tuscl

One of Jacksonville's finest. No reviews in 3 years.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Two Jacksonville eateries were temporarily shut down last week by the Department of Business and Professional Regulations after inspectors discovered major health code violations.

Mascara, an adult entertainment club on Southside Boulevard, was shut down with 12 violations. The restaurant report showed the inspector found five dead roaches and 31 live ones, most of them underneath the bar counter.

The club scored another high-priority violation for having boric acid roach powder on the floor in the kitchen. Other violations included a soiled microwave and the presence of a mold-like substance in an ice bin.

At the follow-up inspection the next day, the inspector’s report shows 16 more live roaches were found. The club remained closed until Tuesday, when it scored a perfect inspection, with no violations found.

7 comments

• gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Awww, looks like ricky's going to have to find someplace else to victimize dancers when he's slumming.
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Gam's stupidity flow like water from thread to thread. But at least he's consistent. 😉
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    @Shadow: It probably hasn't been reviewed in 3 years because it's a black club. And when I say black, I mean not particularly welcoming to white patrons. Everything hanging on the walls in the club clearly hint at black empowerment and even the bartenders only grudgingly serve white guys, at least based upon my last experience there. Before my visit there 5-6 years ago it had been a very long time since I actually felt uncomfortable in a strip club, but I felt like I needed eyes in the back of my head in that place.
  • busta_nut
    3 years ago
    Rick is correct.. and for food they used to have portable BBQ smoker truck or food trucks in parking lot. Hell I know black guys that would not even go in there.. It is in within 100 yards of Passions, which is the sister club for Wackos.
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    From Yelp (female reviewer):

OMG, this place don't even desire 1 star are you serious this is the wack ASS wanna be strip club these HOES was tired for what don't know... NO BODY in there got shapes or can dance the DJ is sorry as F**k like come on mannnn. This is a small hole in the joint that need to be closed down like fore real I come from a city with baddd bitches THESE HOES HAIR, NAILS, TOES nothing was done lol smh. Save your time and money.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I visited this club back in 2014 and didn’t find it too-bad – for me the worse part was that it was a bikini-club so clothed-dances – I didn’t find it that ghetto and the dancers looked better than similar small-black-clubs I hit – they did have a serious pat-down outside b/f you stepped a single-foot in the building – the building was split in two with one side being Mascaras strip-club and the other side being a nightclub (I imagine owned by the same folks) – I found the décor, vibe, and dancers, a bit better than the avg black club I hit bu then again this was 7-years-ago.

The scary black club I hit on that Jacksonville visit was the now-closed Silver Foxx – that shit was Ghetto with a capital ‘G’ – it was seedy AF and the staff looked like f’ing ex-cons and dancers were unfriendly and the vibe just sucked and I’m used to hitting small-black-clubs – I genuinely felt uncomfortable/unsafe – and they wouldn’t even let you enter the main-room unless you bought a drink in the lobby although AFAIK they had a bar(s) in the main-room (and they didn’t ask nicely; it was more of a demand if not a threat about buying a drink in order to enter the main-room) – AFAIK there’d been a couple of shootings/murders at Silver Foxx and that may have been the nail-in-the-coffin w.r.t. its closure.
  • busta_nut
    3 years ago
    Papi you are correct about the Silver Fox.. i actually had the son of the former owners work for me for a while not that long ago..

About Mascaras.. they had a shooting in the parking lot club area years ago that pretty much sealed their fate...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion