tuscl

The “Newbie” stripper

Friday, September 17, 2021 12:40 AM
What do you think is the biggest challenge for newbie strippers?

47 comments

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    From a customer's perspective, baby strippers have a hard time reading the room. Many are either afraid to approach and stay buried in their phone, or hard sell and can't tell when the guy is tired of her. Related, some take advice from the wrong colleague, and fall into one of the above traps.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Separating what is fact and what is fiction. From the club staff, other dancers, and customers.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Getting comfortable dancing with old fat guys. Those are the real ballers that spend the real cash. The naturally tendency is to gravitate to and spend time with the guys their own age. It’s understandable, that’s who they are comfortable with. One has to have the mindset of this is a job - not a big party or a place to find a boyfriend. I guess unless that’s what you want
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    1. Focus! When you go on stage, ignore any TV screens or mirrors. Customers seeing you do this will assume that you are disinterested or have an attitude. Neither of these is good for a dancer. 2. Use your on stage time effectively. During the first song, make eye contact with everyone you can see, especially those PLs who are sitting alone. See who watches you back and give them their own show. I'm not saying ignore the rest of the customers, but give those guys a little bit more and a big smile. 3. If your club does a tip walk, use it to interact with your target and ask him if he'd like company. Also, don't forget to say thank-yous for every tip. 4. Assuming he wants company, talk for a few minutes before asking if he wants to do a dance. You are there to make money and you can't afford to sit with a rock (see glossary) so you may have to ask, if he doesn't ask first. 5. Don't ever say, "I'm new, so this probably won't be that good...". Yes, those exact words were said to me by a baby stripper. Never, ever say that, because most PLs will start looking for flaws. BTW, that baby stripper's dance was easily in the top 30% I had ever received, and they rapidly improved, which brings me to 6. Be coachable. Don't be afraid to ask what moves the guy likes, and be sensitive to his reactions. 7. Thirty seconds before the dance ends, bury his face between your breasts and ask him if he wants to do another. Your odds of him saying yes will rise to at least 50%! 8. Be confident, and count dances honestly. Good luck!
  • TheEckster
    3 years ago
    What do you think? Getting naked
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I just wouldn’t lose your personality and become a total bitch. Hang in there with rejection. Your not everyone’s type but just try have fun with it and don’t take things too seriously.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Also wanted to point out, oftentimes when men like giving advice to strippers and there is no shortage of that. Most of it has to do with their own personal feelings instead of some objective view. (Which to be fair, harder to take things in like that when in a dark room, with loud music, and alcohol). Possibly because it’s less socially acceptable for men to express their personal feelings, they like to frame what their preferences as “this is how it is” So when listening to what males say, do listen to them. Oftentimes their personal feelings correlate with the personal feelings of other men, but it doesn’t always and just keep note of that.
  • Chelsea123456
    3 years ago
    This is very helpful thanks so much for everyone’s comments
  • WiseToo
    3 years ago
    Here's another comment, Chelsea 123456. The biggest challenge for a "newbie" is to specialize and try to be with those customers who make you feel the most comfortable. This will make it easier to talk and help build confidence. After you gain some experience, you can branch out and approach the remaining customers or PLs as the case may be.
  • tempest666
    3 years ago
    Thinking this is easy work.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Don't lose a sense of who you are. Everything is toxic from staff to other girls to customers. Realize you're there for yourself to make your money. Don't compare yourself to anyone . The only real money is the money you're holding. The key to the hustle is making the most money doing the least work possible. Men will pay just fine your niche. More specific advice would depend on your area and the type of club.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Besides the above mentioned great points... I think newbies struggle w/ body issues and maybe deciding what look to go for. The only thing I would say is for girls to just do what their body does naturally, but do it well. If a girl is naturally a scrawny bitch, then be a hot toned scrawny bitch that old white guys and power tripping POS who wanna feel big and powerful and in control fawn over. If a girl is naturally thick then be a hot toned thick bitch to get dipshit ghetto fucks and country boys to throw money and buy dances. And the in between chicks should do the in between thing well etc. All types can make good money, but obviously it helps to be an extremely hot thick/skinny/slim thick girl. Also I see a lot of newbies struggle with enforcing any sort of limits at all and just taking way too much dumb bullshit from customers. Then they go on and complain about some customer fingered them during dances. Ok one time is legit the girl is naive and let her guard down. If this keeps happening though man idk I've got nothing nice to say. I get that customers like to be predatory with new girls (and to a lesser extent with vets), but it is painful to see chicks putting up with shit months or years into the game... Imo girls gotta learn to shut bullshit down as newbies instead of letting it go on? sorry this is a ramble, but I see it constantly at every single club in various ways.
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    I have asked this question to a couple of dancers. Both said hardest part was the mental side - not getting discouraged or taking it personal when a guy doesn’t want a dance and the vulnerable feeling of being on that stage the first few times. One of them has a smoking hot body but she was very self conscious about being up there by herself. They both said the VIP dances were easier than the stage because it was one on one.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I wouldn’t know what the biggest challenge to a newbie stripper might be I’m a customer, as such any advice from me would only apply to me, so here goes first and foremost keep in mind it’s a sales job so don’t get discouraged if I’m not interested remember there are 64 crayon colors and each of us has a different color preference so remember a friendly disposition works well for everyone and on Monday I might want steak but come Tuesday maybe I’m in the mood for chicken or pizza or you My two bucks.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    1. Forget what you think you know about men. The normal social constraints that restrain men IRL from doing xyz to a girl are far looser in a strip club. Stuff that would qualify as sexual assault in any other time and place or commonplace in strip clubs, especially during private dances. Don't allow more than you're comfortable with and don't be afraid to enforce you boundaries - the extra money is not worth the psychological trauma. 2. Remember that nobody in that club is your friend. While being friendly is always a good approach, a lot of the people working in that club will take advantage of you if you let them into your trust circle. That most definitely includes the male staff, who are always on the hunt for new dancers to fuck before the girls know better. 3. Don't let guys manipulate you. They will try, especially as a new girl. It could be anything from customers trying to convince you that other girls do xyz with them to male staff offering to help you figure things out. This also includes whiny types trying to run a guilt trip on you. 4. Don't talk about your money with anyone, whether it's a dancer or a customer. There are too many ways that savvy club dancers and hounds can use that information to try to pressure or manipulate you. 5. Your best source of advice regarding how to do your job is not customers (including us knuckleheads on this board), club staff or anyone else who is not in high heels getting on stage and selling dances. It is the girls who make money. If you want to learn how to do the job, observe how the best earners do it. Watch everything they do, including how they look, carry themselves, perform on stage and perhaps most importantly, interact with customers on the floor and in the back.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    What nicespice said. There are lots of shitheads in strip clubs. Well, in the world in general, but you have to deal with them more as a stripper. Some customers will be shitheads because you won't do certain things, or it's not worth it to you to do what they want for the (small) amount they are willing to pay, or they don't want you to ask them if they want a dance, or they think only women who are the type they prefer should be strippers. Some other dancers will be shitheads to you because they don't like competition. Some of the staff may be shitheads, because most people don't want to deal with being judged because they work at a strip club, so the applicant poll is limited. Just remember that shitheads will be shitheads no matter what you do, so just try to avoid them as much as possible. A decent club will remove the most extreme customer/dancer/staff shitheads, but I don't know of any that has totally eliminated the shithead problem. Consider EVERY new customer as a prospect, approach every one whose hygiene you can tolerate (your standards for this are probably going to drop), and who doesn't have a vibe to you of being more of a shithead than you can tolerate, as long as they are not with another dancer. Introduce yourself if the customer makes eye contact, or hasn't gotten a dance in a half hour or so. If a dancer sits with a customer, ask around if the customer tips her for company. If not, she's squatting on him. He may see you as his savior if you ask a quick wanna dance even though she's sitting there. She will likely step into you about it. But people will step into you for one reason or another as a dancer, best to learn to not be intimidated by it, and to not get goaded into going off on them. There's the obvious stuff, that will bother different people to different degrees. Being on stage, especially since naked, being pawed by strangers, being stereotyped. To make good money you'll have to playact some, it's tricky to know how far you should go with it, no one answer for everyone.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    “has a smoking hot body but she was very self conscious about being up there by herself” “They both said the VIP dances were easier than the stage because it was one on one.” Describes my old ATF. she was the hottest dancer in the club and not a newbie by any means but she was very shy about going up on stage. We would do rooms to avoid her stage rotation. She didn’t seem shy but she absolutely hated being on stage
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    Resisting the urge to bounce like a pogo stick during dances. I hate that shit, prefer the sensual grind. I'm Gen X age group, perhaps younger guys like the bouncing but I can't perceive why.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    I'd let Rosa Acosta bounce like a pogo stick on my head if she'd let me fondle her bum just once.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Actual incident that happened. I hope the OP reads this if she’s getting into the business to make serious cash - and I assume that’s why most do I was doing a room with a favorite (not the afore mentioned ATF). It was amateur night and the winner went into the adjacent room with an assistant manager (he was just giving her a tour) because she wanted to start working there. Through the thin walls we both heard her loudly say “I am going to dance with who I want. I’m not dancing with any old guys”. My girl promptly left the room and confronted the newbie. She said yeah it’s your choice to choose who you want to dance with but you’re not going to make any money just dancing for young cute guys. This was a no extras club so we are really just talking about dances.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    shit. is not good being an old fart. (unless you are somebody or flashing dentro…
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    señero…
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    fuck seri. dinero.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    how many times do i finally need to edit before i take a chnce to post?? and there is still subject to Siri and waterville else…
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    (previous post might show the shit my ignorant ass has to deal with…)
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    There are two sides to the strip-club coin - the custy side - and the dancer side - IMO each side often sees things differently and each side has valuable insights to contribute since “it takes two to tango”; i.e. a dancer and a custy both need each other for each side to get what they want/need so it's beneficial to understand things from both sides and get input from both sides. As @twentyfive mentioned – it’s a sales job – whether one sales cars or one sales dances; as in any sales job one will often get a lot more no’s than yes’s – as @twentyfive mentioned, one thing one learns from being on TUSCL for a while is how different men’s taste are w.r.t. women – a particular dancer may clean-out a particular custy’s wallet while another dancer which many may even consider more attractive the particular custy may not give the time of day to. There are some girls hot enough that $$$ gets thrown at them in the club and they may not have to work very hard for it – but strip-clubbing is expensive and the avg custy will often be picky w.r.t. how he spends his $$$ - as at @temptest666 posted “Thinking this is easy work.”; i.e. some newbie strippers think that all they have to do is show-up and just give guys a little attention and those guys are so desperate they will just give them all their $$$ - as I mentioned, strip-clubs are expensive and most guys are not gonna spend their $$$ on any girl that just smiles at them and says hi; as a dancer you will be competing sometimes against 40 or 50 other girls depending on the club. “… Forget what you think you know about men. …” ^ in a sense – i.e. strip-clubs are bizarro-world (often opposite of the real-world and w/ different “unwritten rules” in comparison to the real world) – unlike the “real world”; in strip-club bizarro-world the roles are kinda changed – often times it is the woman (dancer) that is the one that has to convince the custy to “pick her” and win the man (custy) over – it’s the nature of the beast - a lot of the girls that bank are proactive about seeking customers in the club; i.e. they "hit on the guy" vs wait for the guy (custy) to make the first-move as it would more commonly-be in the "real world". Lastly – make sure a stripper is something you do; and not something you become – i.e. I’ve seen plenty of fresh-faced-girls that one-year-in they become heavy drinkers; or heavy-smokers, and sometimes get into heavy drug use and kinda become a different person – it’s easy to say “nah no way, that is not me” – I’m sure no-girl goes in thinking they will become a different person just like the person that tries heroin says to themselves “nah no way I’d become a junky” – by no means am I saying this happens to most girls, just that it does and best to be aware of it vs being oblivious to it and thinking it would never happen to you.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    In the "real world" a guy staring at you may be uncomfortable and "creepy" - in strip-club bizarro-world that often means a guy that is interested which often means a sale/$$$ - a guy staring at you on stage, or on the floor, is usually a guy you should make eye-contact with and smile and approach b/c good-chance you are his type to spend his $$$ on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The avg custy is just there to have a good-time - but strip-clubs def attract their fair-share of weirdos whether it's a lonely-guy that falls-in-love w/ you and thinks/hopes you feel the same way; or some half-unbalanced mofo that gets off on abusing women; to slick pimps that are offering their "managerial skills" - not that you have to see every custy as a potential threat; just be aware that even if small, it's a part of the business. Many girls try to keep their "stripper life/persona" and "real life" as separate as possible - along these lines it may not be a good-idea to be posting face-pics on TUSCL - we all like them but I believe some girls have had some issues w/ some aholes that see them on TUSCL and then try to harass them either on TUSCL (via PMs) or at the club.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    i’ve only fallen in love once. maybe that should be twice.. OK. maybe 364 times…
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    might that be 3640 times?
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Not gonna lie, I've had to scramble my brain to think of anything else to add. The same approach doesn't work on every guy. Don't go up to old white guys the same way you would go up to a bachelor party etc. In general with party people (my favorite type of crowd personally) the more bat shit insane or funny you are the better. And they love mean evil bitches and shit talkers. Think of the way blue collar mofos talk shit or locker room type talking shit. Learn how to talk shit exactly the same way. That shit makes me money. With sensitive souls be a sensitive soul too and connect that way. If some dude is basically paying you to keep talking then keep talking. If some dude loves your ass or tits or both then focus on that. If some dude loves eye contact and pays for that then do that. Mirroring works. Oh yeah and this is personal and I get a lot of girls maybe aren't comfortable with, but anyways... I do not have a problem talking dirty during dances or private rooms. It doesn't mean shit. I've had one guy I collected like $700 from one night doing a bunch of dances and also from him tipping to talk. All we talked about is how much he wants to eat my asshole and how much he wants me to suck his dick. And then I will talk about I am thinking about it or just talk graphically about sex stuff. And this is some dude who kept his hands to himself. What else? Talk shit with a smile. Be a bitch with a smile, or no smile. MOtherfuckers love to be put in their place and put in check. They love to pay for that. Dudes that won't pay for that are not my customer anyway and I still make enough without their dumb asses, idgaf. Oh yeah and eyefuck these guys plus mindfuck them. Being charming and funny while still being a complete evil cunt ass murdery temperamental bitch works. I highly recommend. Idk I personally never had issues with all the above, but I notice a lot of girls just simply don't fucking get it at all so I thought I would throw that in here. What did I personally struggle with initially? Ok how you come off matters a lot. It is fucking dumb that at a strip club men will judge you for not covering your ass, but I've finally seen the light at some point. I used to have everyone and their daddy and grandpa going after my ass when I used to walk around with my ass hanging out. I haven't been having issues since I've started covering my ass with a skirt or similar. LOL WHat else? Act like whatever amount of money ain't shit and don't act like it is much money. The second you do then motherfuckers want you to wOrK 4 iT. Bitch please. But also like don't disrespect mofos that work hard for their money so maybe be like "well I know u wORkey hard 4 yo munniez so now I am here 2 show u a gud time okey let's go" What else? Don't take shit personally. I have mofos paying me that straight up tell me they prefer black or latin bitches. I'm like dat's cool I think they r hot 2 bro. I am also 100 million percent sure I've had old white American men reject me once they caught the slightest whiff of Russian which I try pretty hard to hide tbh. And then u got idiots trying to straight up neg you trying to bring you down and cheapen you. FUck em faggot ass bitches. Ok I think that is all for now, carry on comrades.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    My advice is very simple. What happens inside a strip club is a very different world than what happens in the outside world. Also, alcohol might help to lessen inhibitions - but don’t let it become a habit. The same rule goes for drugs.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    After reading Blah’s comments - and a recent discussion about a stripper mouthing the words to a rap song - one other bit of advice might help. If you do dance sets at your club - possibly have a few genres of music available. If you are dancing during an afternoon shift - and the crowd is older gentlemen - use a classic rock set. Evenings with a bunch of party frat guys - maybe rap will work.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Don't be attainable. You're selling a fantasy so keep it a fantasy. Leading guys on then pulling away will get you a bigger bag than hoeing if you sell them their fantasy. Don't pander to men if they see they can push your boundaries they'll keep pushing. You have to be in control of the situation. Stand out from other girls in the club. You're your own best investment.
  • Bharlem
    3 years ago
    Go up to every one in the room. Even if it’s just a hi Don’t accept a drink only from a customer. If he is only offering drink ask for a tip instead. He may be hesitant but he’ll understand your here to work. Drink to celebrate not to get through your shift. Do not be concerned with other dancers opinions of you, their money or their customers. Mind your business ASK! If you don’t ask you’ll miss an opportunity. Another dance wouldn’t hesitate. Take care of your body and health. On stage single a customer out, make eye contact, dance just for him. Be naughty n playful. Other customers will see this and want that attention. Be the first dancer on the floor. Managers like that. You make early money and you’ll be warmed up for peek hours. Stay away from men your attracted to. They smell giddy school girl. Men will speak their mind. Have a tough skin. As long as he doesn’t put hands on you. Use dove body spray deodorant NOT perfume. Never argue with a customer. I walk away in mid sentence. I won’t let a customer ruin my shift. No one’s your friend. Management. Dancers. Bouncers or customers. Your priority is to always make it home safe. Not win an argument or make a friend. Be humble!
  • alldaylong
    3 years ago
    Easy. Figuring out the time wasters, just bc a custie is engaging or talking w you doesn't mean he's gonna spend on you.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned in this discussion - so I will say it. Glitter is not good! Glitter is very bad! If you are thinking about spraying yourself with glitter - reread the line above.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    At the particular club where you dance, the big money is in VIP. Many girls are doing extras. Be comfortable with what you are willing to do and stick to it. Then, be honest if asked how far you go. You don't want to get a reputation for being a Ripoff Bitch. There will be customers happy to stay within your limits. You just have to find them. You are going to have to learn to read the guys in search of the big spender. I personally dislike a girl asking about VIP before she asks about dances. I would start by asking for a dance after a few minutes. If you get a dance, read the guy. You can probably tell if he is interested in more than dances. If he doesn't seem interested in getting dances, there is no harm in asking about VIP. You are not getting money from him as it is and someone might surprise you. There are lots of regulars there. If you find a guy that clicks with you and you are making money from him, remember him. Chances are that he will return. Make him "your" regular.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    “warmed up for peek hours” That’s my favorite time. (Sorry, too easy)
  • OldWhiteGuy
    3 years ago
    Here is some advice for the newbie: 1. Be on time and ready to go. 2. Don't hang around the dressing room gossiping and bitching about how little you're making. Get your ass out there on the floor. 3. Circulate through the club, with a smile. Be aware of the guy smiling back at you. 4. Approach smiley and say hello. If he offers a drink, sit down, dazzle him with your charms and decide during that first drink if this is going anywhere. Because 5. By the time the first drink is done, you should know if the guy is going to do a dance, spend some money or if he just wants to feed you drinks and stare at your tits. 6. Cultivate "regulars". Figure out with whom you are comfortable, who you trust, who you enjoy and work to develop that relationship. 7. Men come here to escape from the real world. Keep it fun. Project the fantasy. 8. Don't get drunk at a stripclub. It makes you an easy target. 9. You are in charge! You set the limits. You set the boundaries. 10 Have an exit strategy. Save! Invest! Educate yourself! I know it's hard to believe now, but you will not be young and beautiful and desirable forever. Plan a way out!
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    That guy who turned down the last three girls might have done so because he's waiting for you.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Don't fall in the trap of preferring free drinks over making money. We all see that way too often. A dancer just sits and has a few free drinks with a guy who talks to her for two hours then leaves.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Adding to my previous comment, there are dancers who just come to the club to party on someone else's dime. They have told me so. Being a stripper is therapy to them. They make a little money but sitting and drinking with a nice guy IS their priority.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I have no idea what the biggest challenge is to a newbie stripper. But when your gut tells you not to do something, listen to your gut and, hopefully, you won’t experience anything too regrettable.
  • NJBalla
    3 years ago
    I dont know the OPs purpose of this question, but I'll take an alternate viewpoint. Learn to appreciate the newbie strippers. The only negative is some may be inattentive on their cellphone, but I just learned to walk across the club and ask them to join me for a drink. I love my seasoned dancers, but this hobby can rob a woman of her soul. When the age gap was smaller Id have some great convos with newbie girls who were just dancing to pay for extra money in college or going through a phase.
  • Player11
    3 years ago
    Wear sexy bikini. Learn how put a condom on a guy. Give guy happy ending every time in vip CFS. The guy who will be your SD otc the best. Respect privacy and be positive. I had a stripper as SB for over 10 yrs even after she stopped dancing. Learn how good covered HJ. Many like going in club talking dirty to them like obscene phone call while feeling u up. Be understanding of their fantasies.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    The biggest challenge for a newbie stripper? not losing their virginity.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion