tuscl

Customer age demographics changing.

8TM
North America
Monday, January 24, 2022 12:24 AM
The conventional wisdom here is millennials don’t go to strip clubs much and don’t spend money when they do. But when I think about it, I really don’t see many old guys in clubs anymore like I used to. I don’t know if covid was a main factor, but it seems like something changed. In my experience, the “regulars” look like middle aged 40 somethings, then you’ve got a lot of 20 somethings who come in groups. So has there really been a turnover in the generations? Probably need the dancers here to give an accurate take.

35 comments

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Where are you clubbing, because here in Florida I see the same guys I’ve seen for years
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    8tm. I've noticed it too. I think covid is a factor. And also the way clubs market themselves more as places to party with the added bonus of eye candy. It's like the stripper hoes aren't seen as the main draw in club ads. But are an added bonus.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    It seems to me like there are fewer old guys in clubs and I don't think I'm imagining it because some long time strippers have agreed with me. This is not true of all strippers but I have had some girls tell me they do better making sales to an old guy by himself than a young guy sitting in a group. They say their sales have been hurt by the decline of this type of customer. The demographics of the older customer is more white while younger customers are more nonwhite. This reflects the country as a whole. Clubs have become less appealing to the old white guy customer. The blocking of new clubs by city governments have left many clubs in declining inner city neighborhoods. Many older customers move further and further out of cities to escape crime and social dysfunction and don't want to make long drives to these inner city clubs. In addition to the surrounding neighborhoods being less safe, the clubs themselves are less safe. I now get checked for weapons and have my ID scanned at many more clubs than in the past. In addition to the crime and travel issues, the atmosphere of the clubs has changed in a direction old guys don't like. There is a snowball effect where fewer old customers in a club make the ones still there feel out of place so they stop going too. With more younger nonwhite customers, clubs play more hip hop to appeal to that group. This is a type of music many older customers don't like. Older guys have more money so as they leave the quality of the dancers decline. The type of dancers who do well with and are willing to tolerate older customers decrease in numbers since they can't make as much money when the type of customer they do well with is decreasing in numbers. As these girls decrease, older guys then face more girls who don't like them or don't know how to appeal to them when they show up, which causes them to show up even less.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Weekdays/Daytime= Old Guys with money Weekends/Night= Young Partiers on a budget
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    I think with the economy how it is a lot of the older crowd have to be more penny pinching with being on a fixed retirement income. Not every old guy retires with a fat 401k/ira/pension whatever. I think a lot of them in these times have had to cut back on a lot of fun stuff unless they wanna come out of retirement.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    In the areas I’ve been, I haven’t seen much of an old guy deficit. But most of the time at my home club I do the day. Not sure how to compare it at other clubs since precovid, but I’ve met plenty of older customers in other places. And I work nights when I go elsewhere.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I just turned 80 years old which I think makes me the oldest poster on this board. I'm financially in good shape and am hitting clubs at least once a week. I know some guys are staying away due to Covid and some due to money and some because they don't like the quality of the dancers now working. I'm doing less VIPs than before Covid because I won't pay higher prices for dancers that just don't do it for me looks and personality wise. I do hang out more hoping for that diamond in the rough but most of the time I just go home after getting a few tame dances from a few girls that barely meet my looks requirements. But I'm not ready to give it up for a game of checkers in the park.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Most old guys I've seen jn clubs come with a set amount and leave after. They're very stingy with buying drinks or floor dances. And they never stay long. The vast majority of old men are far from wealthy.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    I havent seen a shortage of old men ... I was just saying why I think maybe in some places there are less of them than it used to be
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    There are 20,000,000 millionaires in the US and 800 billionaires. A lot of these, probably most of them, are old guys. If memory serves, there are about 1,000 strip clubs reviewed on TUSCL. So, there are 20,000 millionaires and one billionaire for every club in America.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Mark you're a moron. Clubs aren't full of old millionaires. Pretending old men are all wealthy while talking about ripping off hookers is moronic...
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    “Pretending old men are all wealthy” You need to take a logics class. My claim is that “many of the wealthy are old”. That is a very different statement from “old men are all wealthy”. Also, I don’t contend that clubs are “filled with millionaires.” But, I do contend that there are enough old millionaires around that they are among the people going to strip clubs. And, the customers most likely to spend freely.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Logic? You're the fucking idiot ranting how having to ask for condiments is a communist conspiracy and claim Trump win the election.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Around me (Rhode Island) it's not just old guys, it's the exact same old guys. At least that's true during the day shifts. At night it's a younger, more fluid customer base. Like everyone else here, my view is limited. Trying to make national predictions based on what's going on at the regional clubs you visit will be flawed. The guys who travel more might have a better idea, but even that's limited.
  • JamesSD
    2 years ago
    I'm also curious about the market and time of day.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Icey has brough being an insipid, childish dumb fuck to new heights.
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    I have found old millionaires to be the cheapest men unless I decide to offer extras. Maybe other girls had different experiences
  • blahblahblah23
    2 years ago
    Now middle aged or young millionaires were a different story!
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Blah you really don’t know who has money, and who’s a poseur, everyone is different, it’s really funny but sometimes when you least expect it that’s when you get a windfall
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    If there was reliable national data to use, this could provide some very interesting results. Sadly, I don’t think there is good demographics for strip club customers. We can speculate and use logic, but the truth could be quite different. I would be curious to know if older men began to curtail their club visits as a result of the pandemic. As far as millionaires going to strip clubs, that would be very interesting data. But, it’s close to impossible to get the data. I’m sure the spending habits of millionaires in strip clubs would also be an interesting data set. They might be the biggest sharks out there, bargaining for the lowest prices possible - or they could be making it rain?
  • Player11
    2 years ago
    I haven’t been to strip clubs much since Covid. I do have x stripper SB seen for 13 yr. She is fantastic. When I think about going to club I feel risk of Covid jitters. A couple of friends fully vaxed have contracted Covid. A friend 77 passed recently who refused vax and even treatment when he contracted it. Covid is no joke and those who bs otherwise are fools.
  • EndlessSummer
    2 years ago
    Where I'm at, it's a lot of the same mixed bag during the day. Some of the older, usual suspects have disappeared (for whatever reason) but I still see many familiar faces during the very limited time I'm there these days. Sure do wish I had the pleasure of meeting all these millionaires everyone's talking about though! 🤑
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Millionaires understand the value of the dollar and won’t piss it away by making it rain. They will spend wisely and if there is a good provider who offers reliable services, she will get steady income from that millionaire very discretely. The girls who understand this will have millionaires lined up waiting for her to dance for them. The bitter jaded stripper will be myopic and not give the millionaire the time of day, because she is looking for a handout from a mark. Odds are the myopic stripper can’t or isn’t willing to put in the effort needed to cultivate the value of the wealthy strip club goer, but the veteran intelligent stripper will. She doesn’t even need to do extras, IME.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    I’m representative of the older and, let’s say, financially comfortable customers. I stayed away from clubs until I got vaccinated. After that, I returned to clubbing but less frequently. It wasn’t CoVid that kept me away but the fact that all my favorite dancers were gone. I prefer seeing a few reliable dancers rather than sorting through a new group of fatties and hustlers each time I visit. I suspect a lot of middle age and older customers have the same preference. We don’t have the patience to put up with stripper shit. I spend consistently and fairly if the service is good. I don’t throw money around at just the sight of every pair of titties. That’s one way to stay financially comfortable.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    If a club has a nice enough fast pace, then I won’t have enough time to try to ballpark how wealthy or or not the person in front of me is. But alas, that’s not always realistic. If one is trying to make most of their income from 1-3 sugar daddies, then I think learning about a customers wealth is important. I remember even reading a tumblr post years ago of how to use the public library to try to figure out what assets and businesses a man owns on the sly. But since that’s not my MO, I don’t care how wealthy somebody is. Just give me enough money to make it worth my time and have some etiquette, which men of all types have the ability to have.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Millionaires are comfortable and restrained until they have a few beers and have a great pair of tits in their face. Then an offer of NSA ITC sex can make them forget about being shrewd and married…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's crazy how so many rich men are fine with just being treated like marks. Coz that's all they have to offer.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    It seems to me, a lot of the veteran dancers have much in common. They stay fit and seem to have a healthy lifestyle. They easily carry on conversation and read people well. I get the impression they manage their money well ( though there’s no way I can really know that ). They know a lot of enjoyable dance techniques and can quickly judge which works best with each client. They play the long game and are willing to invest some time to establish a relationship. They have a positive attitude. They remember names and faces. They provide value for the money and never overcount dances. They don’t waste time chatting with other dancers on the floor. Their customers tend to be older, though not necessarily old. Many of the dancers have an established group of customers and can make money efficiently by focusing on regulars.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    That's the illusion they're selling you
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    mark94 - you make a good observation. Dancers who are successful over the long term, have developed a base of regulars. Those regulars likely provide a decent cash flow. If those dancers work a weekend night or two, that additional cash flow is the more variable part of their income. To be successful over the long term, I think it’s important for a dancer to remain in physically fit, avoid excessive alcohol and drugs, and to have a good rapport. As a dancer moves out of her 20’s, she may not appeal to the customers looking for the younger (likely more naïve) dancers, but she may be able to carry a conversation much better. Depending on the age of her regulars, the age gap may narrow a bit, so it might be easier to chat.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    “Just give me enough money to make it worth my time and have some etiquette, “ Agree. I try to make sure that I treat my faves in a polite and friendly manner while always spending a reasonable amount every time. I’d like to think that my faves spot me and immediately think “ there’s someone who will treat me well while I make good money”. In return, I get prompt and enjoyable service. Though, if you were to survey every dancer in the club, most would claim I never spend money (…..on them).
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    The extreme example was the 40-ish dancer who was extremely fit and acrobatic, did a great stage dance, who only ever danced for the same client. She worked about 3-4 afternoons a week for 1-2 hours. I’m guessing she made $200-$400 each day based on time spent. That’s $40,000 to $80,000 per year for under 8 hours a week.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Seems to be large contingent of never married men who have completely rejected normative relationships. Can't tell if this is because somehow they feel delegitimated, and so it could be economic. The best and brightest of these are the ones my org will be recruiting. SJG Melody Still Lingers On [view link] TJ Steet [view link]
  • Tiburon
    2 years ago
    Sounds like the woes of the old and Restless LOL.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Mark you're right you're just guessing
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion