tuscl

How long are songs in your club ?

mark94
Arizona
Thursday, December 9, 2021 3:51 PM
I recently noticed that one of my main clubs has shortened the length of songs to 2:30. I’ve always assumed a standard song was 3 minutes in most clubs. Have you ever timed the songs in your club ?

16 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I blame it on Joe Biden !
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    It's hard to time rap crap because they all sound the same and the DJs don't make the slightest break between the finish and start of a new "song".
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    Never timed them but the songs with no one stage last forever and the ones I’m in VIP seem too damn short.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Last few times I checked at Desires and RI Dolls they were between 3/15 and 3/50.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    I've never tried to time the songs in strip clubs. One thing that confuses new strippers in some of my local clubs is the transition music the dj plays when one girl leaves the stage and another replaces her. The dj plays just a piece of a song while that exchange is taking place but some of the new girls I've taken back to the lap dance area launch into their lap dance on that and then become confused when it is abruptly cut off and a full song starts.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Phone has a timer and I am curious about things. Desires is good about no transitional music and having sets start on time is the rule at Rhode Island Dolls, because dancers have to sit by the stage 1 song before their set so they can walk right up as the new song starts.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Between 3 to 5 minutes. I'm also seeing girls doing sets of 3 songs instead of 2.
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    I've timed songs once in a club, and that was when Papi Chulo had mentioned how he noticed that his local clubs had been shortening songs. Sure enough when I timed ten songs, I found that the shortest one was 2 minutes 30 seconds, the longest was 3 minutes 30 seconds. So it varied but the average seemed to fall at just under 3 minutes per song. This makes me appreciate a couple clubs in the Philly/NJ area. At Playhouse lounge in NJ, every dance is exactly 4 minutes timed by an operator who's only job is to watch the clock and announce song counts for each dancer. At Oasis in Philly each dance is also 4 minutes, timed by a little digital clock you can keep track of. I wish more clubs operated like this, versus by song.
  • azdd
    3 years ago
    One of my Tucson dayshift regular dancers says that songs get progressively shorter throughout the day. I’ve always rated the quality of a dance by when I start wondering if the song is going to end soon. Great dances, I never think about it and the end comes too soon. Crappy dances, maybe 2 minutes in I’m ready for it to be over!
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    The songs in my local clubs seemed to be played in full, which can make for some very long lappers! I noticed that at the DD in Clearwater, they cut them shorter if someone buys a one sang dance, only 2:30 or 3 minutes tops. I wonder if that's encouragement to buy a timed room.
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    A 5 song VIP ends up about 15 minutes, give or take.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I never time them, but I also never plan for anymore than 3 minutes
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I started clubbing semi-regularly in 2000 while living in Dallas – in the ~10 years I lived/SCed in Dallas not once did it cross my mind to time-songs. I moved back home to Miami end of ’09 but didn’t start clubbing again till early 2012 when I joined TUSCL – this is when I started hitting the small-black dives in Miami. One night circa 2012 I was at a small black Miami dive on a nightshift visit – I’m getting dances but I’m having trouble detecting the song-breaks b/c it was rap-music and the DJ would blend the songs – I wasn’t sure if I was still in song #1 or if I was already into song #2 so I ask the dancer to which she replies “oh we’ve already done 4” – WTF! – I told her to stop; paid her – then sat there and tried to listen to the songs while not being distracted getting dances to see how long they were being played – to my dismay the DJ was cutting them like at a minute. This of course is extreme and something that IME usually only happens in black-clubs since these can often “party clubs” especially at night where getting dances is often not much of a thing and the atmosphere can be more that of a nightclub or a house-party vibe and the DJs can often treat the strip-club like it was a nightclub or hiphop club where he thinks he, and his DJing/mixing; is the main-attraction and thus his mixing and cutting of songs. Anyway after that incident where I thought I may have been at most in song #2 but had actually done 4-songs (according to the way the DJ was cutting them); after that incident is when I started consistently timing songs especially in the black-clubs; but also in the mixed-clubs more out of curiosity. When I started to time songs in mixed-clubs is when I noticed some of them were IMO too-short for the what they were charging (in certain clubs songs were consistently under 3-minutes and the songs were $25 per) – some mixed-clubs played them consistently at 3.5 minutes; and some seemed to stagger the song-lengths as if not to cut every song so custies wouldn’t notice (I assume) – i.e. I’ve timed songs in clubs where they seem to have a pattern of playing a short song like at 2.5 minutes; then the next-one slightly longer maybe 3-minutes; then the one after that what would be IMO a normal song length of 3.5 minutes; then go back and repeat the cycle of 2.5; 3, 3.5; and it seemed a consistent pattern. IMO a lot of clubs are gypping custies w.r.t. song-lengths and most custies are probably unaware.
  • marty_mcfly
    3 years ago
    My last club outing, I trialed some new indica before going in. I don't remember ... blueberry haze or some typical name for some non-premium flower that I immediately forget. It was a good high, and it made time slow way down for me. So I went back for the $100/3, and I swear that each song felt like 8-10 minutes. LOL. I was thinking ... W! T! F! ... but loving it. Anyway, from the dancer's perspective, she probably would not want that slow-time effect. But the slow-rolling stripper music and the grind made for one of my best nights. Laughing as I think about it.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Back in the day dances at the Inner Room were $6.00. Once eslow afternoon the DJ played Eric Clapton's "little wing", in its' entirety: 6 minutes, 28 seconds. Less than $1.00 per minute.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    it would be better if dances were timed with a clock instead of song count. but how to convince management to do that?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion