tuscl

Curious: which country songs have you ever heard at an SC?

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Sunday, June 13, 2021 10:59 PM
Or, which country songs would you play at an SC?

15 comments

• gothamyte
    3 years ago
    Toby Keith - Whiskey Girl
  • gothamyte
    3 years ago
    whoops; to clarify, I can't think of any country songs offhand that I've heard while at an SC, but I'd request Whiskey Girl...
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I know nothing about country music, but I've seen cowgirl- or Western-themed strippers dance to it. Even older, edgier stuff.
  • gothamyte
    3 years ago
    The thought behind this thread is: we are familiar with the Rock strip club anthems like Cherry Pie by Warrant or Rap strip club anthems like, 2 Live Crew, I Wanna Rock but what are the country Strip Club anthems? Any modern ones?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I remember hearing it quite a few times like 5 years ago. But like rock and dance music it disappeared from clubs. Dancers have a big say on the music. And club policies
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    IDK if it's still the case but Baby Dolls Dallas used to play a fair amount of country music - one dancer back in the day told me it was a club rule that every 4th song had to be a country song - IDK if it's still the case. IDK much about country music but when I used to visit in the 2000s they would always play "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" and that lyric is seared in my mind from my 2000s Baby Dolls visits
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Good thread topic. A few oldie but goodies have made the s new now and then, and it’s a welcome change whenever they play one. I think it’s be funny to play “Who’s Your Daddy” by Keith.
  • busta_nut
    3 years ago
    Big & Rich,, Save a Horse and Ride a Cowboy
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^^^ Same here, the only one I can think of is "Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy" which I actually hear frequently at several clubs.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
    On a really slow night a few weeks ago at a local “Cheers with tits” SC, I punched in Toby Keith’s “I Love this Bar” to the juke box.
  • Ulrik79
    3 years ago
    Honky Tonk badonk a donk
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    I've heard them many times as there are young country music girls in some cities. I don't remember most as it's not my thing. I do remember one that, a recently passed patron, used to request on day shifts. "Third rate romance, low rent rendezvous" by the Amazing Rhythm Aces. It was kind of a pop crossover from the 70's so I remember listening to it on my AM radio when I was young.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Get your tongue out of my mouth, I’m trying to kiss you goodbye.
  • Jascoi
    3 years ago
    at all the clubs I go to... hearing a country song is a rare treat.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Others have already mentioned some I’ve heard. Have also heard Country Girl Shake It For Me. [view link] And also Cruise by Florida George Line [view link] And Low Places by Garth Brooks [view link] And Bad Things by Jace Everett [view link] Hah, I remember the time somebody at a club in Portland mentioned that country is the only genre he had never heard played before. So I selected country songs on the jukebox just because of that. I don’t think the other patrons appreciated that. 🤣 These were a customer base I figured out it was better to say that I was from “Austin” and not “Texas” because they had a weird hatred of Texas. Lol!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion