tuscl

Guess the percentage, dancer over 21, has a kid what percentage do you think?

I'm going to guess the percentage is 85 percent. It's probably less but it sure does seem like I'm supporting a lot of single moms when I get a dance.

15 comments

• Clubber
    17 years ago
    Well, of those I know positively, the % is zero.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Based on the ones I have known, has to be at least 50%, but I wouldn't have a clue how much over. It seems like half the ones I know have kids and half don't.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    I would say that 85% figure is just about right... maybe a shade low. It's rare to find a dancer that does NOT have at least one kid. Thinking back on my favs over the years... no that's too hard... how about using just my ATFs as an example. I'll stick with the number of five ATFs in my "career". Keep in mind, they have all been young (25 or less). All but one of my ATFs had at least one kid. One of them actually has THREE. So, 4 out of 5 - that's 80%.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I'd guess about half. But I think it depends on how you define who is and who isn't a dancer. Seems like a lot of young girls try it for a short time and then move on to something else, or they're in and out depending on when they need some money, or they're part-timers while they go to school or work at some other job. If you exclude these temporary dancers, the percentage wwith kids probably goes way up.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    Guessing a percentage means little, knowing one might mean something. If I were to guess, I would say above 50%. That is of dancers, not those one week wonders that FONDL mentioned. Now to know for sure, you certainly can't just go by what the dancers tell you, since many have been know to fabricate stories to improve there cash intake.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Maybe in a dancer's mind, using that infamous Stripper Logic (no offense, EvilCyn, MIDancer.. and Bones [snicker]), they might think that to lie that they had kids when they didn't could improve their cash intake. I, on the other hand, think it's quite the opposite. When I hear that a dancer has a kid(s), it's almost a turn off. I do NOT want to hear that!

So, if they were logical and lying that they don't have kids, when they do, then that percentage is probably MUCH higher than 85%.

(did that make ANY sense?)
  • Professor906090
    17 years ago
    Doug, I agree with you about using a ficticious or real kid as a sympathy factor.Have you every been confronted by a gypsy that held a child and asked for money. Sometimes, the kid is "borrowed" from another gypsy. This trick has been used for centuries.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    I think for most customers it is a turn off. If they're looking for the fantasy where hot stripper turns into real life girlfriend, then supporting another man or men's kids just isn't something most men dream about, imo.

Who knows perhaps they're men out there looking to be a white knight and raise and care for someone else's children. Heck, there are customers who are into BLOBS so anything is possible.

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    I think telling someone you have kids is a bit of a turnoff as far as thinking about getting involved with a dancer away from a club. It may not help any fantasies if you had some either. I don't really know of too many guys who want to raise somebody elses kids. However if you just wanted to know if she went all the way, having kids might be a good indicator. I had one dancer I did not know tell me she had a kid and I would have never suspected. It just made it seem like most dancers past the age of 21 seem to have at least one kid.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I had no clue why a dancer I just met would be telling me that info. However the one thought that just crossed my mind was that she was just clearing the air of that little bit of info in case things progressed between me and her a whole lot more than I ever thought about especially when I just met her. She did say she wanted to molest me and seemed a lot more interested in me than most dancers. However that may not be fair to the other dancers since she was sitting with me for a while and occasionally trying to sell me on the idea of a more private setting.
  • MIDancer
    17 years ago
    I'd say about 50%-60% ACTUALLY have children.

I'd say another 10% CLAIM to have children, in the hopes of evoking the customer's sympathy.
  • driver01
    17 years ago
    With all the useless government information collected, you'd think there would be an answer to this question in the census. Adult Entertainers, unfortunately, do not get their own category...lol.

http://www.census.gov/population/www/soc…
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    50% for my guess. All I care about is that THE KID ain't mine!
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I think that, among the girls who are younger and are dancing, it could be as high as 85%, depending on the setting. Among the "professional dancers" who have been at it for a while and have a more jaded attitude, I bet the ratio is lower. Seems that the thing which drives some young girls into it, is finding out a baby might be on the way.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    Book Guy-
    Just wondering what you mean by "'professional dancers' who have been at it for a while". I assume you mean anyone over 30 or so and of all the 30+ dancers I've met, only 2 were not mothers, near as I can tell, one of them being my ATF.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion