Hidden microphones.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I just read a comment on another site about hidden microphones in a club being a deterrent to fun. I've heard of cameras being used for that but not mics. I would think that the loud music played in most clubs would drown out anything said in a hidden microphone. At any rate I'm scratching that club off my list.

10 comments

• SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    Sometimes I love Spanish
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    i know of one strip club moment i was involved in when a microphone would had been useless.

i was standing nearby the lapper room. a girl i would sometimes take to that room was finished giving lappers and she came out. our eyes met. then she points to the lap room, makes a fist and then simulates a jerking off motion. i pointed at her and laughed my ass off.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    It would have to be a really good mic to pick up anything useful with the music in most clubs.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Now they want audio too? Strip clubs are fucked.
  • Chili Palmer
    3 years ago
    The only time I've ever heard of microphones in a strip club was at the Bare Elegance in LA in the late 90s. We were holding a Z-con there (a get together for LA Z-Bone website denizens) and John Sheridan was the manager at the time.

Turns out he was more than that. As in, he was also a hired killer, and one whom the FBI had tried have turn informant, hence the microphones in the club that we found out about after Sheridan's arrest.

I always laugh whenever one of the endless internet "tough guys" on this site make one of their "brave" stands against another poster. When someone online once came at Sheridan (whose Z-Bone nickname was "chokemaster" BTW) in our forum, he posted the following, "My real name is John Sheridan. This is my address...this is my phone number...When do you want to meet?" LOL at ever expecting one of you keyboard cowboys to ever do that.

A link to some interesting reading:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-…

CP
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    A lot of clubs in Vegas for example have staff wearing body cams.
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    Stick your butt up to da mickerphone and fartz. Den deir ears hurt too bad to listen to da Mackie!
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    This would seem to be prone to error. Unless they have an ex-CIA operative monitoring PL chatter - it’s going to be lots of useless garbled sounds.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Though possible, I wouldn't take this very seriously. Especially since it's based on a single FB comment.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    They go back and check them body cams if a dancer complains about someone or there is a problem with a customer. Same with cameras. Otherwise it all gets deleted within like 2 weeks. It's not a big deal.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion