tuscl

Inflation at the strip club

Monday, February 21, 2022 5:33 PM
Have you noticed any inflation at the strip club? For entry fees and drink prices I have. A lot of clubs that did not charge them in the past charge them now and ones that did charge them have raised the fee by $10 or more. Dances though have stayed the same at almost all clubs by me except a couple that raised prices by $5 to $25. These two places (one of them in particular) are nothing special and have no business charging more if everywhere else is still $20. Do you see dance prices raising by you? How high would you find acceptable before stopping going to a favorite spot if any increase? I think I would do $25 for favorite dancers that I know and trust only but still kinda pushing it.$20 for a couple minutes of grinding is already a little crazy. I think $30 might be the nail in the coffin for me if that ever happened.

18 comments

• From978
    2 years ago
    I'm of an age where you shouldn't trust my memory, especially regarding the good old days, but I think prices around New England went through a phase of arbitrary increases three or four years ago. Some of them backed off, and some of them stuck. What I'm noticing lately is restructuring fees to give the club a bigger share.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Door, parking, drinks, dances are only slightly higher in my area(Atlanta) but dancer VIP charges have gone up 30-50%
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's not inflation it's greed and all businesses seem to be joining the price gouging bandwagon. I'm seeing club prices slowly going down from reopening price gouging
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "It's not inflation it's greed and all businesses seem to be joining the price gouging bandwagon." As if all businesses just got greedy a few months ago. Were you born this idiotic or did you have to work at it?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    They have momentum and an excuse to put their greed on overdrive Go away tetraplop
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Right, that's just what they were looking for, an excuse to be profitable, and it's not related to the last few years' massive airdrop of money into the economy.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Corporate welfare on steroids is nothing new. This is all pure greed. It's easier to say inflation and get people to accept it than just saying we want to raise prices as much as we can and nows our time Anyways. They'll price gouge themselves out of business
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ "Corporate welfare" has nothing to do with this. Too much money (all these spending bills, rock bottom interest rates) chasing too few goods (somewhat due to the pandemic). But much more the former.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    The thing about keeping dances at $10/song means customers will stack dances, but if they are raised them the same era won’t be as busy and we will see them sitting around in their phones more often. The club will get more $ if the girls are selling more dances, so it is in the clubs best interest to not raise prices to maintain their volumes.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I finally agree with Meat on something. If people stopped consuming and let them fail they'd have no choice but to lower prices
  • gobstopper007
    2 years ago
    If club prices were increasing at the rate everything else is it would probably kill the business.
  • From978
    2 years ago
    Gob:. Raising from $25 to $30 is a 20% increase. What's the rate for everything else?
  • herbtcat
    2 years ago
    Really, a $5 or $10 increase in door fee is not a concern if you intend on getting more than a few dances or a VIP session. If your bankroll is $250 or more, another $10 is almost meaningless. Where I get bothered is when the $20 lap dance - a price point that has resisted going higher for decades - is increased to $30 or $40 for a 2-3 minute song. Why are clubs increasing single dance prices by 50-100%? My opinion, and I posted on this early in the COVID times, is that they are stupidly trying to get current PL's to pay for the revenue they lost when closed for COVID. The result in my area (SF Valley in LA), clubs with fewer PL's inside and PLs' who spend little on dances. Too many of these custies are also hurting from lost wages and they just don't have as much disposable cash as they did in 2019 or before. What I suggested in that earlier post was that clubs should use the opposite strategy; CUT dance prices in half, reduce dancer house fees and get the business packed with PL's and Dancers. Then, slowly, over 6 to 10 months they can increase prices in small increments. The result would be, admittedly, lower margins for a while, but with a big increase in cash flow as both dancers and PL's will feel good about that club and will spend the majority of their schedule and wallet there. For me, I now only look for VIP's that are time-based, and with dancers that I know will make me happy. I MIGHT risk a single dance on an unknown as a test drive, if I think it will convert to a good VIP.
  • rdig
    2 years ago
    Inflation is one of the main reason I go to strip clubs: Love having my dick inflate when hot strippers bounce up and down on it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Any increase in price is a huge impact. The more customers spend on the club the less they spend on girls
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    2 years ago
    I've said this before here...I remember dances being $20 20 years ago. They were $20 12 years ago. Somehow they were also $20 in 2018 when I started going again. So now they've increased to $25. Big...fucking...whoop. Believe it or not, you're not the only ones experiencing higher prices with your cars and your utilities and your strawberries and your bottles of Jameson. Strippers buy those same things. Clubs buy those same things. AND...they were mostly closed for a year, so didn't get to collect that revenue and the girls didn't make that income. Everybody (mostly) gets an annual raise and/or bonus. Why shouldn't the girls who provide the services for your "hobby"? How else would they continue to afford the clothes and accessories and gym memberships and makeup and wax appointments needed in order for you to keep paying them? The level of myopia on this website can be astounding sometimes. Yes, I want to pay as little as possible for everything I consume. But that's not how it works. And there's no reason in the world why this one single vice industry / profession should voluntarily cut drop its prices when literally everything on the planet costs more than it used to.
  • Uprightcitizen
    2 years ago
    If my pants don't inflate at the strip club its time to move on
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Those saying clubs need to price gouge to make up for a year of being closed...... 🤡🤡🤡
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion