tuscl

Mask = The Minority Now

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I’ve noticed a shift in the past 2 weeks, now people wearing masks are in the minority out in businesses. Two weeks ago (at least in my area) it was the opposite. Majority of workers are maskless with the exception of food workers. In all the restaurants, fast food and bars I’ve been in just about everyone working is still wearing a mask with the exception of bartenders and a random employee (kitchen worker / server) here and there.

I made a reservation next week for an upscale restaurant out of state and was surprised when the confirmation said “masks are to be worn when entering the restaurant.” Wasn’t sure if someone just didn’t update their reservation comments or they were still serious. The mask mandate ended for that state…

I went to a service center at the dealership for my car and there were signs everywhere saying “mask required” just last week. Was surprised to see that. Took my other car to another service center and not one single person was wearing a mask - it’s still so hit or miss in some cases.

14 comments

• Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I’ve noticed a pretty rapid change here as well. Very rare to see a mask here other than a doctor’s office or some obvious place. I still see “mask required” signs at random businesses….and then no one wearing one inside.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Tuesday was mask liberation day in California. I went to the gym in the morning and had no problems going in without a mask. In the afternoon, I had to run to FedEx and was told to wear a mask. Since there are so many brainwashed woke people in this state, I'm sure I will have to carry a mask with me for a while. Glad I get to travel to less woke areas of the country on a regular basis.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    In NJ it will be 3 weeks tomorrow since the mask mandate was lifted and restaurants went back to full capacity and allowed to sit customers at the bar. There are two restaurants I visit often where the ownership and the clientele are all very conservative and anti-Gov Murphy. The signs were eliminated immediately and I walked in with confidence, not wearing the mask. No one else was either. But for a week I still kept a mask in my pocket and put it on if I wasn't sure whether a store or something would freak out. Then I started keeping one in my car, just in case. But I've never had to use it. Still see a few people wearing them here and there, but the mask shaming I anticipated in the People's Republic of New Jersey hasn't happened. The mask-wearing people were almost instantly in the minority.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Yeah ... there's some latency between new policy and old signage/notifications. Where I am (Rhode Island), almost all businesses and organizations are mask free if you've been vaccinated (but with no formal checks on vaccination status). Medical offices and facilities still require a mask for everyone. Who knows how long that will stay in place.

I keep a mask or at least a bandana on me all the time still, just in case I go someplace where a mask is required. It's low-hanging fruit to do so. If I enter a place where I'm unsure about mask policy, I just ask. Adults wearing masks are in the minority. The percentage of children wearing masks is higher.
  • Huntsman
    3 years ago
    I still keep a mask on me just in case too. But I’m starting to forget to even do that and haven’t run into any need when I have forgotten.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    Because I always carried a bandana on me even before the pandemic, I always have something on me that I can use. I also keep a mask in the car. If I run into a situation where the bandana won't cut it (like many medical offices), then I have a more suitable mask within walking distance at least.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Still 3 months of mask requirements for flights. Who knows if that will be extended come September. Seems the people in charge like control over us minions. There is still a state of emergency declaration in CA even though mask rules are lifted. Gives Gavin power to change his mind without legislation.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It depends on the business. But I haven't seen masks enforced. Every time I go out less people have them on. Im really not optimistic. Im waiting on a summer surge.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I was enjoying it because it leveled the ugliness playing feild for me. I got to be average and that was fine with me.

No I’m all seriousness that shot would dry out my mouth and make me thirsty.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Yeah - in Miami masks now are the exception rather than the norm and most restaurant employees I see are masklelss also.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Yeah, I think it’s pretty much done with now in most places except in random areas. The most random mask requirement was a local business selling beef jerky just south of Sweetwater, TX.

I keep a mask around just in case it’s wanted.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ... The Gainesville parents sent six recently worn face masks to the University of Florida for laboratory testing. They discovered that face masks collect numerous bacteria that cause, in many cases, serious illnesses.

The parents wanted the face masks tested "because they were concerned about the potential of contaminants on masks that their children were forced to wear all day at school, taking them on and off, setting them on various surfaces, wearing them in the bathroom, etc.," Rational Ground explained.

"We need to know what we are putting on the faces of our children each day. Masks provide a warm, moist environment for bacteria to grow," parent Amanda Donoho told Rational Ground.

The tests, conducted by the University of Florida's Mass Spectrometry Research and Education Center, discovered that five of the six masks contained a host of bacteria and three of the masks were contaminated with "dangerous pathogenic and pneumonia-causing bacteria."

The 11 "dangerous pathogens" found on the masks are responsible for illnesses that include:

Pneumonia
    Tuberculosis
    Meningitis and Sepsis
    Food poisoning from E. coli
    Diphtheria
    Lyme Disease
    Urinary Tract Infections

https://www.theblaze.com/news/children-f…
  • theeastcoast757
    3 years ago
    Still have to wear one in airports until September
  • TFP
    3 years ago
    The mask mandate in CA has been lifted, which will make me the lone weirdo who will still wear one I guess. I'm gonna wear it solely at work and when out in places like Costco, Target, etc. I enjoyed not getting sick during the last year and a half and I'm hoping to continue that.

The only place I'm happy to not have to wear a mask is the gym. And even then I'm ok with wearing it while hitting the weights, just NOT on the treadmill.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion