tuscl

Which came first the customer or the dancer?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 9:39 PM
Prior to Covid I was a regular at Follies and the customers started lining up an hour before the scheduled opening time. Noon on week days 1PM Sat & Sun. Usually the door opened soon and there would already be dancers on the floor. Since Covid I have noticed at the Atlanta clubs that the dancers are coming in later. At opening time, around noon, you would be lucky if there are 1-5 dancers. An hour later the dancers would start arriving and it would take a couple of hours before there was a good supply of dancers. The dancers are not coming in by opening time because there are no customers and the customers are not coming in because there are no dancers. You can't win!

27 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I think that’s the new generation gap, when I started my working life it was expected that we’d all be at the jobsite 15-20 minutes before the whistle blew, generally sort out our tools and be ready to actually go to work at the starting time, by the time I retired last year that was generally a rarity we used to struggle to get the crews to load up and be on their way to the jobsite by starting time, Follies was probably an outlier but truthfully most of the girls in most clubs have a lot of leeway to when they need to arrive at the job. It’s prevalent all over now, and a damn shame.
  • boomer79
    3 years ago
    They are independent contractors who pay to dance there during a particular time slot. Ultimately they can decide when to show up although maybe clubs could offer incentives for dancing certain times or shifts.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ my understanding is that the majority of the clubs offer incentive based shift pricing with discounted tip outs based on showing up early. I personally am against incentivizing what should be normal behavior but this is a brave new world we live in.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    My home club has no house fee as long as one is in the door by 12:30 and there is no issues getting dancers on the floor early. Not saying one has to do that persay…but most clubs make dayshifts the less prestigious place of where to stick their “B-team” who aren’t allowed to work nights instead of doing whatever would be best to make day OR nighttime attractive to anybody.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    The most ridiculous thing I observed at one club in particular: We need strong black girl quotas of like 2 girls out of 100 because we don’t want our club to be urban and drive out our white customers! …so let’s stick these black dancers on dayshift, where the clientele are middle aged and up white guys, and not even try to do anything to incentivize these skinny white girls to try out a few dayshifts. And not allow a few more black dancers on nightshifts for these young guys who like ass
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Like shadowcat said, guys lined up waiting to be let in. While you were waiting you watched the parade of dancers coming in through the front door. When they finally let in the customers, then was a rush for the prime hi-top seating. There were only about 10-12 spots. That's why guys lined up. By that point there would be 15-20 dancers already there in the dressing room. The lights were a bit brighter and the DJ was just playing his favorite classic rock at a relatively low volume. Girls would come out of the dressing room and find a guy. The early birds were all regulars to some degree, so girls recognized them. The UHM table dances would start long before the first stage dancers went up about 30 minutes later. On more than one trip I had one or two warmup dances and was in VIP working hard at it by the time the first dancers hit the stage.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    If the customers are waiting for the club to open, it would make sense for dancers to be there on time (or even ahead of time). If a guy steps inside a club - with a wad of cash - it’s smart for a dancer to be ready to make him an offer to lighten his wallet. I believe it’s an old proverb - The early hoe gets the money…
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Follies was an outlier so one can’t draw general conclusions based on the Follies M.O. Although I’ve been mostly a dayshift SCer for the last 5+ years, at least the clubs I hit they seem to often be on the slow-side till around happy hour (4pm+). For almost all clubs, dayshift will often be the slower shift; and within dayshift it seems the post-work happy-hour crowd is larger than pre-happy-hour or lunch-time-hour – from what I’ve seen, for the avg club it doesn’t seem to be as worth it for dancers to be there early in the day b/c there usually aren’t that many custies – i.e. my experience has been that it’s the post-work time when there may be a decent crowd (assuming the club has a worthwhile dayshift to begin with). So w.r.t. the chicken/egg custy/dancer thing; I think early dayshift doldrums has more to do w/ that time of day generally being slow of custies (although not saying there can't be exceptions in certain high-density-areas for example).
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Clubs I'm familiar with had girls work 2 day shifts a week so they could work weekend nights. Others had higher house fees for girls who wouldn't do any day shifts. And some just had the older black and pregnant girls on day shift. I'm not seeing a return to day shift for a lot of clubs coz it isn't as lucrative for them. But one club banks off the construction and road work gardener etc guys who work til the afternoon and get paid in cash. I donno. I miss happy hours and lunch specials at clubs. Or events when certain sports teams played. I hate the push towards hookah and bottle service and no lap dances.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Ok we come in whenever because a lot of times it is a waste of my fucking time to be somewhere with like 10 to 30 other girls ( I mainly work smaller clubs usually) and there are only like 4 or 5 customers at most for at least the 1st hour or 2 f that. And a lot of these clubs never even get busy outside of events or outside of late night weekends. Then a lot of clubs that do get foot traffic outside of weekend nights or events seem to be higher mileage clubs where the standard lapdance is pretty damn naughty. Or the busier clubs are huge with social media and want you to have your stripper shit aired out on social media and for everyone to know you strip. Fuck that. So anyway I say these clubs are lucky if I show up at all any time or any day. Especially considering how shitty most clubs are post covid and how easy it is to make online or just go get a regular job for above avg wages and slave away or if a girl with no real qualifications wants to go legit. Or if someone has connects just go into some legit business function or legit sales job that isn't total bullshit. @ the black girl comment. Yeah these clubs are fucking weird when it comes to black girls. I have also seen where clubs have no quota for black girls but strictly want mixed race black girls or if they are really dark then they gotta compensate by acting like a white American bimbo like Paris Hilton or some shit and dance to rock or Lady Gaga type shit. I have also seen where so called wannabe classy clubs will hire the most ratchet and ghetto black bitches. These clubs are just being run into the ground by bad owners/mgrs/staff/ greed/ exploitation. I don't really give a fuck for clubs anymore. There is no long term hope for them especially with this post covid fuckery all over the map.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    The clubs I go to were pretty mixed pre-covid. Some were busy earlier, some took a while to get rolling. There is definitely a shift towards starting later. It's more pronounced in the clubs that had traditionally had slower starts, but even in the others its not the same. A lot of clubs are opening later. 11:30 or noon as become 3-5. In some cases I think they've gone from 3 shifts to two. I really don't know if it's a chicken or egg first situation. I've gotten sick of going in to clubs early to find a sausage fest, so I've been going in later. I guess I'm part of the problem. But, I can tell you for sure if/when I start coming in and its already busy I'll start coming in a bit earlier. For me, the strippers come first. I'm not gonna go in and wait around for them hoping to change behavior. I think if strip club managers had any brains, they'd push hard to get things rolling earlier. I'm not holding my breath.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @blahblahblah23 You wrote and I quote: “These clubs are just being run into the ground by bad owners/mgrs/staff/ greed/ exploitation. I don't really give a fuck for clubs anymore. There is no long term hope for them especially with this post covid fuckery all over the map.” The USA has just being run into the ground by bad owners/mgrs/staff/ greed/ exploitation. I don't really give a fuck for the USA anymore. There is no long term hope for the USA especially with this post covid fuckery all over the map. There, fixed it for you all, you are welcome.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Clubs are being run into the ground. They want huge short term profits at any cost and it's backfiring. I also think a lot of clubs are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to dancer quality.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Lots of hot slim-curvy black dancers, and bootylicious white dancers. Couple months ago, I was here, [view link] , was the only white guy in the club. Nothing but a fun, chill vibe in the club. For dancers, a club with (mostly black) guys who spend all their money in singles is pretty close to the old air dance days. My all-time best lap dances were all with black dancers. It will never cease to amaze me how few clubs can be bothered to list, on their website or facebook page, the dancers who are scheduled to work on the next shift. In some clubs, you pay like $20 for a paper wristband that gives you access to VIP for the shift. If clubs would do that instead of house fees and mandatory tip out, dancers would have less to lose by taking a chance on a shift that might be slow. But I don't know how much dancers rely on PLs who only get one or two dances, a VIP entrance fee might keep them out of the club.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Clubs are being run into the ground. They want huge short term profits at any cost and it's backfiring. I also think a lot of clubs are scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to dancer quality. ^ Lol why would anyone downvote this comment? It's 1000% true. I'm seeing the same thing in different cities and towns in multiple states. And to echo what someone else has said I've seen a lot of clubs post covid have reduced hours and or days. And a lot of clubs you can still make good money at as a dancer seem to have less foot traffic than before. I don't know, it just isn't looking too good for clubs in my opinion unless there are some drastic changes, and we will know club owners/mgmt are generally fucking mentally retarded at doing business.
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    Concerning black stripper quotas in clubs, in some big cities the majority of the girls applying for stripper jobs are black but a big potential source of club income is still white suburbanites. If the clubs hired the same percentage of black girls as applied, they would end up lacking in diversity. Different guys like different types of girls so club owners want to have some of each type of girl. The problem in many cases for white suburbanite customers isn't so much black girls in general but the more ghetto types of black girls. This is not just a problem for these customers. I've had a couple of my favorite black stripper regulars tell me they were quitting because their club was "getting too ghetto". So the more ghetto acting black girls are driving the other ones out of the clubs. In addition to driving out the less ghetto acting black girls, The more ghetto acting ores attract more of the young gangster wannabe thug types of male customer. They feel more comfortable with those types of guys and socialize with them when they come in, which encourages them to come in. These guys cause more trouble in the club so club managers don't want to hire strippers who act as a magnet drawing these guys into the club.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Well, to answer your question. The customer always cums first. The dancers are always faking it .
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Race quotas are a dumb way to handle "ghetto" dancers. Makes me think of a story I heard. Two dancers were incessantly verbally hazing a new dancer (all three white). The new dancer tried laughing it off for a long time. But she eventually started back-shit-talking, and "accidentally" sloshing her drink when she walked pass them. Eventually, the new dancer got the goat of the bigger hazer, who jumped her. The bigger hazer got fired. Both of the hazers should have been fired. They were both the "spend-show me your love and I'll be yours" type. Making the club suck for both other dancers and customers. The blatant ghetto dancers, whatever race, are not the biggest problem. They usually only last in clubs where the manager won't fire anyone who sucks his dick. To get rid of the more subtly cunty dancers, the manager can't be in there blind-umping. Has to look for things like verbal hazing. Can't just be like "shit happens" when an dancer's shit gets stolen or vandalized if she turns her back on it for a second. Personally I'm fine with it if a club gives any woman a shot. Yes fire her if she's annoying customers or other dancers. Maybe mercy fire her if she's not even making her house fee. Some clubs are just too damn small, but that's not really a problem of needing to fire the lower-earning dancers.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    "customers started lining up an hour before the scheduled opening time." That's because Atlanta had the kind of a club we should have here, but we don't. LE has been too tough, too much of a public mandate, not enough media support, so our clubs are really just clip joints. SJG
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Last time I was in San Francisco it seemed like there was a MP on every block. There are over 1300 profiles on [view link] for the Bay Area. Maybe it's just quirks of local laws and LE, that make certain types of quasi-legal sex work more available in some places than in others.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It's coz of a high Asian population and human trafficking from Asian countries
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ilbbaicnl has got it right. LE lets some kinds of thing go on. It is also because the prostitution law is always hard to enforce, and in some places just about impossible. The trafficking argument is just another anti-sex work bullshit. Most AMP girls live here, reside here. They are in charge of their own affairs. Sometimes they even want to move in with me. SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Then why don't you recruit them?
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I would if it's the customer first it ain't me. Cause I will then walk the fuck out.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I would *hope
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    Interesting question. Never been to a club within 3 hrs of opening time but I do know that the earlier a girl comes in the less her tip out has to be in some clubs. At the end of the day it's all about $$ for the most part. I knew a night shift girl who switched to days after getting a DUI and having to rely on the only ride she had which was a daytimer.
  • nickifree
    3 years ago
    Actually, the bathroom troll.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion