tuscl

"Urban" strip clubs

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
They play "gansta" rap exclusively or nearly exclusively. But nothing like Public Enemy, generally only songs that the dancers can continuously twerk to. Often hard or impossible to get an actual lap dance in these clubs. Mostly black dancers and customers. Customers mostly just throw singles on the dancer when she's bent over, on all fours, or lying on her back. They may occasionally cup or spank the dancer's butt.

Does anybody on here like these clubs? Why would anyone prefer this to getting lap dances? It seems like some dancers who dislike being touched like them, since it's almost air dancing. But I'm stumped as to why a customer would enjoy this? Not judging, just would like to know.

I was at a club like this recently, and maybe 20% of the customers were women. My guess is they were mostly straight, were not getting anything sexual out of it like someone would from a lap dance.

44 comments

• motorhead
    3 years ago
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    My impression is that these clubs are far more about a social scene and less about explicit sexual contact as a service.

It's not for me, but it's obviously a popular scene for others.
  • WavvyCain
    3 years ago
    I’m black so I’m offended, you don’t see me going in a white club complaining about the music.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I'd call em "Party" clubs more than "Urban" but in general I'm not a fan. There's two nearby here, they're both busy from 12a to 4am, but dead outside of that. I know a few strippers who work at them, they aren't the no touching type. They do it because the money is good and the hours are short, and they are often busy on non-prime days. They can go on a Tuesday night and pull in a couple hundred between for a few hours. They also seem to have low fees, the clubs charge big covers and make money selling bottles not rooms.

• RolandKash
    3 years ago
    Not all "Urban" clubs are like this, but it is a growing trend. It's for people who enjoy the party scene. I personally try to avoid these types of clubs because to me it's a waste, but some people seem to enjoy it so more power to them. As for the music I'm a Hip Hop fan so that's what I like anyway.
  • Estafador
    3 years ago
    Different strokes for different folks. It's a form of social interaction. Your clearly there only for the lap dance. I remember going to a as you say "Urban" club and being danced on standing up and all I have to do is put dollar bills in her g-string. And if I was over her dances, I would just tell her thank you and move away. Sometimes it's cheaper to do that than getting a full on Dance.

I hope there's no problem with there being a bunch of black people in this club since you deemed it necessary to mention that?
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    @ WavvyCain - Interesting. In the Atlanta metro area there are 20 black clubs out of about 26 total clubs. You claim to be black but out of your 25 reviews not one of them is for a black club. Sounds like you don't like them either.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @Estafador I've only been to a few clubs like this. I simply observe that black customers seem much more likely to be into this type of club than non-black customers. So no need to go Reverend Al on me.

I guess these clubs are for people who'd go out to night clubs on the weekend anyway, strip club or not. Stupid butt tricks for $1 are just an added amenity.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Only a total fucking douche bag would play the race card. When people cry racism; ignore the dumb fucktards or they might cry white privilege -- which is racist as hell.
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    We spent at least 4 years trying to understanding making it rain and twerking, so this is not likely the best place to find people into urban clubs :) Although Papi likes them, no?
  • Tiburon
    3 years ago
    @subraman I think, like his political views, his preferences has changed greatly. Best to wait and see when he gets here.
  • Estafador
    3 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl I try to pose the question as non-aggresive as possible so to be fair to you and everyone here. If anyone gets immediately triggered, then they have a personal problem they need to figure out for themselves
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I try to pose my ignorant question non-aggressively because I am not a man and I cannot be straightforward. Comment fixed. Progressive = fag.
  • WavvyCain
    3 years ago
    @shadowcat lol I stopped going to the black strip club when I saw there were hardly any extras, follies ruined me 😂. Also I got tired of the make it rain stuff all the time, my ex even worked there. Last time I went to a black club was magic city in 2015. I moved away to NY and came back here 2018 and it was follies, tattletales, oasis, and fannies, for me.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @Estafador It's simply a fact that AA consumer preferences are statistically different than non-AA consumer preferences. I'm trying to understand the appeal of these clubs, so their apparent stronger appeal to AA customers is relevant to note. So just seems like snark to be asking if I have a problem with AA customers in strip clubs. I give props that nobody has ever gotten torqued about me being in a club that has mostly AA customers, even though AA customers are often treated shabbily (or worse) in clubs with mostly non-AA customers. But you can continued to accuse me of being triggered, I won't be triggered by that either.
  • Smoothbrother
    3 years ago
    That's the club u go too. Black clubs are different from each other so trying to act like the one club u went to describe them is dumb. I almost exclusively go to black clubs and depending on which one u go to it can be a very different experience.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @Snarkbrother I haven't used the term "black club" once. https://scholarship.tricolib.brynmawr.ed….
  • Estafador
    3 years ago
    1) I wasn't even referring to you @ilbbaicnl. So wtf are you talking about being triggered. The one that I was referring to knows who he is. Now I gotta give you the side eye my guy👀
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    My take is along the lines of what @Ishmael mentioned; often times it’s more of a social-thing vs a “get your freak-on thing” – full-disclosure I’m not black so I can’t speak as to why certain black-custies club the way they do; but I often think/assume that hiphop likely has a pretty-big-influence in terms of what one sees at certain urban-clubs which are often treated as bottle-popping nightclubs, and the make-it-rain-thing; i.e. kinda imitating what they have often seen on rap-videos for most of their lives to where it has become part of the young-urban-culture (my assumption).

As others have said, not all black-clubs are the same – certain high-mileage clubs will not be like this and one doesn’t see as many female-custies, or any – IME it’s often the nicer black clubs that may not necessarily have UHM-dancing where one sees more of a party-crowd and more female custies.

For most of my PL-career I’ve mostly hit all-black-clubs but over the last 5 years or so I’ve mostly stuck to dayshift in large-part to avoid the party-scene at night since that is not what I’m there for – different cities may have different M.O.s but along the lines of what @Ishmael mentioned it’s often a social thing - IME sometimes even on dayshift, mainly post-work happy-hour, when some of these clubs get a pretty-good-crowd but the custies are often more interested in the music and drinking and smoking than getting dances – as others have mentioned, not every black-club is like this and different areas may have different M.O.s but it’s def a thing IMO not just universal w.r.t. black-clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Certain black-clubs, particularly at night, will def have a different feel to the avg non-urban club; and it'll likely won't appeal to the avg/conventional strip-club-enthusiast
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    A lot of clubs are reopening as urban clubs coz it's more money for the club. Ie focus on bottle service section reservations etc.

It's a different type of hustle for the girls. Ie sharing money high house fees when there are guest hosts.

The clubs usually have good music and are fun as long as they're not price gouging you.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... The clubs usually have good music and are fun as long as they're not price gouging you ..."

Some of these party urban clubs do gouge you though like charging $40 to park your own car (not even valet) - huge cover-charges - high seating costs to get a table (e.g. only get a table if you buy a bottle); etc - and then if you are a "conventional SCer" that likes getting dances you gotta compete w/ the custies throwing 100 $1s in the air at-a-time not expecting anything in return.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Out here 8ts like $60 to $100 cover charges and in most you can't sit down without a bottle. Starting at like $500.
  • Tiburon
    3 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo WHAT? Whatever those clubs are that only let you sit down for bottle service, write a list so I can know where to stay away from. That's insanity. What if I'm a backroom spender? It ain't good enough? Sheesh. That's just s RIP off club. Never been to an urban club that ridiculous.
  • Tiburon
    3 years ago
    @skibum Hate to dive into political vs but I don't really think you know what the definition of progressive means sir.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    ^ Feel free to believe as you wish, but living in eastern Massachusetts I am well aware of exactly what american progressives are all about and the idea that it remotely resembles the dictionary definition of the word is all part of the scam that progressives try to sell. Progressives are as american as kimchee, just tougher to digest.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Kimchee is a super food
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    The correct spelling is Kimchi. I like it in fried rice.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I love chicken sautéed with garlic and kimchi. Or kimchi pork stew. I even like plain rice with kimchi. It's really healthy and one of the best hangover foods
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    I would’ve thought there wasn’t a correct spelling of kimchee as it’s not an English word coming from the English alphabet, but surprisingly, there’s a dispute and according to the LA Times (where there is a huge Korean population) the South Koreans says it’s ‘kimchee’ and it’s important to them.

From the article:

“South Koreans insist it be spelled kimchee, instead of kimchi or kimuchi, which many consider to be Japanese variants of the Korean name.

The difference may be insignificant to foreigners, but not to Koreans, many of whom still remember the harsh Japanese colonial rule of 1910-45.”

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-…
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    According to google translate Kimchi is 김치
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    It is well documented that on the night shift in Black Clubs, they become just like regular night clubs, guys throwing money onto the stage, but otherwise no interest in the girls.

Brass Rail in Sunnyvale was almost like that, all alcohol powered

SJG

https://curvynbeautiful.com/collections/…
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    One of my biggest pet-peeves w.r.t. black-clubs are many of the DJs that also treat the strip-club like a social/nightclub/hiphop club – not uncommon for them to be constantly talking on the mic over-the-music (at times even continuously stopping the music so they can do their one-man-monologue or stand-up-routine) – a lot of them think they are the main-attraction of the club and why people come as if the club would go under w/o them – so they DJ as if they were in a nightclub or hiphop-club and often cut songs short and mix them together to where you can often get very-short-songs (even cut at 1-minute) and/or they are mixed-together to where you can’t tell the song-breaks – IME this is often more of an issue in the more party-oriented clubs and often more of an issue on nightshift where it can often be more of a party club (but have def experienced it on dayshift also) – and the worst are the “special guest DJs” – holy fuck talk about your $$$ getting-fucked trying to get dances and dealing w/ his “expert song cutting and mixing”.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I've always used kimchi and it's what Korean restaurants almost always use. I love Korean food though.

Urban clubs are about the girls but it's just a more party atmosphere. You party with them kinda
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    This is VERY much a generalization but…

IME dudes under maybe 35 years old or so are just not as obsessed with having their nerve endings physically stimulated. Pushing higher mileage won’t open the wallet further in the same way it would for other groups. It’s just a different viewpoint of what is considered a “good time”
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    “dudes under maybe 35 years old or so are just not as obsessed with having their nerve endings physically stimulated”

It’s because testosterone levels have been declining about 1% per year since the 1980’s

• Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ and the indoctrination in colleges that having a dick makes you an oppressor
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    IMO, outing clubs with song cutting DJ's are about on same level of usefulness as outing ROB's.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Urban clubs are fun. Its like a regular club but with much better eye candy.

Girls I know prefer working regular clubs though. Coz in urban clubs you may have to share money with up to 4 other girls. Lots of cattiness and theft accusations. And your earnings completely depend on the sections you're in. Plus you only make a lot on nights with rappers hosting and one off events.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Snd they don't play gangsta rap. It's that annoying drill shit. Real west coast gangsta rap needs to take its place lulz.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    I accept that dancers and clubs are going to play the music they want.

I have nothing against rap music. I have not read this anywhere, but to me the chromatic content seems to be derived from Ornette Coleman, and the verbal content seems to be derived from Charles Mingus.

SJG

More about declining sexual capability and ED
    https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=3239…

Texas Abortion Ban
    https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=7706…

TJ Street
    https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=8866
    https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=8868
    https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=3560

https://www.foxylingerie.com/products/pl…

https://www.foxylingerie.com/products/le…

https://www.wickedtemptations.com/gold-b…
  • NJBalla
    3 years ago
    Every club has its own kind of customer I guess.Going to a club like that feels like window shopping
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    @NJ I ended up having a pretty good time. Somehow these clubs are able to get a very high dancer to customer ratio. I'd catch a dancer's eye and wave a $20 in my hand. Most were in a committed relationship with George, but a good number were good with getting some Andy on the side. And most did dance about 20 times as long as they would for a single.

It's interesting how people are unnerved by anything that's different. In these clubs, it's mostly about the grind, with the customer occasionally spanking or butt squeezing. But I only like caressing/massaging. My twenties now seem like they went by in the blink of an eye. When I touch the boobs of a twentysomething, I can't help but treat them as very delicate, like the petals of a flower in it's short time of perfect bloom. But the dancers in these clubs are typically not use to even my tame sort of 2-way contact, and many seemed a little creeped out by it.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    I thought the Urban club was in Ohio.....
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion