tuscl

S.O.S.

JuiceBox69
Fucking on Young N Dumb Chicken Heads
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 3:21 AM
Aka Shit on Shingles is one of my favorite depression eara recipes from the military Toast with hash and gravy What is your favorite depression erea recipes ? Just incase all these stimiulus dont work amd shit collapse we should at least have nice meals to get by on

9 comments

• doctorevil
    3 years ago
    I love S.O.S. It doesn't include hash. It's chipped beef or hamburger in gravy on toast. Best served with an egg over easy on top.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Used to buy S.O.S in the frozen section in college. It was a slice of beef in lots of gravy in boiling bag. Poured it over a slide of bread. Probably the equivalent of a $1.50 meal today, including the bread.
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    lol
  • JuiceBox69
    3 years ago
    Hell yeah im gonna do it doc evil style with a sunnie side up egg sounds fucking orgasmic
  • RTP
    3 years ago
    SOS included venison when and where I grew up. Chipped beef is a big step up in my book.
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    Smash that like button!
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    Like!
  • rl27
    3 years ago
    I heard about that from many of my relatives who fought in WW II and Korea especially. Many of them hated it, but a lot of them liked it, and ate it regularly until the day they died. One common one I heard from people who grew up in the depression in both sides of my family was Grilled bell peppers and onion sandwich cooked in olive oil, water and vinegar, the peppers and onions came fresh from their victory garden. Which from the pictures all of them were huge gardens sometimes spread out over multiple yards, making enough to feed dozens of families.
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    My dad was significantly older than my mom, was teenager during great depression, and grew up on farm in midwest. He would take pork and beans from can, put it on on slice of bread and sprinkle pepper. Not fabulous but tastes better than it sounds.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion