tuscl

Saying f*g is an instant ban on mainstream social media

Of all the "controversial" things I've said on "mainstream" social media, the things that have gotten me permanently banned are use of the words "fag" or "faggot."

I was banned for life on Twitter almost instantly about a year ago for calling someone a fag. The algorithm immediately locked me out of my account for life.

Tonight I have been suspended for at least 24 hours from Facebook for saying "faggot." The algorithm acted in under a minute locking me out.

I grew up using these words. They were as natural as breathing in my day. I have no intention of censoring myself. Big Social Media can go stick its fingers in its loose butt.

26 comments

• datinman
    3 years ago
    Did you try explaining that you are gay and allowed to use the F-word?
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    As time goes on things that were always inappropriate but generally tolerated become no longer acceptable. Yes, during these times cancel culture and every label people giveunder the sun seems to be on the chopping block. This may seem extreme at times but like it or not the world is changing and if you don’t want to get cancelled yourself you will need to change with it. Twitter already cancelled you, who will do it next?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Soon enough people will be cancelled and they can form their own networks. One day conservatives will wake up to our collective economic power and start really boycotting the left.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    What about "homo?" I mean, it's just a short version of "homosexual" which last time I checked is the grammatically correct term for a fudge packer.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    The correct terms is turd boxer, jeez.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    If it’s really important to you to use the word fag and get banned from social media, nobody should stop you.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    If it makes you feel better, using any phrase that states “I hate men” or “men are__” is also flagged by the zuckerbots I know of a couple of private groups where the admin has to give stern warnings to the whole group not get the page shut down.

Given some previous posts you have made, I feel like that would be some kind of consolation.
  • BBBC
    3 years ago
    I don't see why, I love the words fag and faggot! I love loose assholes too because my cock fits better! Why don't you cum over tonite and try me out Dave? We gay guys have no rules! Ask RickDugan 😉
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    A lot of it is definitely bots. My BBQ group has recommended we not use ‘pig’ in posts and instead use ‘pork’ because the bots are suspending posts and pages for using ‘pig.’ The AI needs to get better.
  • BumHip
    3 years ago
    Private companies can set their own terms of service. They can ban whomever they like, for anything they like. The 1st Amendment does not apply in this situation. If you disagree, you can take it to the courts. There is a system in place to deal with things like this. Good news for those that feel they have been wronged by their social network of choice may be comforted to know that if their case reaches the highest court in the land, the majority of the justices may agree with you. I say go for it! Have you tried actually doing something about your grievances, or do you just whine to strip club hobbyist's about it?
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    So if I post that I bought a faggot of wood at Walmart for only $5.99 I would be banned for life? That's it, no firewood bargain posts from me any more.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    3 years ago
    Welcome to the Internet and Facebook in 2021. Gen Z gets triggered by literally anything, even looking at one triggers one. Hence, why there are so many restrictions and red flags placed on certain words. Use f4g or fagg0t next time. The numbers (and emojis) make it past the Facebook algorithm. "Men are" is a popular red flagged term on Facebook. So, I say "m3n", use the word for men in a different language, or use an emoji to substitute.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    1 l0v3 p|_|55¥

See I can say it and not get into trouble
  • georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    Most of the people I see complaining about being cancelled are really just upset that they're getting called out for using hurtful racial, sexual, and bigoted slurs without repercussion like they were once able to do.

Now, if one is referring to bundles of sticks, or cigarettes, when using words such as the OP posted, I'll be in one's corner. Otherwise, suck it up, buttercup.
  • Musterd21
    3 years ago
    We do live in different times today. You are racist if you’re w h I t e automatically!

Cheers!
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    One time and banned for life is pretty harsh, especially when you consider the typos people always make and don't bother proof reading.

That guy loves to watch basketball - he's been a fag all his life. (fan)
    That guy has a lot of money - he always carries a fag wallet. (fat)
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I farted
  • Heellover
    3 years ago
    Its a good thing a and o are far apart on the keyboard. What if there's a lot of fog somewhere and you take a picture and just have to post about it?... And you make a really dumb error. I mean 24 hours is one thing but life is a whole different story. Thom brenneman has no excuse because he actually said it. And he wasn't meaning to say the fog capital of the world. I doubt there is such a thing and if there was, you couldn't see anything anyway because there would always be too much fog.
  • pistola
    3 years ago
    Next time say ‘dude has a propensity for enjoying lukewarm cum slurpees’ and you should be good.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    I am never sad when I think about having no social media presence.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Ya I was like oh I can't even get banned on something I'm not on 😁
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Doesnt fag mean cigarette or cigarette butt anyway? Shit that would be my excuse. "O it's not what u think it is O.M.G."
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    ^

Yeah like saying cjkent is a fag really means he's a cigarette, Lol
    Yeah fag for cigarette is another one of those words that the original meaning meant something else.
    Another example, gay used to mean joyous or carefree.
  • TheElmerFudd
    3 years ago
    Democracy at work. Everyone says whatever they want. Everyone else can react to that however they want. And we can all complain about the reactions. And so on
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    An incel calling someone a fag.....
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    "I am never sad when I think about having no social media presence."

Do you mean skibum609 or the person who plays skibum609 on a public discussion forum?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion