tuscl

Clubs that charge to make change.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
It's bad enough that they rip you off with service charges to use their ATM machines but I've seen and heard stories of them charging you to make change. I've seen the men's room troll charge for selling you a stack of one's for making it rain. I have also seen waitresses go to their lockers for 100 one's. I don't know how much they are charging but I'm going to guess 10%. I always go to the clubs with enough change that I never need to ask. I'm sure the teller at the bank wonders what I do with all that change.

How much have you paid?

12 comments

• whodey
    3 years ago
    I've seen places that charge 10% to give singles but like you I always bring plenty of 1s and 5s with me for tipping. The only thing I hate more than paying for my money is clubs that give out club money as change instead of real money.

The next most annoying thing I remember seeing as far as getting change for tipping was a club in Dayton that would only give $2 bills instead of 1s for any change.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I've read reviews of places like that but I've never personally ran into that problem although I rarely tip on stage thus I rarely ask for $1s.

In the small black clubs I used to hit when clubbing I learned that tipping on stage didn't have a strong correlation in the girl subsequently stopping by - in those black clubs tipping is often seen different as most guys that tip usually don't necessarily want dances and just like throwing $$$ on the stage.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I doubt that I'd ever pay a fee to get 1$
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The few clubs I've read about that do this are usually black make-it-rain clubs - but today there was a review submitted of BT's Dearborn where the reviewer stated being charged for getting $1s and AFAIK that's not a black make-it-rain club
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Shadow... "I'm sure the teller at the bank wonders what I do with all that change."

I always say I'm having a garage sale, even in the middle of winter. They don't ask questions. Lol
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Platinum Plus in Greenville used to give all change in $2 bills. They said it was to show the effect they had on the local economy.

Uncle Leo made a concerted effort to shut them down. Coincidence or did the local church ladies cringe at all the $2 bill they got in change, knowing they had been put in some stripper's garter by their husbands?
  • joewebber
    3 years ago
    if it's later in the shift, the dancers will gladly be able to change out their ones for bigger bills.
  • ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    My take is a bit different. The clubs that I have attended don't charge change fees. However, when I get $20 or $40 in change from a bartender, I'll tip $1 or $2 respectively. I treat that like any other service that I get. I think that it's just polite and it has the benefit of making sure I have the bartender's attention for the rest of the night.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    All of the Platinum Plus clubs gave change in $2 bills in an effort to increase tips. I was driving back from the Columbia SC PP and decided to take a break and stopped at the Discotheque Lounge in Augusta. The bar tender wouldn't accept my $2 bills for payment of my drink because she did not have a place for them in her cash register. She didn't get a tip.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Being charged for our own .only is nothing new. Atm fees credit card fees etc. Use cash and keep your money. Bring your own change
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Buy drinks and ask for change in 1s
  • Electronman
    3 years ago
    Some of the clubs in the Deja Vu chain have started charging 10% to make change. Stupid idea as it discourages customers from purchasing 1's to tip the dancers. One of many stupid ideas from the Deja Vu management team.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion