Town of maybe 1000? Idk very small.

Also Portland has waaaay too many clubs it is just stupid. I also think a lot of Florida places have too many clubs for a limited population. They are also ran the worst ways but that is whole other topic.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    If you allow the free market to work, then the customers will decide which clubs to go to and the clubs they avoid will shut down. The main problem for us customers is government interference. In many cases local governments use zoning or licensing laws to prevent the new good clubs from opening that would drive the old bad clubs out of existence. Allowing open competition would lead to survival of the best.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Any kind 9f congestion hurts the market. More clubs means money girls and customers are spread more thinly. Plus saturation hurts quality.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Ive had some good times in dive bars with strippers. I think there's enough customers, dancers, and money to go around and let the free market do its thing.
    3 years ago
    OTOH when was the last time you saw a NEW club start? I don’t mean a new name on an old location but a wholly new operation. I think once they’re gone that’s it.
  • RiskA
    3 years ago
    Yeah, “market forces” can’t exert much influence over “new” strip club evolution: there’s too much regulatory constraint & too little “voice of the consumer” demand permitted by today’s anti-“male urges” culture.

Maybe one could still get away with opening a topless sports bar or Hooters, but there’s too much cost & too little return to trying to open a new “quality” nude juice bar jack shack. In SoCal, even the mighty Spearmint Rhino failed to get it done (Monarchs in COI, LaPerla in the Valley). For example, for new construction this f’n nanny state has demanded a wheelchair lift up to the stripper stage for ADA compliance!! Who’s going to open a new nude club (no booze here) facing that sort of BS? The value of keeping your liquor license keeps the topless clubs “clean,” so they squeak by. Like with a restaurant during COVID, “take-out” is the future now. Our days of ITC delights may be just pleasant memories.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    —>“OTOH when was the last time you saw a NEW club start? I don’t mean a new name on an old location but a wholly new operation. I think once they’re gone that’s it.”

Angelwitch in Lubbock TX in 2020 was a wholly new operation. I remember talking with somebody and being shocked that of all the places to tolerate a new club that would be it. But it was pointed out that general area where the club is located was where all the bars and liquor was being sold before Lubbock county finally started allowed alcohol sales in 2009–and even though most of the bars and liquor stores are gone now in that area and is instead closer in town, the association that area has makes it more “okay” for a titty bar to exist.

That club has had challenges of Texas legislation requiring dancers to be 21+ (The time I worked at that club was before that happened and lots of dancers were young—that had to have been a blow there) That and a recent parking lot violent incident in a smaller area where people are more likely to remember that type of thing. AND I didn’t realize it when I first read about it, but I figured out I met the person before who had died. :/ It’s sad stuff.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    There has never been or ever will be a strip club in the county I live in. About 10 years ago the board of supervisors realized that Article 1 meant that they couldn't flat out prevent them but what they did do was set up 5 areas in the county that they would be restricted to...industrial areas and secondly no sexually oriented businesses could serve alcohol. So I drive 35-60 minutes to visit existing clubs.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Bottom line is that adult entertainment is a no-win for politicians. When it's sketchy, it's associated with both minor and major crime. When it's not sketchy, then you'll get more and more women who go Gloria Steinem, decide they need a (particular) man like a fish needs a bicycle, and bank doing sex work. Which all the MAGA fucks will say is threat to Murican Values.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    @623 NY got a new spearmint rhino in midtown so that gives me hope that new stuff can possibly come down the pipe.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    There’s pros and cons to having more or less clubs in an area – I do think that having too-many-clubs may spread the talent around too-much and you can miss-out on certain-dancers unless you’re poking your head into multiple-different-clubs whereas w/ just a few clubs most of the talent is concentrated in a couple of clubs.

The cons of just having a couple of clubs is that there’s less competition and thus easier for the clubs to start gouging custies and dancers and perhaps not keeping up the club’s facilities; etc.

If I had to choose one or the other, I’d prefer for there to be more vs less clubs in an area – in part b/c different custies (and dancers also) have different tastes w.r.t. clubs – speaking for myself I’m usually not into the big more-popular clubs and usually prefer smaller dive type places vs the big corporate-feeling clubs that often feel a bit too-pretentious for my PL-tastes.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    spread the talent around too much?

There are always more young hotties available if the money is there and if LE is not making too much trouble.

And the higher the number of clubs the harder it is politically for LE to do anything about.

And it is because of this principle that San Francisco has the best AMPs, sluttier in front room dress and demeanor, and that sets them up for the best back room action.

The highest number of strip clubs per capita in in Portland, and I think the metro is made far better because of that.

SJG

X - Burning House of Love (Live at Farm Aid 1985)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbDuaio…
  • crazyjoe
    3 years ago
    Who gets strip club constipation?
    3 years ago
    Plus more clubs mean more dancers and some of them might have trouble competing on looks alone so there may be more opportunities for special treatments.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion