tuscl

How Do You Politely Tell A Dancer To Go Away?

One of the downsides to one of my favorite clubs is that there is one dancer who I used to enjoy spending time with who has fallen into disfavor with me because of her attitude.

She is an older dancer -- early 30's -- who I met when I first went into the club. She was great to talk to but gave really bad dances. She gave me some great advice when things were going bad for me once and I believe I helped her a bit when she was missing her daughter, who lived out of state. She was also struggling with the changes that time were doing to her body and she considered getting out of the profession.

Anyway, about two months ago, her personality changed. We used to talk for a little while and then go for a couple of dances (even though I didn't want them -- they were more to compensate her for her time). Lately, she would come over and ask me for dances or ask me to buy her a drink (which is a real turn off for me) and I would decline. The last couple of times, she would practically beg for dances and when I would decline, she would pester me for a reason why.

I tried to be nice and avoid giving her a reason but after she whined and whined and whined, I finally gave in and politely told her the reason. After that, I felt bad.

So. . . is there a good way to tell somebody to go away without making an enemy at your favorite club?

29 comments

• shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Yes. It is called "Fuck off"! Its your money and I will bet that the other dancers will not mind a bit. Been there...
  • parodyman-->
    17 years ago
    Jesus Christ on a mother-fuckin' skateboard! I actually agree 100% with Shadowcat. Wow.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    Well, there is a nice way but the problem is she may not want to hear it! My current fav recently moved to a new club...a club that I hadn't been to in about two years. I walked in to see my fav and sure enough, the gal that I used to spend my cash on two years ago was still their and expecting me to do a VIP room with her. I told her it was nice to see her but that I had come to see my fav, who I have known for a number of years (not a lie) and that I wasn't going to be able to do any dances with her. She finished the drink I had bought her, thanked me for being honest with her and went off to find her next victim...Things don't always go this well when you move on but I reserve the "fuck off and leave me alone" stuff for the girls who don't take my more polite hints...
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    That is a nice story Yoda. :)

I'm a little afraid to ask, but do you have any good stories from SW? :) Just teasing. If people post about them fine and if not that is fine also, imo.

There was a Lavine (sp?) from SW. She did a few posts. So, I did get a little of bit of a SW fix. ;) I'm surprised I was able to stay away from SW for so long----perhaps there are enough tid bits posted on TUSCL to help me out.

• FONDL
    17 years ago
    I once had a similar problem. I tried out a new club, liked it and became a semi-regular. Problem was that on my first visit a girl joined me and I bought a couple dances from her. I liked her OK at first but her dances were terrible, in fact she was somewhat on the heavy side and they were downright painful. So for the next couple of visits she would spot me as soon as I came in and would sit down next to me (the only seats at this club were at the bar so dancers would often sit next to you withouot asking.) I just stopped buying dances from her. She eventually left me alone. Nice enough girl but not my type. You don't have to say anything or be rude, just don't spend any money on the ones you aren't interested in.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Good advice, but I feel guilty about wasting her time. It is sort of like saying NO to a sales pitch when the person has tried to do a good job and spent time with you and the product isn't too bad. For me saying NO puts me in the wrong frame of mind especially if I could afford a little extra spending.

I have often thought the dancers should be plenty use to rejection, but some still feel it and I feel that hurt. Of course, I should be use to saying NO without feeling bad :( especially after years of strip clubbing. I had thought Shadowcat was sort of tough and then I learn he has a big heart! YIKES!!! So I guess even years of experience doesn't necessarily make a person tough as shoe leather. That is nice. :)

• evilcyn
    17 years ago
    Move too Fuck Off, I am sorry but when someone doesn't take no for an answer, you have to be rude..Its not your fault...My kids get punished when they don't except no, so as an adult not taking no, she gets punished with Fuck OFF !!!
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi evilcyn,

Wow, that is tough. I certainly would remember to take a NO from you the first time after that.

I was trained to be a pest. :) That means keep trying different angles and hope the person doesn't get pissed. And, some women like guys to be pests. Others will give you both barrels. I feel bad about provoking that reaction. Some women expect you to work and that isn't a problem if they're not getting upset for real. Anyway, I like the woman asking for dances much better. :)

One negative with fuck off strategy that has always concerned me is that I'd rather not make enemies at the club even if I dislike the dancer and she dislikes me. Much better to be on as friendly as terms possible, imo. Especially if you're going there regularly. OTOH, sometimes standing up for yourself even if done aggressively is appreciated.

• Yoda
    17 years ago
    jablake: I wish I could figure out what the heck you are talking about.What does SW have to do with anything I posted?
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    When it crosses into harassment, which is happening more and more as the economy continue to tighten, as opposed to taking a simple no and being gracious (like the smart dancers do) - you may consider asking them if they would perhaps consider OTC full service for lets say 20 bucks?

This is theoretical, I've not tried this, but the harassment has gotten so bad in recent weeks from certain dancers, I am considering it

No there are problems with this of course, because some of these dancers would not be worth the 20 bucks, however since its not real anyways it doesn't matter - but it might be a way to turn it around and wake them up, and make them realize how obnoxious they are acting
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi Yoda,

Like I said I was just teasing with you. Sorry if I caused any offense. You told a nice story and I've read your a poster at SW. Just wanted to know if you had any nice stories to share from SW.

Seems like most of the ones shared over here from SW are depressing, which I guess that is fine. I just was hoping you might have some nice stories from SW. :)

• Clubber
    17 years ago
    Sort of depends on the location. As an example...

In my normal haunt, I've known the bartender for years. She knew I had a favorite dancer and she or the dancer would call me when she was there. After the dancer left for medical reasons, the bartender told me I should spend time with another dancer. She wasn't anything I enjoyed. In any case, the bartender sort of picked the dancers for me. The rest would always leave me alone, unless I asked. When I had settled on one dancer as a favorite, all was good for a few visits, then she became a bit of a bore. I mentioned this to the bartender and was not approached again by her.

So, if you are in with a bartender, or a manager will work, it is easy to pick and choose without others bothering you.

Other than that way, shadowcat is correct.
  • jablake
    17 years ago

Excellent point clubber. I don't recall any very negative bartenders--most were very good------at least to me they were very good or I didn't have a problem with them. And, it saves face for the dancer as well as saving hassle for the customer. I tipped extra for this service when the bartender had a good eye for what I liked.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    David9s: I like your idea, at least to a degree. You pointed out that there could be some issues with that approach. With my luck, I'd ask her if she would provide OTC services for $20, and she would jump at the chance. Now what? If I were trying to get rid of her, I surely was not interested in the first place. Now, I've got her "encumbered" to perform services for me OTC. How do you get out of THAT?! If you were trying to be polite in the first place, if you don't take her up on it, you've now basically called her a whore, proved that she was, AND turned her down even for OTC extras at a paltry $20! You can't get much more insulting than that!
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Been there done that, but not the FUCK OFF part! Just not in me.

I've only had to go as far as telling a dancer sturnly, "Listen, open up your ears and mind dear!" "My answer now is NO and will always be NO when you come and ask me again, and again, and again." "So, accept it, and don't bother me anymore!"

I prefer the above line. Good luck CT!
  • ClevelandTom
    17 years ago
    I half thought that maybe I should take her up on her dance offer and then get so damn touchy-feely that she would stay away from me forever. After all, she is a "don't touch the bad boob-job" to begin with that I could only imagine how she'd react if I grabbed a little kitty.

Of course, she would probably slap me, leading to me being shown the door by management.

• chandler
    17 years ago
    This seems to be a bigger problem for guys who worry too much about being nice. Strippers see you as an easy mark and try to take advantage, playing to your tendency to feel guilty. (Or your unfounded fear of making enemies.) I think the most polite, considerate approach is to be very unambiguous about refusing her dance offer, unless you really really want her. Getting dances you don't want in order to compensate for chat time is a lose-lose proposition. Ideally, you would tell her before the chat runs too long that you're going to be looking to get dances from someone else. Strippers usually understand that, and if they don't, you shouldn't feel bad about being more blunt. Strip club visits are too short to waste time worrying about chicks who aren't even hot.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    how about carrying 2 wallets, one regular and one very thin with about 2 bucks in it - that you pull out and check when they keep harassing you.

"Gee let me see, let me look in my wallet, oh, you do 2 dollar dances per chance?"
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I was just trying to be humorous. I would never get that shitty with a dancer unless she really pissed me off. It has happened.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    jablake: No offense taken. SW is SW and TUSCL is TUSCL. I have no interest in taking threads out of context and from a site with a completely different focus and rehashing them over here. If I have nothing interesting or original to talk about here I just don't post.
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    David9999, I think that is such a great idea !! I would laugh my ass off to see that...It would work for some girls, others it would provoke more anger then a simple "would you fuck off now please"
  • SuperDude
    17 years ago
    Chandler, as usual, has it right. Why feel bad for holding on to your money to get what you want. Dancers know that they can guilt trip nice guys into buying, so they work that angle. Dont' be a broke wuss.
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    LOL@Chandler, that is such a good reasoning.. When someone doesn't want a dance from me I will ask if there is anyone that they would like, and I will gladly go get that girl for them..
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Thanks, guys. And Cyn, although I've appreciated the offer when it's given, getting her over by myself is half the fun for me.
  • jablake
    17 years ago

Slighting a person in the hood doesn't seem like an unfounded fear of making enemies! :) Over at Honeys it seemed like all the dancers had done time and it wasn't just for parking tickets or hooking or drugs. Man some of them had some nice medals from combat e.g. scars from blades or bullets. Of course, just cause they had medals and served time don't mean they ain't pacifists. Very likely just be the victim of unfortunate circumstances. I miss the girls at Honeys (bulldozed to the ground), but that club made the other ghetto type clubs look like gentlemen's clubs so I don't know exactly how to find those type women anymore. :(

Yes, I did try craigslist! :)
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    I was just thinking maybe the reason some of these rappers want BIG mommies is that it is a 2 for 1 opportunity. Sex and security. Disrespect a rapper or his BIG mommy, and she may put a world of hurt on you!

If I was in touch with the little Goofball, then I could test my theory. Have her legally acquire a high power firearm and show her how to use it and then see if her rappers of choice are charmed away from the BIG mommies.

BESIDES, the title of the thread is How Do You POLITELY Tell A Dancer to Get Away? Not, How Do You Disrespect The Bitch Sos She Gets Gone!? :)

• jablake
    17 years ago
    Correction: How Do You POLITELY Tell a Dancer to Go Away? :)
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Just tell her an excuse like "I'm waiting on another dancer." etc. etc. If she keeps coming back and doesn't get the polite message, you could tell her you need some space away from her. Perhaps another way to send a message is to tell her "I'm out of money." When she leaves and you go get a dance from another dancer, if she has a brain, she should get the message. If she doesn't have a brain, tell her to leave you alone. I remember one dancer kept pestering me for a dance, after we both argued for several minutes and got a bit upset and she still didn't leave my table, I left and went and tipped a dancer at the stage. She finally got up and left the table I had been sitting at. Never bugged me after that.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Yoda - Thank you very very much for your post. I have been wondering where all these stupid topics have come from.

David9999 - BRAVO! Great idea! I do have an extra wallet and am going to do exactly as you suggested, on my next SC visit! I'll report the results in my next review. It will have to be a new SC, as my FAV dancers KNOW exactly where I keep my money! LOL

Advice from Uncle Bones: Just explain to the dancer that you have the HIV virus! Then, exit the club, because NOONE is coming within 10 feet of you!

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion