tuscl

You guys think strippers will ever start accepting digital payment systems?

Estafador
BIG APPLE
Tuesday, July 13, 2021 3:59 AM
Saw this on twitter and it had me rolling LOL [view link] Of course it was in New York, where else would it be? But would that be like if it were commonplace? Or do you guys think that's still a pipe dream, Venmoes and Cash Apps and such? You know, because millenials (and gen Z)

25 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I'm under the impression that using payment apps is relatively common in the sugaring world already. So, that being the case, it wouldn't surprise me to see payment apps being used more widely to pay for all sorts of adult fun. I think that this will only become more commonplace if sex work becomes more mainstream and people care less and less about digital breadcrumbs. Personally, I'm still pretty adamant about paying in anonymous cash because I don't like the idea of leaving behind a digital paper trail. Perhaps we're heading towards a time where sex work is mainstreamed, but that's not now. Just look at the mess Matt Gaetz got himself into via using Venmo to pay for "books" and "tuition" for the young (sometimes very young...) hotties he and his buddy spent time with. He's a walking parable for good old cash. I have this image in my head of a guys at the stage repeatedly swiping his phone at a dancer instead of "making it rain", and I'm not sure if it's funny or sad. Or perhaps a bit of both.
  • grand1511
    3 years ago
    Based on the unreliability of phones among a significant share of dancers, I don't see cash ever entirely going away from club operations.
  • DenimChicken
    3 years ago
    I know girls that have accepted Cashapp/Venmo for years now. Cash is obviously still used the vast majority of the time, but this is hardly new.
  • Estafador
    3 years ago
    @desertscrub guess by your statements, digital payment will never happen then ^_^🤣
  • Estafador
    3 years ago
    @DenimChicken but have they done so after giving a person a lapdance though?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The day they stop using cash will be the day I stop going.
  • 8TM
    3 years ago
    Strippers don’t believe in paying income tax
  • DenimChicken
    3 years ago
    >@DenimChicken but have they done so after giving a person a lapdance though? Yes - typically after a set of dances. I'm not talking about OTC or anything like that.
  • pad3006
    3 years ago
    I’ve had dancers say I can send money for dances in cash app etc, I’m sure they prefer cash but digital is an option
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    If that happens I'm sure the clubs will figure out a way to either make the dancers use an app that they provide or collect cell phones from dancers before they start their shift.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I know of one club where I haven’t stepped foot in a couple of years, that has signs up all over letting you know if you are accepting money from customers like that you were instantly terminated no questions asked. That’s the most strong example, but in general if a a club issues out its own club funny money that a customer can purchase using a card, then a club doesn’t want to compete with that.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Eww, the only place I know of where my phone got collected was Thee Dollhouse in Tampa, because phones were forbidden on the floor and I didn’t like not having a locker provided to stash it away safely. So my phone was put in the manager office. One big reason I didn’t last more than one shift there, eff that. Taking away a phone is taking away safety. If a club wants to regulate that behavior, then they need to monitor the dance area more. Heck for most clubs with a vip, payment is taken up front anyways managed by club staff anyways. I think plenty of strippers are fine with digital payment systems. But: 1. It’s risky going too high volume with those apps. They all have in their terms of service that they can shut down your account caught using for “adult services” (From what I’ve heard, when they do shut down your account, they won’t even give you the money being stored in the app) 2. If enough of the customer base is older, then why try to make a bunch of them change their ways as far as payment goes?
  • K
    3 years ago
    "Based on the unreliability of phones among a significant share of dancers," their phones always work for venmo and cashapp
  • theeastcoast757
    3 years ago
    Was just wondering the other day if they will ever accept crypto
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^ Hah! I would totally accept crypto if offered. I guess the biggest pain would be constantly googling how many dollars would make up how many coins to ask for a fair payment as far as dances go.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Well actually nothing is paid in crypto who ever your crypto broker converts the digital code into dollars or euros according to the exchange rate minus their fee.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^technicalities doesn’t mean much. No matter how drunk a customer is I’m pretty sure I’ll be told to go fuck myself if I try to ask for 100 Bitcoin instead of $100
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ No no that wasn’t my point the price is going to be in Dollars or whatever the prevailing currency is it will work out like a check or a credit card you’re still going to get $XY for your dance it will just be settled through a clearinghouse is all.
  • boomer79
    3 years ago
    A couple of times I’ve used Venmo or cash app in a club. It’s the exception not the rule and honestly it was used for a “tip”! In vip.
  • Estafador
    3 years ago
    @nicespice the old timers will eventually get replaced by millenials. I doubt you yourself will still be in the entertainment industry but who knows how much the industry will change by then.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    [view link] "What if you could 'like' a financial transaction?" "What if you could 'friend' your landlord?" "what if you could 'comment' on your coworkers lapdance payments?" "This exciting idea was vastly rejected by our user base, except the dumb fools who didn't read the fine print and have no fucking idea their parents, children, coworkers and spouses would know now who and how much they are paying to fuck."
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    You can pay with Bitcoin at Crazy Horse: [view link]
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    ^^No matter how drunk a customer is I’m pretty sure I’ll be told to go fuck myself if I try to ask for 100 Bitcoin instead of $100 Tell him he can watch … for another 100 Bitcoin.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Not for ITC services, at least anytime soon. First because the house usually gets an instant cut of each song or private room. Second because girls need to be able to make tipout same night and cash is the most efficient way of handling it. Third because some of these girls still do not have bank accounts and instead pay all of their expenses in cash. Fourth because many club owners may prefer that a percentage of their income be cash and carry (most small businesses do not report 100% of their cash income but instead use it to pay personal expenses). Fifth because it would encourage even more phone use ITC. Sixth... For all of these reasons and probably others I don't see this becoming widespread ITC anytime soon. But there are definitely some girls who accept cash apps for OTC activities, but IME it's a very small minority of them. Time will tell whether that becomes more common soon.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Most clubs are not ok with dancers accepting money that the club doesnt get a cut of. I'm sure though if 2 people are sitting somewhere quietly that the guy can cashapp the girl to either just give her money or pay for something otc or photos/videos whatever.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion