tuscl

OT: Laptop Keyboard ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
The 'T' and 'Y' keys on my laptop are not working (all other keys seem to work) - I took them out and blew around the area in case there was dust but they still don't work - anyone had this issue b/f and know what could be the problem?

15 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    How old is the laptop?
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Might be all the cum in the keyboard from all the jerkin. That what’s downed many keyboard for me and had me at circuit city the next day.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ that makes sense
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Laptop is about 4 years old
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    TTTTTTitties

PussYYYYYYY

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    That's a little soon for keys to start failing on a laptop, but not it's not impossible either. Start by vacuuming it to remove the loose particulates and then use a compressed air duster to try to blow out any other dust and other crud that's under the keys. That might do the trick. If not, then you can either get it services. Or, if you're adventurous, there's plenty of detailed YouTube tutorials about lifting keys off of a laptop to clean and make repairs yourself.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    *get it serviced.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I had a key , think it was the "r", that didn't work a couple of years ago on my MAC. I booked an appointment at the Apple Store to get it fixed. Took them about 2 minutes to fix it. They said it would be $400. WTF ?!?

Luckily I remembered that I had purchased AppleCare when I bought the laptop so it was actually Free. But $400 for one stuck key ?
    3 years ago
    Apple geniuses don’t fix things if it’s beyond cleaning, I’m sure that was $400 for the new keyboard they put in. Doesn’t AppleCare still have a deductible thou - so not free.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Apple "geniuses" . That is a funny statement. The guys out front are just sales people. But they do have technicians in the back that can repair minor things. They took my laptop back there and came back almost immediately. What they replaced, I dont' really know, but it didn't take them any time at all. But I didn't have to pay anything. I don't remember how much the AppleCare was when I bought the thing. But make sure you get that if you buy a MAC.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Hmm - I took out the two non-working keys in case there was some dirt or something but it still didn't work - I left the two keys out overnight - I just turned-on my laptop at lunchtime and the keys still didn't work - I was writing a quick Word Doc on my laptop that I needed to write but w/o the two working keys (was gonna modify/fix it later) - midway thru the doc the two broken-keys started working again.

Gonna play the lotto later today
    😊
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    If you ever need a quick temporary fix to get work done before it can be repaired properly, just plug in a desktop usb keyboard.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    If you ever disassemble a laptop it is very very hard to reassemble. Don't know if it has sealed key switches. Probably it is just contactors being pushed down onto a printed circuit board.

And liquid ever spilled in there could cause massive damage. And then there is just dust, dirt, and wear.

Sorry, but this is one of the liabilities of lap tops, and of using then in suboptimal environments.

You might find a repair store and ask them what they think would be best.

There are also probably forums where they talk about these kinds of problems.

Good Luck!

SJG
  • DH721
    3 years ago
    You can type any character by holding down the <alt> key while typing the three digit ASCII code for that letter, on the numeric keypad, then release the <alt> key. The ASCII code for upper case P and T are 080 and 085 respectively, the lower case codes are 112 and 116. .. At least that's what some computer geek told me.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Get an external keyboard just in case this miracle is temporary.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion