Have You Ever Been Told That OTC Is Grounds For The Dancer To Get Fired?

Starting during the pandemic shutdown I have been meeting OTC with my ATF. She returned to her club once it reopened. She recently said that mgt has declared that meeting a custie OTC is grounds for dismissal, because of the loss of revenue for the club. So we are on the DL. Looking at it from their side this edict makes sense. And I assume it has always been that way and is not a recent course change. Since I did not partake in OTC until the pandemic this wasn't a subject that had ever previously crossed my mind. What has been your experience with this?

25 comments

• jackslash
    3 years ago
    No. This never happens in Detroit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Yeah - over the years there's been clubs that "try" to police this but since it's almost impossible to police there's not much they can do in enforcing it - but this should be a heads-up to avoid connecting dancer-names to OTC in a review or discussion (and even avoid describing her in too-much detail where she is easily identifiable) - also probably best to be discreet about exchanging #s in a club since one does not know how much a particular club, or manager, police it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It's a common policy. Clubs don't want the liability of employing hookers. Unless it's just it's and management is getting a cut.

But I don't see why you'd be open about your affairs to people in a club
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Yes, but never by a girl I was doing OTC with. I’ve gotten it as an excuse for not doing OTC, as if they need an excuse. All they have to do is say no.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    In general, it’s best to have some discretion with it.

The range of OTC tolerance can vary. At one club, the entire club is camera monitored out the wazoo and exchanging phone numbers is grounds for termination. At another club, one can blatantly walk out early on a shift with a customer (as long as staff is tipped out and you’re telling them you’re leaving). At another club, a dancer who worked at that club blatantly went in the club in street clothes with a customer who is a club reg and threw money at all the dancers there.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    What reason would you have to tell anyone at the club anyway?

I've never known of a club that's cool with a customer and a dancer openly leaving the club together. The claim is that the club can be closed for being associated with prostitution.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
    And then there’s the extreme edge case where the dancer is drunk dialing / fighting with her significant other. And she is in no shape to drive herself home. So the manager says to me, in all seriousness: “You’d better take her back to your place.”
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Most of my OTC sessions have been in my home town and done on days the dancer was not working. The few times that I have done it on the road it usually involves keeping it on the down low while ITC. Most clubs have a policy that once a dancer leaves the club, she cannot come back to work again that same day. Helps to keep out the hard core prostitutes.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    —>“I've never known of a club that's cool with a customer and a dancer openly leaving the club together. “

San Antonio is definitely a more, erm, wild environment.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    It happens. Over the years I've had some OTC partners go through Mission Impossible type maneuvers to avoid being seen leaving the club with me. Sometimes it's not even the fear of being fired but simply wishing to avoid being judged by other dancers and club staff. These issues are why why exercising discretion is never a bad approach.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'll reiterate what Papi said.

This is why don't connect dancers by name to extras or OTC in reviews.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    I used to pick up my ATF at the club after work. I would drive to the back entrance of the club and wait for her. The valet knew me and never hassled me. Sometimes I would walk into the club and wait (no cover during the day) until she texted me she was ready to go. The manager and staff had no problems with this.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Most don't allow it to make prostitution on the premises harder.

They also have no boyfriend policies
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I enjoyed DesertScrub’s method - and I’m thinking it might work!

I think this is a club specific type of practice - or possibly something that occurs in a specific area. I’ve had dancers at heavily surveillance clubs say they can’t exchange numbers for OTC. I’ve met up with the same dancers at more relaxed clubs, and they were fine with the exchange of details.

I think the clubs are primarily concerned with the loss of revenue associated with a customer and dancer moving OTC. A club can’t be seen as a place that supports prostitution, but unless a dancer offers OTC to a cop, or if there is an investigation targeting the club, the exchange of phone numbers in a private dance room is difficult to prove (even if there is some sort of video).
    3 years ago
    Having a policy against it creates plausible deniability to protect the club, they don’t have to vigorously police it as long as they say “We don’t allow that”.
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Its soo easy to arrange OTC discreetly making this a pretty weak threat. I would take that rule as a challenge to shortly violate.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ Upright, as someone who has taken a fair number of girls from clubs like this, I think you are underestimating the complications that this threat creates.

For starters, fear isn't always rational. A girl who is worried about losing her job if she does xyz is less likely to do it and more cautious when she does. This impacts everything from how free she feels to talk about it ITC to departure logistics if it is a same night meet.

What doesn't help is that these types of clubs tend to attract a lot of bitter self righteous girls who feel that it is their divine duty to police the activities of others. At the first whiff of a deviation, these girls will run their mouths off to management, other girls or both. It's not like it takes a jury trial to remove a dancer from the roster.

So because of all of this, quite often a girl needs to become comfortable enough with a guy to trust him to keep his mouth shut if she decides to do it. That's a tall hurdle to overcome, especially nowadays with so many pussies parading as men who are just too eager to please. IME that type of trust doesn't come easily, instead developing over a number of visits.

My ATF worked in a club where this threat was real and she took it very seriously. It was the only club for 30 miles in any direction and she was the sole caregiver and breadwinner for her young daughter. Eventually, after she retired, I took two other girls out from this same club as I had developed a rep for keeping my mouth shut. And you'd better believe that some of the other dancers, in their role as activity police, tried their best to coax information out of me, assuming that there must be something with all the time these same girls spent with me over several visits.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I'm not an OTCer but several dancers at multiple clubs have said it's grounds for termination.
  • Oliver_Clothesoff_66
    3 years ago
    Thanks for the varied responses. FWIW in this case, we meet on nights when she isn't working.
  • LVclubber
    3 years ago
    This is definitely a widespread policy. In truth, most clubs claim that all the dancers are independent contractors. Thus they are not really subject to such rules. But, consistency has never been a hallmark of strip club management. In truth, girls get "fired" all the time for various reasons, some good, some bad. The best justification I have ever heard from a SC manager was the rule is to prevent the clubs from being used for prostitution.

My own experience with a couple of clubs and OTC situations was we had to be fairly discreet about meetings. For example, one dancer told me to meet her at a regular bar down the street for the beginning of our OTC. Another said, "lets meet at...." Others were more discreet, we just exchanged digits and made the dates later. One time recently, I was texting a dancer in her club and we decided to meet up after her shift.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    No one at the club should ever know that it is happening.

And no one owns those women or has any right to tell them what they can't do outside of the club.

SJG

Jennifer Fischer
    https://jenniferfisherjewelry.com/collec…

Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do (Live in Detroit)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCWaWFm…

Thank You Mr. Churchill / Peter Frampton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUNMmX5w…
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    So you support the absolute right of the private sector to do as it pleases. Other than forbid using it to procure prostitution... some of you are really something.

And girls pretending it's so hard to meet up is just a part of their hustle
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Girls need to use discretion when setting up OTC.

But girls and guys hooking up is not the same as the entire private sector. It is the epitome of small scale, too small of a scale to try and regulate.

SJG

Frampton
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVCWaWFm…
  • magicrat
    3 years ago
    As the correct answer to every question...it depends. I've had dances be super secretive about giving out numbers and others just grab my phone and text themselves so I would have their number. Depends on the club, management, and dancers I would guess.

I had a favorite who I had met a few times OTC and we had set a "date" for when she got off work one day. Always in the past we had left together but this day she asked me if I would leave before her and meet her at a parking lot down the street. She had another regular who was also there, and (she said) had been trying to meet her OTC forever and she just didn't feel like doing otc with him. She said it would break his heart if he saw us leaving together.

My only other regular otc dancer would just text me "when, where, and what room number?" after the first time. Both of the previous two took some some, convincing, and comfort level but the persistent 'Rat wore them down. It's been a long time since I've done OTC the day/night I've met a dancer.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Sounds like lots of fun, ITC and OTC!

SJG

Jazz Messengers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3vpiTgG…

Jennifer Fischer
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion