tuscl

OT: Damn - sad

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon and booked into jail, nearly 12 hours after a fiery crash in Las Vegas that left one person dead and his girlfriend seriously injured.

Ruggs, 22, arrived at the Clark County Detention Center in downtown Las Vegas around 2:10 p.m. and was booked on charges of DUI resulting in death and reckless driving, according to Metropolitan Police Department records. His initial court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday morning in Las Vegas Justice Court:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/raid…

23 comments

• Heellover
    3 years ago
    I just was reading about that on yahoo sports (I check out that site pretty much every day). Crazy and sad for sure.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    It's always incredibly sad whenever an innocent person gets killed by some idiot that decides they can drive drunk. If he was going to waste his talent and kill someone in the process I wish it would have been him that died instead of an innocent 23 year old woman.

If the evidence proves the allegation of drunk driving to be true I hope he gets the maximum 20 year sentence he is eligible for.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Not only was he drunk he was driving at over 150 mph leading up to the crash.

Arrest report: Henry Ruggs III was driving 156 mph before deadly crash
    http://www.local12.com/news/nation-world…
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Agree with whodey. It's sad that an innocent person lost their life. It's not at all sad that the douchebag who killed her is going to jail.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    If this is true, hope he rots. Too many athletes used to the rules not applying to them.

Fuck drunk drivers.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3254…
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I'd be a liar if I said I haven't driven a car after drinking too much. There were only a few times in my life where I was really fucked up, but lots of times where I'm sure I was "technically" over the legal limit. Either way, if I have even just two beers, you'll know who I am because I'm the guy in the right hand lane, driving like a little old lady.

What kind of fucking asshole drives 156 MPH even if stone cold sober? And this guy was at *twice* the legal alcohol limit, according to the article.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    He was going 156 mph drunk and killed someone. But vehicular manslaughter is a misdemeanor in nevada
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    Agree with everything misterorange just said. I wish they made portable breathalyzer kits so you could really know when you're approaching the legal limit. I bet I've probably been slightly past it plenty of nights, but still drove home and probably more safely than when sober since I knew I better not draw any attention to myself. There have been only two times where I knew I was in no condition to drive and let a friend drive. They were shocked, saying 'man you MUST be fucked up because you never let anyone else drive your car'.

156 miles an hour, why? Was he trying to show off to his GF who was reportedly in the car? Even if sober I'd be scared as hell driving that fast on a road with other cars around, let alone intoxicated.
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    On the morbid side, reports are varying but saying the 23-year-old victim whose car he hit, was unable to get out of the car and engulfed. I read this as: burned alive. I'm sure we'll hear more about whether that's true, but the tragedy may be even more tragic
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    TFP there are plenty of good breathalyzers you can buy fairly cheap. Some are available on Amazon for under $25 but you get what you pay for on the cheaper ones. My brother has a CDL so he can't risk any chance of a DUI so he bought a good one and has been happy with it. A friend who has a breathalyzer lock out on his ignition after a DUI bought the same one to make sure he didn't get a fine for blowing over a .03 in it. He said it has been accurate for him.

BLO PRO Alcohol Breathalyzer & Mouthpiece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08X7JP1B7/ref…

• misterorange
    3 years ago
    Here's actual footage from the crash site right after it happened. I find his girlfriend's behavior interesting, angrily screaming at people and demanding help for Ruggs and herself, while a few yards away the other young woman is literally being incinerated. "Can we get help? He's knocked unconscious!" which he's obviously NOT because he's cursing and yelling also. Then she's like, "Hey come here! Mah wrist is broke!"

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/04/henry-rug…

• Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    This is a very sad story. Through the reckless actions of Ruggs, an innocent woman was killed. It seems that she died a horrible death - of being burned alive. I hope he understands the pain he has caused, and I hope he is truly remorseful for his actions. I hope the victim’s family can deal with this awful loss as well.

I am a drunk, and I have driven drunk many times. I am ashamed and I know the risks I took. I am thankful that there is significantly more awareness of the dangers of drunk driving now, as it is no longer something to tell stories about (like it was 30 or more years ago).
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    Reminds of a similar situation involving Dante Stallworth years ago.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @crosscheck, I beg to differ.

Stallworth was doing 50 in a 40 mph zone and hit a guy that was running for a bus. His BAC was a little over the legal limit. He cooperated with police, admitted everything, chose not to fight the charges (against the advice of counsel), served 24 days in jail, and settled out of court with the family.

Ruggs was reportedly uncooperative, refused a breathalyzer, and within hours hired a "dream team" of attorneys https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ches… that specialize in defending celebrities. Not to mention the fact he was driving 156 MPH while shit-faced. This asshole is potentially facing 30 or more years in prison.

Hardly similar in my view.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    One can only hope the innocent victim was either killed or knocked unconscious in the initial impact and was not burned to death while alive and conscious.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Wow, watching that video shows the gf to be one of the worst people E.V.E.R.

Her minor celebrity boyfriend kills a woman, she is burning to death not 100' away, but the bitch wants it all to be about her. I hope they throw the book at him, and find something to charge her with, just on principle.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    @doctorevil

Sadly that appears not to be the case.

"Alexander Hart, a security guard at nearby condo complex, "heard screaming coming from the area of the Toyota so he went to render aid there," according to a report by LVMPD Detective Dwaine McCuistion. He attempted to extract the driver but was soon overcome with smoke and heat from the flames."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bre…

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    What a piece of shit
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    @orange - I wasn't saying the two situations were equal. Just that both involved a football player driving while legally drunk and killing someone. Stallworth did all he could to man up afterwards and be a better person from it. Ruggs appears to be taking a different approach. Plus driving 156 mph was criminally reckless even if he was stone cold sober.
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    Ruggs had a loaded gun in his car also. 156 miles an hour 2.5 seconds before the crash and 127 at the time of crash I believe?

2 times the legal limit also.

I was reading he is now potentially facing extra charges and 40 years maximum now. I hope that's true. I know he has the best defense lawyers money can buy and won't get anywhere near the maximum but hoping that maximum is 40 years and not 20. He needs to serve serious time for this as this is more than just a careless mistake ending in tragedy.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I'll bet he doesn't get near the amount of jail time he deserves, but it's likely to be pretty substantial. And we can take some comfort in knowing he'll be wiped out financially by the civil proceedings, never get another job in pro sports, and spend the rest of his life driving a rusted out hooptie that falls apart around 40 mph.

To an arrogant prick like him, that will be worse than the jail time.
  • bullzeye
    3 years ago
    To make the story even sadder, it seems he once had a best friend who was killed in a car accident ...:
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    He'll get a slap on the wrist.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion