tuscl

Florida top spots

Monday, September 13, 2021 2:16 PM
If you had a choice between Jacksonville and Miami for a few days to enjoy some sun during the day and the clubs at night, which would you choose?

20 comments

• LostinFLA
    3 years ago
    Miami, no contest.
  • kilgoretrout12
    3 years ago
    Agree, Miami
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Wait, Jax has beaches?
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    lol at this
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Unless there’s some sort of traveling logistic involved I would easily take Miami.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Agree with others about Miami. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to live there, but as a vacation destination it has a lot more to offer in terms of hotels and daytime tourist attractions.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Vacationing in Jacksonville is the same as vacationing in New Jersey
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Do Ft Lauderdale instead. Hotels are a little cheaper than Miami. Safer. You can go club in Pompano Beach.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    South Beach; Hollywood Beach; and Ft Lauderdale Beach; are good to hang daytime and see some female-flesh although this time of year it'd be slow during the week. Lots of strip clubs to choose from in SoFlo but best to stick to the well-known/popular-ones a few of which also have pretty-good dayshifts. Downsides to Miami specifically: + bad traffic and bad/rude drivers + bad/rude customer service almost anywhere including the strip clubs + particularly in Miami communication can be difficult - lots of people don't speak a lick of English including businesses - won't find many American dancers in the clubs - most dancers are non-English speaking Cubans so an issue for those that like to talk to dancers for extended periods of time
  • iknowbetter
    3 years ago
    I thought this was a silly question at first, but then I remembered that the Jax area is good for beaches and golf. So it’s good for a long weekend with the family, or maybe for a corporate retreat. In other words, you need to bring your own, since the likelihood of finding any strange in Jax is close to zero. For any activities involving nightlife and/or hot girls, it’s Miami hands down. As a Miami resident, I have never said “hey, let’s road trip to Jacksonville for the weekend.”
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "I thought this was a silly question at first, but then I remembered that the Jax area is good for beaches and golf. So it’s good for a long weekend with the family, or maybe for a corporate retreat." Especially when you factor in nearby St. Augustine as a daytime family destination, with the Spanish fort and various other attractions. The Jax metro area is also a great place to raise a family. But it's not so great for single guys looking for a place to party for a few days. Miami, OTOH, is like the strip club located in a bad neighborhood. You'd never want to live there because it's a decaying shithole, but it can certainly be a fun place to blow a lot of money and a few loads. But eventually you just want to leave the crime scene and return back to your nice leafy suburb.
  • iknowbetter
    3 years ago
    Rick Your assessment of the Jax metro area is spot on, but your description of Miami as a decaying shithole is not accurate at all. Miami is probably not where most would choose to raise a family, and like all big cities, does have more than its share of bad areas, but it is definitely not decaying. New investment in Miami real estate makes it one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. There are a lot of very nice (and very expensive) neighborhoods in the Miami metro, far removed from the urban blight. But OK for the rest of the world to think that Miami is a decaying shithole - maybe that will help to slow the migration. By the way, do you need to update your avatar?
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    I would pick Miami.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I’m pretty sure the Miami metro has plenty of leafy suburbs. But income inequality is a real thing there so for the have-nots the Jacksonville area is a better place to stretch the dollars further. 😁
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I'd go to Jacksonville, but only because I live too close to Miami to consider it a vacation. Also, the people in Miami are fucking assholes and idiots. It's in the air, you can just feel it when you drive into the area or step foot off the jetway. But for you, I'd go to Miami. I'd probably not stay in Miami unless I was staying somewhere at the upper end of the spectrum and wanted to do something besides beaches and boobs. If you want more midrange stuff, go up to north Broward/south Palm Beach. Like Deerfield or Delray. The beaches are as good, the strip clubs are better. There isn't as much other stuff though, Miami clearly has more variety in daytime activities for a week.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I misspoke, Jacksonville is way better we don’t need no more of you pain in the ass tourists we prefer you go north and annoy the natives up there.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ===> "But income inequality is a real thing there so for the have-nots the Jacksonville area is a better place to stretch the dollars further." Interesting comment coming from a "girl" who purportedly works in a gas station. Anywho... Maybe once upon a time, but it's changing fast. Jacksonville is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country. This is especially the case for bedroom communities in neighboring St. Johns County, with hands down the best school system in the state. Businesses and families are relocating to the area at such a fast clip that house prices have jumped easily 50-60% and even 100%+ in some parts in the last 5 years. It's become rather pricey to live in a good school zone now. But the real rub of course is the strip club inflation, lol. My cost for OTC has gone up (depending upon the girl) 50-100%. Too many fuckers working for tech and financial services firms relocating here and fucking up the club economics.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^ Aww, I’m sorry you’re getting priced out of your area ☹️
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    ^ Huh?
  • iknowbetter
    3 years ago
    @nice, you are correct. Income inequality is a huge problem in Miami. If I had not been here my entire life, I would never be able to afford to live in my own neighborhood. Miami, like NYC, San Francisco, LA, etc. is somewhere that people living in million dollar homes feel poor. As John B said in the opening to Outer Banks “there are two kinds of people…you either have two homes, or two jobs”.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion