strip club chains.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Is Atlanta the only major U.S. city that does not have any major chain clubs. I'm happy that we don't but curious as to why we don't.

12 comments

• mikeym
    3 years ago
    The Atlanta area may not have any major chain clubs, but it is the birth place of 2 Chainz, who sings some of the best strip club songs.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    I thought Onyx was a chain, but it might be like Mens Club where some are franchises and others are independent.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Hm, I was going to say Phoenix but I guess technically Jaguar’s is RCI owned.
    Also seemed like Philly for a minute but I know Bucks is Vu owned.
    Boston was but centerfolds sold to RCI.

Columbus OH seems like it’s 2 clubs are independent. (Tho tbh doesn’t seem like much a scene anyways)
    Jacksonville FL seems owned by minor chains but nothing big?
    Both those cities came up when googling “major US City”—some may disagree with that definition. 😅

• blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Well Portland doesn't have much in the way of chains. Only maybe like 2 clubs in the whole area afaik? out of like 50
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Atlanta Onyx is owned by couple of rappers.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    At one point the Cheetah was related to the ones in Florida, but I do not know if that is the case any more.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    "... I thought Onyx was a chain ..."

There is Club Onyx and there's Onyx; they are not the same - Club Onyx is a chain of 3 or 4 black-clubs actually owned by Rick's Corp which owns the Ricks clubs and other clubs like Tootsies Miami, etc.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    If clubs have the same name, are they actually part of a chain?

And similarly there are clubs with different names that are actually owned by the same parent corporation.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    "Columbus OH seems like it’s 2 clubs are independent."

Not sure which 2 clubs out of about 10 clubs in Columbus you are referring to. The only one that I know is a chain is the newly renamed Bucks Platinum which used to be an independent club called Centerfolds until it was bought out during the pandemic. Columbus Gold gives off sort of a corporate owned vibe the couple of times I had been there but I'm not sure.

I could argue that the Cincinnati are doesn't have any chain owned clubs. Cincinnati (and surrounding parts of Ohio) itself doesn't have any clubs but there there are a few riggt across the state lines in Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana that are part of the Greater Cincinnati metro area. They are all low quality independent clubs but the only one worth anything (but not much) is Concepts in Lawrenceburg Indiana.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    I've been to the Onyx clubs in Houston, Charlotte, and Atlanta and they all had about the same vibe. Up until shadowcat posted the thread I hadn't given any thought to whether the Onyx's weren't all under the same umbrella.

"If clubs have the same name, are they actually part of a chain?"

Some are and some aren't, which is a commonly known thing for guys that travel. That's what I checked on before posting, which is why "thought" was in my comment that wasn't in the form of a question.

"And similarly there are clubs with different names that are actually owned by the same parent corporation."

I'd found that the Atlanta club wasn't owned by Rick's/under the same ownership before I posted. My comment said that without going into a bunch of detail.
  • joker44
    3 years ago
    I'm not aware of any clubs in Kansas or Western Missouri that are affiliated with major chains. Closest is Denver or Illinois side of St Louis area.

Then again, this area isn't a mecca for great clubs :(

Several years ago one of the downtown KCMO clubs announced plans for some affiliation with a chain but those plans fell through.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The biggest national chain has lots of clubs which are unbranded. That is, they own it and run it, but it does not use their name. They seem to do this in metros where things are quite lose, and so they can and need to let things go further. So they want to run the good and competitive club, but they don't want it to come to tarnish their name and make them a nationwide target for LE.

If there is a crack down, then they will probably change to using their name with the reconstituted tamer club.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion