tuscl

Going to Chicago 😬😬

Everything I keep reading about Chicago is that it’s very dangerous. I just wanted to ask if there is anywhere I can dance there that’s both safe and worth the trip?

Thank you 💕

60 comments

• mike710
    3 years ago
    Personally, I've only been to the area around Magnificent Mile a few times in the past year. I didn't feel unsafe in that area.

I have friends that live in the suburbs of Chicago in Elgin and Tinley Park. These are probably more affluent burbs and not quite so dangerous. There are clubs in or around both areas.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    No firsthand experience but I've read dancers like Admiral Theatre - it's upscale and low-mileage but IDK the post-Covid state of the club.

If I remember correctly @NinaBambina had danced there in years past.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Thank you both very much! I saw Admiral in reviews (someone said it’s hard to get to?? 🤔), also maybe Scores by the airport? Airport clubs seem to be pretty decent usually 🤔🤔🤔🤔
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    Try da POLEKATZ in da Bridgeville
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    The actual city of Chicago is very segregated. Most of the poor areas are sketchy, the richer areas are quite lovely.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    I did stay around the airport at a Marriott without a car and walked to dinner without feeling unsafe as well. There are some industrial areas near the airport the I probably wouldn't want to walk around at night, but I didn't notice anything bad by my hotel. Chicago, in general, has blue collar and white collar areas. I guess it depends on the economy in the area you choose. Airports areas are usually travelers, but I didn't hit any clubs when I was in Chicago.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I follow crime in Chicago pretty closely and thanks to Kim Foxx Cook County's radical George Soros backed lefty DA all of Cook County is seeing the nonsense because they refuse to lock up murderous, piece of shit gang bangers. That's really what it boils down to. The car jackings, random shootings, google Melissa Ortega an 8 year old little gunned down a couple weeks ago during a gang banger shoot out. The very same gangbangers that are worshiped and bowed down to in liberal land. Just always watch your back when your in a blue city, one thing is always consistent, innocent people are robbed, assaulted, raped and murdered with impunity and nobody gives a fuck. They DO care about the violent criminal though who just did all that horrible stuff to his victim, they really want to rehabilitate him and release him from the "racist" incarceration so he can finish the job, intimidating witnesses and continuing to shoot people.

At this point I would stay the fuck out of there. But if you got to work, I love PoleKatz in Bridgeview. A ton of hot girls there. Low mileage, noextras though they police the dances hard as fuck on cameras, but the girls are hot (IDK if you care about that but from my POV) A lot of staff, should be real safe. They bring in legit DJ's too, I think it's Wednesday's are throwback nights, 80's 90's house music kind of shit. Good stuff. Upscale spot.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I would also think about Score's and Gold Club right next to each other in Stone Park. Nice spots, not Ghetto. It's in suburbs.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    And a bonus one, check out Ocean just as like a bucket list thing. It is THE nicest strip club I've ever been. It's a really cool spot and even has a moat. It's industrial warehouse kind of area by the railroad, not a dangerous area atleast I felt. Just be careful out there, keep your head on a swivel, that's all I'm saying. Anything sketchy. GONE! SEE YA! There is a lot of nonsense going on right now in one of America's greatest cities. You get real a District Attorney and real mayor like Rudy Giuliani, you could clean it up in 2 seconds but right now it's run by assholes.

Great food city too, check out Johnnies Beef in Elmwood Park. Awesome stuff.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    I care about being safe, having reasonable fees to work, and having customers. I do not really care about the DJ or if there are hot girls there.

I am going to Chicago to buy a car, not as a dance destination, but car purchase will keep me there for a few days. So, might as well try to work while I’m there!
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Thanks Muddy and all ❤️
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    PSD, I can keep you safe in my condo in Florida if that is what is important to you.

Any info on the Windy City ? I'm of no use to you. But I'm thinking it's pretty cold in February. Good luck. This must be some special car.
  • farmerguy
    3 years ago
    I've been to Atlantis (too haha) many times and never once felt unsafe or witnessed anything causing me to question the safety aspect. Personally, I feel safer at Atlantis than the few times I've been to Admiral, maybe somewhat due to parking proximity to the club entrance. Atlantis is located at the intersection of a couple busy 4 lane highways and far enough out of the city to help in this regard as well. Security inside is very visible. Having said that, several blocks west of the expressway from there, things get to be a bit sketchy. Also, it seemed on my last couple visits several months ago as though Atlantis is in a bit of a down cycle post Covid, but maybe I just was there on off nights, I'm not sure. Club 390 seems to be pretty popular, but I've always felt less safe entering the club, but maybe that's just me. The last time I stopped at 390, they had a couple Cook County sheriff deputies screening the PLs at the entrance.
    Best of luck and let us (me) know which one you choose! :-)
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Guessing from your posts, Polekatz would be a good fit for you, and it seems to be in a safe suburb of Chicago. As I recall, although it’s been a few years, it has a private parking lot with valet parking. Bouncers seem to run a tight ship inside. Upscalish club the draws what appears to be a mainly middle/upper class white crowd. I don’t have any idea what kind of fees they charge. I recall dance prices were reasonable I think around 20 or $30, depending on whether it was topless or nude. Ocean is nearby. Muddy is right, a beautiful club, but both times I went there it was completely dead.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Thank you guys.

I am buying a project 370z, it will be my 4th Nissan Z car, my third 3.7L VQ, my first 370z. Where I live is full of the confederate weirdos and they love American cars, so that’s what the used market consists of. That is NOT for me. So I had to travel a little to get a decent car at a non outrageous price.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    They'll want proof you're jabbed I hear.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Yeah I’m going to call a few places and ask about working there and ask about the vaccine. I read a bunch of stuff during the trials that led me to believe I may have a reaction getting the shot, and sure enough I did, so I couldn’t get the second one. So if it’s required there I may not be able to work.

I also learned in speaking with the CDC afterwards that the occurrence of this reaction is .02 people per million, before anyone freaks out. Anyway, I’ll see what they say!

A question: these are not all bikini bars in this town, right?
  • sinclair
    3 years ago
    Illinois will drop its mask mandate at the end of February. The city of Chicago may still continue to enforce a mask and vaccine card mandate like it is doing now. You might be better off working the in the suburbs versus the city for that reason.

Heavenly Bodies northwest of the airport, All Star's and the three clubs (Bobby's, Carl's, Louie's) off of Mannheim Road are bikini clubs. Admiral Theatre is in a so-so area. It is an immigrant neighborhood of Mexicans, Muslims, and Slavs. Most of the dancers working there tended to be white with many of those further classified as Eastern European. Ocean Gentlemen's Club is in the middle of an industrial park in Bedford Park and only gets busy on weekends. It has over time become a black club with big parties when rappers come to town. Polekatz is in an industrial area of Bridgeview. It is pretty safe and most dancers are Latina and white with some chocolate and a couple Asians thrown into the mix. Club 390 is in an industrial area a ways south in Chicago Heights. It is safe when you are on the property, but the general area is not the best. It is about half black, half other ethnicity. The Deja Vu and Rick's in the city are widely viewed as clip joints for tourists. My home base is Chicago, and I don't strip club there because the clubs are low value in my opinion.

We used to be able to say that crime only happened in the ghetto areas of Chicago, but it is spreading everywhere now, even the far out suburbs. Last year was the highest number of murders in a year since 1994. Keep in mind there is lots of snow and ice this time of year. Not fun to drive a RWD car on ice or six inches of snow...
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Sinclair—>“My home base is Chicago, and I don't strip club there because the clubs are low value in my opinion.”

Woah, I thought you would have lived somewhere 250k people max! I’m surprised you live in a city
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    As far as I know, Chicago's not too dangerous for visitors. They typically would not have reason to go to the higher crime parts. Unless you're black, and you want your hair done by somebody who won't fuck it up. It seems like carjacking is a problem even in the lower crime parts, so drive a hatchback or something if you can.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... Woah, I thought you would have lived somewhere 250k people max! I’m surprised you live in a city ..."

To the best of my knowledge he travels for work a lot and I assume why he hits a lot of small-town clubs - or maybe ur comment was based on the POVs he expresses
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Does anyone here think that my basic, Uggs-wearing ho ass is black lol…

By no means throwing any shade, just wanted to know if anyone really thought that about me lol??
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Are the clubs low value because of what the club allows or because of what the girls allow….?
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I don’t think ibai thought you were black, his communication style just sometimes drifts down other trains of thought sometimes.

@papi both of those was why, hah.

@PSD: have fun! And hope it’s decent out there. I’ve always wanted to go to Chicago (and the Shedd Aquarium especially)

• jackslash
    3 years ago
    Chicago is a great city. I worked in downtown Chicago for years. You don't need to worry about crime in the downtown area which has all the shopping and museums and attractions. The crime is in the gang areas of the southside. As long as you don't got there, you'll be fine.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    I have been to the aquarium! It was dope. 💯. Side note: If you like reading, look up this book called Devil in the White City. It’s a historical story about the challenges of the first world’s fair while the US’s first serial killer was simultaneously killing people in the city. It talks a lot about the buildings that are still there today, and the inventions from the fair that we still use. Great book.

Was being sarcastic about being black though, everyone here knows I’m not cool enough for that lol.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    AFAIK the clubs are low-value bc that is how they are ran/managed
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    ^^ ty, was afraid of that 😢
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    I did check the weather btw and I will be out of there on Wednesday at the latest, this car I am buying is very familiar to me and even as a Washingtonian with much experience driving in snow, rwd z car back end will get loose on wet asphalt. I do NOT risk it with snow in these cars. So, going to St. Louis before forecasted snow arrives. 👍🏼
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^ So this is your car project, automatic transmission?

And this is not the RWD Z car?

Usually FWD does well in snow, more weight on the driving wheels.

SJG

GEORGE FEST - Norah Jones - SOMETHING @ Fonda 09-28-14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC42CJoB…

Ann Wilson - Beware Of Darkness @ George Fest 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pphBiAY…

OMS - Martinism part 4/5 - St. Martin the Unknown Philosopher
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZ1Uqvd…
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    Muddy suggested Gold Room in Stone Park, which is 5ish miles south of airport. Based on what I perceive to be your profile I second Muddy's rec, though based on second hand info: I've got a middle age pal who travels through Chicago every summer and spends a few days. He hits Gold Room every night for what he's looking for, which is have some cocktails, watch and talk to pretty girls, and get dances with no interest in extras. Small sample size here, but if that's the kind of club it is, seems you would do very well, your 2 pics posted on your profile are quite appealing.
  • EastCoaster
    3 years ago
    PinkSugarDoll, I am originally from the Chicago area. I go back there now and then, but generally don't visit the clubs there. Like me, many of our most active TUSCLers prefer clubs with extras and/or high-contact dances at reasonable prices, and for the most part, Chicago clubs have neither of those. I suspect that's the source of the negative comments. That doesn't mean, however, that you wouldn't like working at the clubs mentioned in the comments above.

I will second your recommendation of "Devil in the White City." ("White City" refers not to race but to the color of the buildings erected for the 1893 World's Fair in the area south of downtown that is now home to the University of Chicago.) One of the most unusual and engaging books I have ever read. I liked the stuff about the World's Fair, but the running account of the simultaneous atrocities of the serial killer -- a doctor -- happening just a few blocks away was fascinating. Hard to believe, yet all true.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @Pink the lighting in your picture is off-axis and saturated, so you could be redbone 👅 .

I actually know a dancer in Chicago metro who's black and Pacific Islander. She lives in a quiet outer burb, but has to go to rough areas to get her hair done by people who know what they're doing. She's working on getting her permit to carry, but it's like pulling teeth in Illinois. She loves Miami but hasn't pulled the trigger yet on moving, I suspect for man reasons she doesn't care to discuss with me. She likes PoleKatz, but doesn't want to get jabbed, been working a straight job and at downstate clubs. She's underwhelmed with the $ downstate. I've only been to PoleKatz once, they seem to prefer to hire very petite white chicks who are borderline jailbait.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @nice communication style that drifts, yeah, everyone knows you mean my senility, fuck you.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Wow, I did not know I have pictures on my profile, cool lol.

I never meet anyone who has read that book before even though it’s a best seller. I think the author also wrote a book about Napoleon (I thiiiiink, could be mistaken), which is very well reviewed too.

So you guys think I don’t do extras 😏😏😏😏😏

This day is full of surprises 🥰
  • FishHawk
    3 years ago
    PSD, I know I am late to this discussion and I have no intell on Chicago but I did read the book you referenced and it is a very good read. The real life drama is as suspenseful as any fictional crime drama.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    ^^ yes!
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    I canceled vacation plans in downtown Chicago last year because of these kinds of concerns. The chances of something bad happening to you personally are always low, but it’s not worth my time and money to go somewhere with rising crime and falling business and tourism.

I’ve done the loop through Polekatz/Atlantis/390 a few times, everyone else’s comments are pretty accurate. Atlantis is in a very nice building but when I went it was either overcrowded or totally dead, not much fun for a solo PL. 390 has a mix of hot and ugly girls, I don’t feel unsafe there but I also wouldn’t be shocked to hear about a 2 AMer happening there. Polekatz is kind of a safe middle ground between the other two clubs.

Admiral Theatre is in my list to check out, but stuff I’ve read makes me not feel comfortable driving my nice car there.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    With most of the dancers at PoleKatz, if you get one song, you basically just get a sales pitch for a half-hour "upstairs". One that's pricey by downstate standards. Whether you have to do actual extras up there, or just ROB, I don't know, I'm not the gambling type. I found one dancer (Linda, Russian) who gave non-ROB (but no extras) by the song dances, she made a few benjies off me, so that may be a way to bank in that club in general.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Sad I won't be there to meet you PSD. So close but yet so far...
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Hopefully your levee isn't breaking like Robert Plant's https://youtu.be/uwiTs60VoTM .
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    So far my preferred way to visit the loop area is to park at Midway and take the El. I walked around a lot down there, Navy Pier and the nearby shoreline, Michigan Ave., Greektown (looks permanently dead from COVID), Pilsen. Never felt unsafe, but this was all in the daytime. I'm not a shopper, the shopping looks good by Midwest standards, but seemed pretty lame by Manhattan standards.
  • EndlessSummer
    3 years ago
    So, I grew up in the area and lived in the actual city (meaning, not a suburb) but it's been many years since I danced there, so any info I have is probably no longer pertinent.
    However, I will say that I'll always have a fondness for Scores, and clubs that were in city limits were never that great- with the added annoyance of the city ordinance requiring pasties.
    Sorry I don't have any good intel but I wanted to thank you for starting this thread... it's made me nostalgic (used to have a membership at the aquarium and I haven't thought about Devil in the White City in years- def a must read) and since I'm planning a trip back in the not too distant future, there's some stuff there that could be helpful for me too... so thanks! Hopefully, you'll follow up when you get back to let us know which club(s) you tried out and how it went?
    Safe travels and congrats on the new car! 🔆😊🤗
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Ty! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    3 years ago
    As far as safety.... look at the map of murders in Chicago. It's EXTREMELY swayed towards the south/west of downtown hoods. Almost zero in the gold coast, Bucktown, Lincoln Park, wrigleyville.

Admiral theater has been less active the past couple trips, likely covid related.

Interesting there used to be a little neighborhood bar 2 doors west of admiral. They've been closed since covid. A year ago or so we walked west to the intersection and diagonal across was a liquor store with a bar in the back. All eastern European staff and customers except us. Acceptable place To grab n a quick drink between dances.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    I have never actively or in actively sought a murder map in my life 🤔🤔🤔
  • MajorBoobage
    3 years ago
    I live in Chicago and go clubbing in the area. I can't speak to which clubs the girls will make the most money at, but I would suggest Club 390, Atlantis, and Ocean are at least safe to work at. They're in blue collar areas but not really high-crime areas. Admiral probably is safe to work at too, assuming they have security watching you in from your car to the club (the neighborhood can be a bit sketchy, as others have mentioned). Heavenly Bodies is in a pretty safe area, although I don't know if people even go there anymore. Polekatz also should be OK. Stay away from the Mannheim clubs (Carl's and Louie's Lounge; Bobby's no longer offers dances); they're not a great area and they're complete dives where I can't imagine you could make any money.

As for the city itself, the myth of Chicago as a dangerous place used to be terribly overblown, but unfortunately crime has been getting worse lately around here, even in most North Side neighborhoods (which used to be really very nice).
  • MajorBoobage
    3 years ago
    SUMMER -- Are you coming back to dance or just to visit? I see your pictures on here all the time and I would love to see you dance but I don't see myself landing in West Virginia any time soon! :)
  • EndlessSummer
    3 years ago
    ^My main purpose is to go for a visit, but if I can get my act together enough to find a good place to dance for a shift and maybe coordinate a couple of visitors to join me, then I'll set aside a day for that. When I start firming up my plans, I'll PM you to get some input. Would be great to meet! 😘🔆💋
  • Musterd21
    3 years ago
    Would love to meet some of the ladies on here but I needs be careful in the Chicago area. lol
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    I worked at Admiral years ago. Not sure if they've changed anything but back then:

-Hiring was on Thursdays via the amateur contest (if they still do that)
    -Hiring standards are high, they prefer slim white girls (you'll be fine)
    -Fully nude, no alcohol
    -Week nights are very slow
    -Weekend nights are easy to make a grand at if you hustle
    -Low contact
    -Safe

Idk about the other Chicago clubs, they might be better if you're going during the week because week nights at Admiral are slow.
  • chiefwiggum
    3 years ago
    Any club in Chicago proper is terrible, the only good thing is the girls are typically hot. It's all air dances with over-bearing bouncers (who are otherwise nice outside of monitoring dances). Prices are high, too. Honestly, I'm not sure how clubs in Chicago make any many, there must be hardcore regulars and a ton of tourists. The few times I go (against my objection), there's only a handful of PLs. The neighborhood for Admiral, Ricks, Deja Vu are all safe, all clubs are upscale, imo, Deja Vu being third, but better than your average Deja Vu. However, as noted above crime in Chicago is on the rise. I personally saw a shooting live during the day by a 911 dispatch center of all places, and, one of my favorite donut shops had a shootout.

The closest strip club to the airport is Heavenly Bodies, used to be my favorite in the area a while ago. Not as upscale. My friends tell me it's picking up again, like they have lines outside, if that's true, then it should be sufficiently busy for dancers.

The others close to O'Hare in the other direction are the Mannheim/Stone Park clubs (Carl's, Louie, Bobbie, but they're not really strip clubs). I consider Stone Park to be less safe (but usually there are ton of cops around) and parking is hard to come by. The Stone Park clubs are Gold Room and Scores. I like Scores better than Gold, both are nicer than HBs.

I haven't been to Ocean's as it isn't on my way to anything.

I spend most of my time at Atlantis, 390, and Industrial Strip in Indiana, just across the border. I like Atlantis generally better than 390 but they both ebb and flow in terms of talent. Ford Heights (Atlantis) is ghetto, but the parking lot is manned at night and Chicago Heights isn't much better, but definitely safer. That being said, the clubs properties are safe. The clubs can be busy, especially Atlantis where they'll charge $20 for parking and $40 to enter.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Ty!

The car fell through and I am no longer going to Chicago. 🥺
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ You didn't miss much, not that Chicago is any more dangerous than most other large cities all across this country, the real problem is the same as all of the other large cities it's getting around in a car sucks ass, big time, that's the real problem.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    Next car on the list is in Miami. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    C"mon down the water is nice, and by next week this little cold snap will be over. Plus you'll get sun shined on 😎😎😎😎
  • FishHawk
    3 years ago
    I am sorry your deal fell through. There will be other cars for you. Maybe one day near me I hope.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    3 years ago
    25 you are in…..Cocoa I think? I would die to find a car there bc my painter is in Jville! I haven’t seen anything but overpriced trash in Florida so far 😢😢😢
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ @twentyfive is in South FL (Palm Beach county)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion