tuscl

driving in bad weather

queencarmen
MA born dancing queen <3
Friday, February 4, 2022 6:13 PM
call me a pussy, but when the weatherman says stay off the roads … I usually listen …. But I hate calling out of work because sometimes I get the wrath … my car is just kinda shitty (totally my fault because I could have upgraded by now) and I hate risking crashing or something because to be honest I am not the best driver. I think the reason I haven’t upgraded is because I’m afraid of wrecking it but at this point driving a shitbox isn’t cute anymore ! Plz send peace, blessings & sunshine thank u <3

23 comments

• Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Mass is a slushy, soupy mess right now. Don't drive if you don't have to.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I’m sending sunshine over 🌞 right now. Im with you if it’s bad fuck it, don’t risk it. Club don’t like it, time for a new club. We’re in the same neck of the woods based on what they’re saying I would pass on tonight, supposed to be Icey as fuck.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    This is my take on today in New England: I drove to court; it was closed. I drove to my office and slid 200 feet down a hill, Tonight is poker and poker on Friday's is usually preceded by Friday afternoon at Desires. We drove 260 miles through las =t weekends nor' easter to ski Sugarloaf, so bad weather driving isn't a big deal when its worth it. So while risking our lives was fine to ski light dry powder, I will stay home today due to roads because a strip club isn't worth dying for.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I've had about 10 accidents in my life - 2 were my fault and extremely minor. The rest were all the other driver's fault. Strangely, I've never once been in a collision when roads had snow, ice, or even rain. I pay extra close attention to how other people drive. It's easy to spot someone who has no idea how to drive in bad weather conditions. I give them a wide berth, and even pulled off the road a few times to put distance between us.
  • TheEckster
    2 years ago
    "Mass is a slushy, soupy mess right now. Don't drive if you don't have to." From Texas to Maine is a slushy, soupy mess right now. Where I live in the Midwest this is our 2nd day being snowed in, most places have been closed.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    It’s best that you know your limits, and you avoid driving in certain unsafe conditions. I respect that. It’s best to be safe. There are so many nuts on the road, who think they are fine, but who don’t use common sense. In general, I’m not worried about me, I’m worried about the guy in the car next to me thinking he can stop quickly on ice. Be safe out there Carmen.
  • yankeez4lif
    2 years ago
    I know it's hard especially since you're starting at a new club but the weather in your area is downright nasty right now. Doesn't matter how good of a driver you are when ice and snow enter the mix. Stay blessed and stay safe!
  • EndlessSummer
    2 years ago
    If you're not ready to upgrade your car, something you can do for the current one is to make sure you have good brakes and tires (I know that sounds like stating the obvious, but so many girls don't take care of their cars- I used to be one of em!)...but, of course, the safest thing is to avoid the danger all together. And don't let em make you feel bad about doing that! Even a minor fender bender can cause injuries that make our job harder or even impossible, not to mention the expense. Gotta take care of you, girl! 🤗
  • queencarmen
    2 years ago
    omg thank u all for the sunshine. I will be staying in tonight for sure. So true like I really don’t want to risk it !!! Yes endlesssummer I actually do need two new back tires because they’re getting kinda dull so I will probably do that tomorrow :) I think I got my brakes done like within the past year but sometimes they make noise so like idek if it’s because I have a heavy foot maybe I already need new ones again lol. @yankeez this shift was in Boston so luckily not calling out at the new spot ! It’s been pretty slow there anyways but I really like desires so far, I had such a great first shift yesterday. @skibum omg sliding 200 feet … sounds terrifying :O glad u r ok ! Yeah like people are crazy on the road overall .. I’ve been in ummm probably 5 accidents and 4 of 5 were my fault lol some rear ending and some side swipin’ and some just into guard rails! The one time I got rear ended is a crazy story but long story short I was on a road trip and was in Florida and the dude totaled my car so I got to finish the road trip in a rental which was kinda awesome because my cars alternator was going (wasn’t gonna make it back home anyways) then boom slammed in the back. Got a good amount of $ for my lil whip because it was totaled. I’m planning on getting a new car within the next 2 months, probably a Toyota or something reliable, an SUV with 4 wheel drive, something I could go on a road trip in! I don’t need anything too fancy :)
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    I was reading somewhere in a dancer group that places like the Midwest and east coast areas where winters are cold the entire season and customers are used to snow/storm conditions frequently tend to spend better on worse weather days. I have no personal experience with that though and probably never will. I hate ice and cold 🥶
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    The worst winter driving is in sunshine states that get a rare snow storm. Drivers don’t have a clue. I was in Dallas when a rare snow/ice storm arrived. Only a few inches but every car around me was spinning out.
  • mjx01
    2 years ago
    What qualifies as bad driving weather varies greatly by location. I went to Albuquerque once. Granted that it was probably more icy than I realized, but, latterly every local person had slid off the road. the raido was say not to call 911 if no injuries because of how overwhelmed the system was. I lived my whole life in the north east and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how it was that bad for the locals. On the other hand, pre-covid I spent a lot of time in Idaho. One time it snowed pretty good. Compared to where I'm from, the roads were basically untreated in my opinion. Probably the 2nd scariest drive I've exerienced.
  • mjx01
    2 years ago
    Didn't mean to hit submit. Yet, my local Idaho colleagues though nothing of it. wtf. If you feel unsafe on the road stay off the road. (and that should be literally everyone... thank you auto correct)
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    My favs tell me the early months of the year are the low money time for dancers. PLs are tapped out from X-mas. PLs who are going to owe income tax are being stingy. PLs who are getting refunds haven't gotten them yet. PLs stay home when the roads are slippery.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I heard there's been over 200 car accidents in Massachusetts bc of the current weather
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    It was closer to 300. I saw 12 in 10 mile drive to poker.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    I’m a professional driver. You have to know how to drive in snowy icy conditions- slow down, turn into a slide, keep momentum on hills etc. If you don’t know what you’re doing stay home.
  • queencarmen
    2 years ago
    yeah staying home is what I ended up doing, I hope the roads are better today because I have a pole class to go to later! I have no idea the specific rules of driving in icy conditions, I think someone once told me to just never hit the brakes. Or maybe that was if you fishtail out?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    And if all else fails get your head down and try to hit something cheap. 😚😚😚😚😚
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    ^ watch some YouTube videos
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Do you mean like this one [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I meant for Carmen to watch some YouTube vids about how to drive in snow and ice; but still best to stay home if roads are bad
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ LOL
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion