tuscl

MERCI FRANCE!

ATACdawg
Thank God Trump is FIRED!!! Lock him up!
...for providing one of the best, closest men's basketball final games I have ever seen.

And thanks to the USA men's basketball team as well for:

A great game

For being willing to represent your country without compensation or the ability to bring your families with you, and in the face of COVID

For succeeding in the face of racist comments (I'm speaking to you, cedrick69) crowing about your first round loss to that same French team, which, by the way, featured 7 NBA players.

Thanks again, guys. You all did America proud!

12 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    And it appears that the Nets are offering Durant a 200 million contract extension, great game though, go USA
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Oui, Oui. Oui.
  • Cristobal
    3 years ago
    I am francophile and rooted for France until they played USA, it was a good game.

The talent gap between the USA and the world is closing and the USA will eventually have to adapt to stay at the top spot.

I am on favor of a full time team of paid players and coaches, there are plenty of aspiring NBA players, fringe NBA players, and past their prime players who could form a good team.

Playing and practicing full time would help to develop teamwork, strategy, and gameplans rather than just relying on great individual talent and effort.

Regardless, USA! USA! USA!
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    The problem with the ratings stat is Olympics in asian timezones always have shit ratings in the US compared to when they are in our hemisphere like Rio. Even in Europe it's less awkward with what they can show live vs delayed.

NBC does need to fix it's product for the next non pandemic games.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    So ratings are down 50%. Politics and WOKE athletes were quick to be blamed but it’s not as simple as that. Sure, from stuff I’ve read here and on Facebook that’s part of it. But there are many other reasons. Technology today offers so many other options. I have the ability to stream many European and international sports channels. Most of my viewing time was using the Euro networks rather than NBC. there’s more to the Olympics than prime time NBC. NBC focuses on gymnastics, beach volleyball and some swimming. NBC hasn’t shown field events in track for years only highlights. The Euro channels showed cycling, shooting and all the field events. Those viewers are counted

And the time zone difference made a huge difference. Even without going out of your way to find results I got notifications on my phone or results popped up on the internet spoiling watching it in delay in prime time.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Tough to show track and field when the USA's men's team was the worst ever.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I didn’t watch the men’s basketball final - but I watched the first half of the women’s game, and it wasn’t bad. They play well together, and they have a major height advantage over the Japanese team.

I don’t think the national anthem is the place for protest type gestures, and that saddens me to see (not just in basketball - but in many other sports as well). It’s more important to show unity and respect during the national anthem than it is to make a scene. Whether it’s women’s soccer - or that woman (who I thought was a dude) who did well in the women’s shot put - it’s simply not appropriate or necessary.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Yeah - US Men’s track team shit the bed by their usually high standards. Only Golds I can think of are 4x400 relay and shot put.

But I like watching Track and Field regardless. The Men’s 400 hurdles was amazing, even though the American took Silver (with a WR time)
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    @cash “I don’t think the national anthem is the place for protest type gestures, and that saddens me to see (not just in basketball - but in many other sports as well). It’s more important to show unity and respect during the national anthem than it is to make a scene.”

Not trying to change your mind, but I wanted to point out that all the athletes stood for the anthem AFAIK. I’m positive that the women’s soccer team stood for the anthem before every game because I watched them. I don’t think any US athlete in any sport took a knee during the anthem but it’s possible I missed it. It would’ve been pretty big news on Fox if someone had dared kneel during the anthem so I feel like I would’ve been aware of it.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    The whole Women’s soccer team kneeled before the bronze medal match, except Carli Lloyd. I’m not sure if the National Anthem was being played at the time.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    It wasn’t. The entire team stood for the anthem (as they did for every game). After the anthems were played, they took the field. Before kickoff, they took a knee against discrimination in all its forms. If you get mad about that you’re just looking for something to be mad about.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    JimmyMcnulty thank you for clarifying. That was my mistake.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion