tuscl

Google is kicking ‘sugar dating’ apps out of the Play Store.

8TM
North America
Thursday, July 29, 2021 3:14 PM
[view link] “Sugar dating” apps will not be allowed on the Android Play Store from September 1st, Google has announced as part of a series of policy changes for the platform. The change, which was first reported by Android Police, specifically prohibits apps relating to “compensated sexual relationships.”

7 comments

• Warrior15
    3 years ago
    At first glance, I think to myself "so what" . Just go to the Search line in Google and type in sugar baby, an infinite number of websites show up. But then I think about how today's young people use the internet. Do they know how to use the internet if the is not an app for what they want ? I wonder if some girls won't sign up now because they can't easily find the app ?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    This doesn't surprise me at all. As to Warrior's concerns, young people absolutely still know how to use the internet with out an app. Many might prefer not to, but they know. Also, if a girl is completely discouraged by the lack of an app, then I wonder if they're all that serious about actually sugaring and showing up for dates. So, perhaps this will separate some wheat from the chaff.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I guess Android apps can still be downloaded from outside Google Store; but if Apple follows suit (not unlikely) IPhone users may be SOL w.r.t. the App: [view link]
  • Subraman
    3 years ago
    Paps, Apple got rid of the SA app years ago, all iphone users have had to go through the browser to get to SA for quite a while. Now android users will have to do the same. Although unlike iOS, android is not a closed system, and it's possible either a different app store will pick up the SA app, or SA will make the app available as a sideload (no app store needed, just download and install the binaries yourself)
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Thanks Subra. You have calmed my fears. I was all worried that the new sugar babies wouldn't be able to sign up. Ya know we need fresh meat !!!
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    So you have to do a bit more typing to get to sites for hookers
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    A lot of apps are really mostly just web browsers anyway, they've got a little extra in there to send notifications but that's it. Of course, those notifications are why they push the apps so hard & in some cases why people like them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion