tuscl

Olympics - Anybody Watching ?

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Saturday, July 24, 2021 11:57 PM
I just watched the USA volleyball team kick the crap out of the French wimps. I"m worried about our basketball team. Track and field is my sport for the Olympics. I wanna know who the next Carl Lewis is.

76 comments

• misterorange
    3 years ago
    Nope. I don't watch sports that put social justice before competition, which is all of them. So thanks a lot, but no.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Normally I'm psyched for the Olympics, but this year I couldn't care less. I see no compelling stories. It seems like most athletes are about me-me-me, all the stories are social justice divas (like Megan Rapinoe and that hammer thrower) who are long past their sell-by dates. Love for country has been replaced by shame, even in athletes whom America has been objectively good to. Go Team USA, but I don't plan to watch anything.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I love all the track and field. Women’s beach volleyball is good too.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Watched a little swimming earlier. Waiting for track & field. There’s certainly an odd feel to this one. I didn’t even watch the opening ceremony and I always do
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    The games are bitter sweet. Im not watching. They should have been cancelled.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    USA getting some medals tonight in mens swimming.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    It seems I have no interest.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I like watching the swimming, I’m really waiting for the women’s gymnastics I’m going to root hard for Biles , she’s a sweetheart, you guys can focus on the negative all you like, I think it’s great that there are young people who are so talented and willing to work so hard towards a goal. I’m proud of them all.
  • Cristobal
    3 years ago
    I love the USA and I watch and root for all our teams, regardless of the political and social messages. Just like here on TUSCL, I support this site dispite the political and social topics on a strip club site.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I'm not watching and paying little attention to the news. Between Covid restrictions, Yoke and politics, I decided I'd rather go to strip clubs.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    No and never have really
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    So far I’ve just watched the women’s soccer. I was a fan before they started protesting and I’m still a fan. I’ll watch the basketball, gymnastics, volleyball and pretty much any of it if it’s on while I’m in the kitchen or working around the house.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I’m not sure why but I just haven’t been interested at all, so I haven’t been watching.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’m watching - but not as intently as previous Olympics. It’s entertaining at times. Track and field are the events I’m looking forward to as well. I find the rowing interesting for some odd reason. Women’s beach volleyball is my sweet spot. I can work up a sweat watching those bikini clad hotties digging and stretching!
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    The Olympics were more fun when you could win a hamburger if the US did well.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    There are a lot of things going on with the basketball team. Two players out for Covid, two players just got there. But we should never lose to France. Ouch.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Face it. Most the world plays with extra pride and much harder when they’re wearing the name of their country on their uniform. It used to be true for U.S. athletes. Think that’s true for USA basketball?
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Sure as hell ain’t true for USA Women’s soccer. Other countries sing along to their nation anthems in before international games with almost religious fervor. It unites them. There’s shitheads on our team who act like they’re ashamed of our anthem and flag. They use it as a opportunity to tear us apart. It’s really ridiculous. Normal Americans better wake the fuck up and demand reform. Tax dollars should not be spent on those who would embarrass and criticize our country on the international stage.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    “I’m oppressed by the country that’s paying for me to play this stupid kid’s game or past time as a profession.” Fuck you. Get a fucking job.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Lol. Triggered much? The US women’s soccer team has more World Cup titles and more Olympic golds than anyone. Period. And it’s not close. They stand for the anthem. Don’t like what they believe in? Fine. But don’t make up BS that they don’t play with pride or work hard at what they do.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Ha ha - yes that did come off a bit triggered. Look, the reason Women’s US soccer is the best is Title IX applied to college athletics. Colleges have to give as many scholarships for women sports that no one would pay to watch, like women’s soccer, as they do for football and men’s basketball. No other country has hundreds of colleges that basically have a minor league women’s soccer league. That why USA women’s soccer is the best. And Megan Rapano or whatever the fuck grudgingly now stands for the anthem, but has said she’d prefer not to. Fuck her (actually I’d prefer not to). One good thing about watching women’s soccer and basketball is it’s like watching the men in slow motion. You don’t need instant replay.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Flipped on a bit earlier today and it was a basketball game Australia vs Nigeria I believe. The announcer said one of the NBA players was a free agent and there are several other NBA free agents and the Olympics are a good place to showcase their talent. So this is what the Olympics have now become. It’s used to be about the pride of playing for your country now it’s about professional athletes using it to leverage even bigger contracts. Oh boy I can’t wait to see the ratings for these games
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    I don't think it would help them get any bigger contract in the NBA. Actually a free agent is risking getting hurt at the Olympics. So it he doesn't have a contract, gets hurt, then his leverage goes away. So I admire any free agents playing now. But where the NBA player can financially gain from the Olympics is endorsement money. Shoe and t-shirt sales. If Damian Lilliard dominates at the Olympics, then his can make millions from sales of those things in other countries. But if they lose, then they gain nothing.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I agree with you warrior any free agent participating in the Olympics is risking much more than their possible benefits I disagree with those people that think unpaid athletes haven’t got a right to promote their own opinions it’s gotten out of hand lately this idea that anyone whom disagrees with y’all should have nothing to say.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Say what you want on your own time but not while you’re representing our country. I wouldn’t give a shit about what Megan Rapaho said if she didn’t have “USA” across her flat chest. POW’s have endured torture refusing to denounce the United States while in uniform.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    @stud “Look, the reason Women’s US soccer is the best is Title IX applied to college athletics.” I 100% agree. It is beginning to look like title IX gave the US a head start and not a permanent advantage as the premier professional clubs and power soccer countries are now investing on the women’s side, but we’ve had a huge historical advantage. Id say it’s similar to our advantages in men’s baseball and basketball now that the pro players go to the Olympics but my point is we are in agreement. The women will never be as good as the men. They don’t have to be. The women’s game is good to watch and if you ever have daughters or granddaughters who play you may grow to enjoy it. The US success on the women’s side has caused the premier league teams and other countries to invest in their women’s teams and it’s leveling the playing field, which is a good thing. Whether it can sustain itself and become profitable is not certain but it’s looking better. Hell, in 1986 the NBA broadcast a playoff game on tape delay.
  • Strupviffle
    3 years ago
    As a cable cutting millennial, my big gripe is that peacock is a fucking terrible platform to watch the olympics on. End up streaming most of it and that does diminish the pleasure. My favorite part is catching sports I never think of for the next 4 years. Handball? Sign me up. Fucking ping pong? Let's see it.
  • Bigbadjohn
    3 years ago
    I like watching the odd sports...watched some fencing, skateboarding, diving, rugby not
  • Bigbadjohn
    3 years ago
    Ooops wrong button (aka big thumbs...lol) meant to say rugby and volleyball
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I watch the openong ceremony and parade of nations, but don't care much for the competitions. The American team seems to be more about themselves or their activism than national pride. Maybe if there were another US v USSR "Miracle in Ice" being anticipated...
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I watched the USA men’s basketball loss to France. Sometimes the shots just don’t fall for the better team and they lose. That’s what happened. That’s why sports betting is for suckers.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    And yeah - I could watch Women’s Beach volleyball all day
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I watched the I watched triathalon, fencing, swimming and watched individual social justice activists get their ass kicked by an inferior team that loved their country.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    ^ ski, you might appreciate this: [view link]
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    To answer the original question - “is anyone watching the Olympics?” Apparently not. Ratings down 37% from 2016 games in Rio
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I used to watch the Olympics for the less mainstream sports, because there was a time when the less mainstream sports got decent airtime during the Olympics. That's not true anymore, so I don't watch anymore.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Ishmael - I was thinking the same thing. Basketball, Tennis, Baseball for Christ’s sake! Do I really need to watch an Olympic version? They have bicycle racing while the Tour de France is going on lol. They’re all sports where there’s other championship type competition that are far more important and competitive that an Olympic side show. I think a lot of it is to fill TV programming hours. Track & Field, gymnastics, swimming are the type of sports where the Olympics are the pinnacle of their competition.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    We are finally getting a lead in the Medal Count : [view link] I always thought of the Germans doing very well in the Olympics. Not in this one so far.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    No watching, but I cannot help but see the headlines on TV and online. @Simone Biles: time to get that tattoo lasered off, sweetheart. You know which one.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    I’m not watching but apparently NBC hasn’t figured out how to cover the Olympics in the internet age. Everyone knows the result before events are broadcast. And, an attempt to spread coverage across all of NBC’s platforms has confused viewers about what is available, when, and where.
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    I haven't bothered figuring out how to stream them and don't have cable.
  • RockAllNight
    3 years ago
    Just watched the Canadian women beat the Americans in beach volleyball. Both of the Canadians are hot enough to work in any strip club in the US or Canada. Asses were awesome and the darker one had pretty nice boobs too.
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    Actually saw a bit of the indoor volleyball women's earlier today. USA vs roc (Russia). Was surprised to see some really good looking ladies on the USA (the short one with the different colored jersey and one who came in as a sub for our injured player). The Roc had some good looking players as well. Wanted to watch the woman's beach volleyball, but seems impossible to find it on without cable. Almost every time I've switched over for a few minutes its been mens swimming. They also were showing the mens basketball team in a game I already knew they had won and had no Interest in anyway (even though I do like the NBA). Have a feeling I'll be looking for that Canadian women's beach volleyball team on YouTube this week! Probably Brazilian team and united states as well.
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    Meant the Swedish also as the USA team played the Canadian team so I'd see them already.
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    I guess Sweden didn't qualify. USA Ross/klineman team both looked really hot to me. Both Brazilian teams super hot (as expected). Chinese team good looking (only saw highlights of one as they upset a Brazilian team). Canada couldn't find the any of their matches on YouTube yet.
  • DandyDan
    3 years ago
    I have not watched these Olympics. It probably doesn't help that they are only live late at night and early in the morning.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    From NY Post on women’s bball team: At least for now they have declared, through captain Sue Bird, that they will cut us all a break to appear as if they’re minimally willing to gather on the court to represent the United States on a world stage during the anthem (even if standing while looking down, away from the American flag), in defiance of their conviction that America is unworthy of them.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    "Look, the reason Women’s US soccer is the best is Title IX applied to college athletics. Colleges have to give as many scholarships for women sports that no one would pay to watch, like women’s soccer, as they do for football and men’s basketball." Sounds like a compelling argument in favor of Title IX to me.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Say what you will about the USA women's basketball team, but they're true champions. They've taken home gold every Olympic games since 1996, and are one of the most dominant teams in all of the games.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Yeah - title IX makes sense if you prioritize universities using resources to serve as d leagues for sports no on gives a shit about over serious education. Maybe giving scholarships to studious. hardworking smart needy scholars over good athletes?
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Now we got as many dumb female jocks wasting their time in college as we do males. They graduate, or don’t, qualified to work at a rental car agency
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    At least China is logical about it. They take their women jocks and put them in a basketball or soccer or (insert some other stupid sport you only see in the Olympics like trampolining) “academy” and don’t waste a university spot on them. Only smart young people go to college. How do they know who’s smart? Standardize testing. But that’s another discussion.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I was very gladdened to hear that the Kiwi guy who was lifting in the women's category failed miserably. That should never have been allowed. Given how he looked like the man he was, even while competing in the women's category, I also googled images of the three female winners - China, GB, and US. [view link] They are all fatties. The Chinese and American contestants in particular look like fucking sumo wrestlers, or professional drinkers with big-ass beer bellies. No visible muscle, just mass. What the fuck is up with that?
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ Amen on the kiwi. It matters little what your hormone levels are now when you've gone through male puberty. Denying the reality of biological sex in favor of constructed "gender" is just stupid. If you watch World's Strongest Man competitions, you'll see big dudes, not cut dudes. They look like human boulders.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Sera, for once I agree with what you said. But the dude has purple hair, not pink.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    US Women's soccer is the best? lol. They were the best among women, but 3rd rate males are still better, just like in every sport.
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    From a legal standpoint it’s going to be an interesting next year or two or three to see how the NIL earnings will impact Title IX. Could have no impact at all or perhaps some big changes coming
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Saw women's wrestling today while bored at the airport. Doesn't compare to the foxy boxing I saw at a strip club many years ago. I would hate to run across the wrestling girls in a dark alley.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Team USA women’s soccer played FC Dallas boys U15 team in 2017 and lost 5-2. Watching the women is like watching the men in slow motion. I find it boring.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Stayed up and watched the men’s 400 hurdles finals . Epic race - that’s what the Olympics is all about.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    So, let’s see. Do I have this straight? You guys: - root against the USA - root against women because they aren’t as strong or fast as men - root against women because they are attracted to women (seems like this would be common ground) - root against USA players who stand for the anthem and have during every game for years - root against people who want to be paid more for doing their jobs - root for Canada against your own country’s team, a place where they have socialized medicine, don’t let us travel there and get this have a TRANS player on their women’s team (you must really be conflicted to root for a trans player over the USA - don’t care about women’s sports (unless a trans player is playing) That about it? LOL. HATERZZZ!!
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Sorry, watching women on TV play certain sports that men play at a much higher level, like bball and soccer, doesn’t appeal to me. I’m not sexist, I just don’t like it. It’s slow and boring, they shoot weird, they can’t jump, etc. Just like I could watch my kids play little league but I could never watch a bunch of kids I don’t know play crappy baseball in the little league World Series on TV.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    But we can all agree that we will watch womens beach volleyball over mens 100% of the time.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    i like the womenfolks beach volleyball but they should rly mandate thongs. those bikini bottoms rly cover too much id also like it if they had a d cups leage too i am planning to write the IOC with my ideas. u can thank me in 2024 when ur watching topless d cups volleyball your welcome
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    True - Women’s beach volleyball is great. I really enjoyed Brandie Wilkerson from the Canadian team. Her pictures on the internet don’t do her justice. She looked really hot, all sweaty and sandy, with her bikini bottom riding up her perfect ass on Saturday vs the US team.
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    I just turned on the Olympics and saw men's lead sport climbing for the first time. Didn't know it was a sport. Each contestant gets 6 minutes to painstakingly ascend a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    I've watched quite a bit, even if I don't find it as exciting as I used to.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    Nice to see a US gold medal winner who loves her country. [view link]
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    ^ I thought that’s how women’s beach volleyball was supposed to be watched?
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Did anyone else notice that the women swimmers had no tits? I figured large breasts produced a higher drag coefficient so I googled it. A variety of answers ranging from tight suits to excessive exercising results in hormonal changes to swimmers develop upper body muscle which tend to minimize breast size
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    Watching the Men’s Decathlon and Women’s Heptathlon - where are the feminists demanding the women should have an equal number of events?
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    Gabby Thomas is cute.
  • TxVegas
    3 years ago
    Women’s 400m hurdles was cool. Both Americans broke the prior world record and finished 1 and 2. Both seemed to have absolute respect for each other. Cool to see
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I’ve had enough of the giant fake eyelashes among the WOC sprinters. So phony looking.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I doubt that I would watch even if they were showing them in my favorite strip club. The thrill has gone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion