tuscl

Bridgeport

felipe609
New Jersey
Sometime in the next week or so, I will be traveling through Connecticut for work.

I usually go to clubs in the Northern New Jersey region, but when I have been to Bridgeport, I have found some of the clubs my style. So my question is, are clubs in Bridgeport opening up? I read that Connecticut was supposed to open up last week, but I don't know if this includes bars, and I don't know if all (or any) of the clubs survived the last period. Since Bridgeport isn't exactly on my way, I don't want to go there to find out that nothing is open. On the other hand, it is close enough that it would be worthwhile, if the clubs are open. (Otherwise I will come go back to Jersey, where at least I know the lay of the land.)

Please note: I am not asking for details on the clubs, since I have been to several before (and know how to read reviews), but rather I want to know if they are back up and running.

Thanks

14 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    This is one of the few instances where you can probably just call the club and you'll get the information you want.
    3 years ago
    I doubt calling will get any real intel past “yeah, we’re open and there’s tons of girls here”. Phone answerers at clubs are pathological liars in my experience.
  • felipe609
    3 years ago
    Okay, yes, I could call the clubs. Except, while I am interested in whether the clubs are opened or not (because who wants to go to a club that's closed), I am more interested in whether it is worth going. A club can be open and still not worth the time and money to go to.

As 623 says, usually when I call a club it goes like this:
    [ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring]
    Club: Hello, club.
    Me: Hello, I just wanted to see, are you open?
    Club: Yeah, we're open.
    Me: Are there people there?
    Club: Of course, it's hoppin'!

And when I get there, it is the bartender sitting by himself drinking Bud Lite.

I wouldn't actually expect a bartender to say anything else--and often a club's attendance ebbs and flows--but I don't actually believe what he says. And often the bartender doesn't pick up. Does that mean the place is closed? That it is too busy to pick up?

Anyway, if anybody has anything to say about Bridgeport, I would be interested. The last time I checked the reviews they were several weeks old, but that doesn't mean anything, necessarily, either.
  • bkkruined
    3 years ago
    I haven't heard any news specific to that area...

But assume if there are reviews from several weeks ago, or really anytime in 2021, and at all positive, it'll probably have gotten better.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    That's hilarious about club phone answerers being pathological liars. I've noticed this too!

I will go a step further and say that most club staff/owners/management are pathological liars.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I recommend you take bkkruined’s advice. He offers a logical method for determining the open Bridgeport clubs - and their current levels of interest.

I doubt you will find more insight in a general discussion as Bridgeport isn’t a destination for clubbing. I’ve avoided that area, but who am I to judge, as I club in Irvington and Paterson.
  • felipe609
    3 years ago
    As I said North Jersey is my go-to zone. The few times I have gone to Bridgeport, I have found the clubs to be comparable to Paterson or Irvington.

Which brings me to my question. I mean, I am not sure if the reviews actually are that useful now. The last time I checked, only one club had been reviewed since last year, which makes me think that the others are closed. (Except that at least one is hiring bartenders on its Facebook page.) If you go to look at the reviews of several Jersey clubs, you would get the idea that many really suck. I mean, read the last review for Vic's. But I am not sure if that is because they suck or because there are fewer reviews and the reviews might not be represenative.

But, oh wel....
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I guess felipe doesn’t know what to do...

Maybe you should make a decision.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Felipe, B'port is not that big, nor are the clubs terribly far apart. If one club sucks just move on to the next one. In fact knowing that a particular club is bad would be good Intel - feel free to contribute a bit instead of just coming here hat in hand.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Ok I saw after that you have 30 reviews, so my last comment was not fair. But everything else holds. B'port is not a typical travel destination for most on here, so unless you get very lucky you may need to TOFTT. I do normally pass through there a few times per year, but not since COVID. I expect to be back there later this year, so if you don't want to risk it check back in about 5 months LOL.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Felipe (and anyone else interested) I just posted reviews of two B'port clubs that have not been reviewed since COVID hit. Hopefully they will be published soon. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to visit Ruby since it is now closed on Mon-Tu nights, which should say something about the state of affairs here.

I'll leave off with this simple message: It's not completely horrible, but I would not travel far out of my way just to club here. Maybe if you want to get a condom knob polish at PM, but not so much for the supposedly better clubs.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "...so my last comment was not fair."

Rick did the mea culpa already, but I try to hold fire until I see how long they've been around the site. After I said "felipe who?" to myself I checked. But on that note, COVID seems to have brought a lot of the longtime lurkers out of the woodwork. Welcome to the TUSCL boards, fellas.
  • felipe609
    3 years ago
    Just a note. I think that there are different levels of use of TUSCL. Some people post on the discussion board all the time, and write a bunch of reviews. (Of course, others seem to post discussions all the time and never seem to post a review.) For me, I don't have the time or the interest to spend a lot of time following discussions, especially if they do not have much to do with what I am interested in. But I find the reviews useful, and try to post my share (not just to get VIP status, but to contribute my knowledge.)

So if you do not frequent the clubs I like to review, you've probably never heard of me. Which is fine, but it is not the same thing as just wanting to get info for free. I do post on the boards when I have a question that doesn't seem to have been dealt with in the reviews.

Bridgeport is not really my regular stomping ground (which is actually North Jersey, where I live), but sometimes I get bored and want to go somewhere else, especially when I have a work-related reason to do so. I suppose that it says something about me, but I like the clubs to be found in Irvington, Newark, Paterson...and Bridgeport. I realize they are not to everybody's taste, which is also fine.

Thanks for those who responded with info on Bridgeport.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Felipe, understood and I did the whole mea culpa thing already about falsely accusing you of not contributing. If you write reviews, you contribute. Bottom line is that I would not make a special trip from Jersey to B'port right now given what I saw last week unless PM is your sorta' thing. It's not mine, so I would personally pass, but to each his own.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion