tuscl

Follies Atlanta coming back?

I have been going to follies for years. It was by far the best club in Atlanta. Is there any way we can help it bring it back. I wish the county understood how much it helped to create business/jobs and people in general to have an outlet.

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    One a locale/city decides it doesn't want strip-clubs, it's pretty much over and done with.

I can't think of a club that made more $$$ than Follies pretty-much 7-days-a-week (while simultaneously not investing a huge amount of $$$ into a fancy club) - part of me thinks/hopes that is too-much-mula for the owners to walk away from and not try to keep making mula like that in a new club - but then again maybe they have already made the $$$ they wanted and may not want to deal with a club going forward?
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    People keep talking about Follies like it was a dump. It had above average trim and a pretty sensible layout considering how many people were crammed into it at peak hours. Now the last time I was there the couch in the upper VIP booth on the right was broken down and missing a cushion on the back (plus I might've left it worse than I found it) but overall the place was pretty decent. I've been to clubs where the nicer broken down couch was flipped upside down until it was time to get to work so the uninformed would think it was totally busted.

If we say the legit GCs are 8 and up for layout and decor, I'd say Follies was a 7. Maybe even a 7.5 because I liked their stages set up like catwalks all around the club. All the other stuff about the old Follies being deader than fried chicken is probably true. The ATL crew will have their say on the latest whenever they're on again.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    They continue to fight in federal court, but things are not looking good.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I always ask my PL-self if strip-clubs stuck to the boondocks or industrial-areas and mostly out-of-sight, would they be left more alone (IMO custies would still go if it was a good club)
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Papi that is a good idea as long as they stay close enough to make sure an Uber or cab is still cheap since so many people drink when they club. Some of the funnest dive clubs I have been to have been out in the boondocks or just off a random interstate exit not near a major city or heavily populated residential area.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    To thrive, strip clubs need 2 things: (1) Owners who know how to bribe the cops and politicians and (2) cops and politicians who will accept the bribes. The City of Detroit lost the second requirement with the last election. RIP Penthouse. Long live the suburbs around the airport.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^^^ juice would add a cook in the kitchen that makes chackin fangers is also required for a club to thrive.
  • crosscheck
    3 years ago
    Papi - part of the problem with that is that some places that are the boondocks don't necessarily stay the boondocks. Ten years out they're an "exurb", twenty years out they're a suburb, and the folks in charge don't want a strip club in their hood and do everything they can to get rid of it.
  • JA1
    3 years ago
    I am orignal poster, so it seems Follies is not coming back. What are the other comparable clubs in terms of girls, price, ambience, amount of touch allowed during lap dance(like follies. You don't need no vip lol)
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ Club Platinum seems the closest to Follies vibe but it's not Follies
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    Talk about a clickbait thread title. Got my hopes up there for a minute. Follies was always on my to do list, but I never made it before they closed unfortunately.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Could post a new thread:

Title: Follies set to reopen Saturday, May 22nd?

Post Body: NO! Get over it!
  • JA1
    3 years ago
    Thank Papi. I will checkout Club Platinum
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion