tuscl

How big/small is the whole movement, "American men going abroad to date/marry?

PS: I don't mean to offend anyone. I am only asking since you guys give insightful answers.

Online I see many forums/groups/youtube of men who left American to either hook up with foreign women or find a long partner. I've seen it across all ethnic groups, including white, black, hispanic, and asian. I wonder how big or small is this whole movement? Is it a niche community, or is it something that many men are trying.

Usually, most of these guys will write something like this to promote their lifestyle:

"I used to be a shy, nerdy guy in America and never dated nor had casual sex. I was tired of my life there. American women were X, Y, and Z. I was making a decent income, but I felt that America was holding me back from achieving my dating and professional goals. I have heard of other guys who left America and became successful, but I was still doubtful. One day, I decided to "take the plunge' and go to EE, SEA, or LA for a month and try it out. It's been a few years now, and I have become a ROCKSTAR. I have tons of casual sex and even have one woman who I see long-term. I also have my six-figure location independent business. If you are interested in this lifestyle, message me."

Haha, or something along those lines. It's funny how all these guys who similar stories or promote the same lifestyle. I believe some might be successful and can find more "traditional" women, but others might be saying hyperbolic claims.

16 comments

• shailynn
    4 years ago
    Somebody posted something about this awhile back and I viewed some YouTube videos about American guys living abroad. First off the majority of these guys were so socially awkward the only way they are pulling any ass in those countries is because they are an American and as pointed out here previously, a middle-class guy here is nothing special but in somewhere like Thailand or Vietnam he’s a rock star. His somewhat modest American income instantly turns him into a “rich” person over there.

If I was a single guy with nothing to lose yeah it sounds intriguing but then again if you watch one episode of 90 day fiancée it may change your mind. If not watch 2 episodes and it’ll definitely change your mind.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Here are a couple of links:

https://ifstudies.org/blog/the-us-divorc…
    ^the summary of this is that divorce is trending down overall, and has been since 2008, but most of the people even getting married in the first place are the college educated, higher income people.

https://www.goerie.com/entertainmentlife…
    ^This is to hi-light that when divorces do happen, it’s more likely among older people.

As of now, I’ll say it’s most likely a very low movement. Marriage and relationships are more stable for those Americans with the means to hang out in foreign countries for a decent length of time. And the have-nots will have a harder time getting abroad in the first place.

Oh yeah, and add in rising nationalism and post-COVID travel restrictions because I think it’s still up in the air if easy movement between counties will be a thing for a few years.

• shailynn
    4 years ago
    Speaking about divorce I still can’t believe anyone would ever divorce San Jose Guy and jackslash, those two always seemed like a real catch to me...
  • Salty.Nutz
    4 years ago
    if you do get married abroad and bring her back to the USA what are your chances of filing for divorce??? i would say very high
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    EE, SEA, and LA are all played out at this point. All the guys in the know are now going to Somalia. Great beaches and truly impoverished women. Book a flight soon!
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    —>“[Man going their own way, they take the black pill, they improve themselves...”

Black pill? I thought it was red pill? Dang BBBC must be more pervasive than I thought
  • Beat100
    4 years ago
    @heaving
    It's interesting. What I mean is that I think I'm
    more of left brain dominant person in which I don't get bored talking about similar topics. In which I always enjoy talking
    about similar topics since I get to learn maybe a little bit more about the topic.Maybe you are a right brain dominant person?
    Every once in a while in different forums I run into a guy like you who will tell, "Hey man, you talk about similar things."
    My theory is that their brain seeks novelty. My brain mind seek more and more clarification.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    If I ever think about settling down, I am definitely thinking about looking abroad why not? Women in a lot of countries just seem to view men differently. Plus I'm trying engage in some sort of polygamy (like 20 or so) and I don't think a lot of American women would be to accepting of it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    A guy that "scores" in an impoverished country is like the guy that "scores" in a strip club - it's his wallet scoring not him
  • Michigan
    4 years ago
    I used to travel a lot internationally to Asia. As well as many of my fellow engineers at work. A lot of them found Asian wives.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    What do you expect? We got women on Only Fans asking for money for selfies not wanting to put out. Dancers sitting on their phones in clubs almost the whole shift. Dancers asking where they can work where men throw money at them for doing nothing. Then this whole body image thing where you can call a woman fat when she should be eating more lettuce. The hipster pussified males can have these hoes, some of us want thots that can cook a meal and give a real bj.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    This discussion and Spice's comment made me think about the alleged falling marriage rate in America. While marriage is falling the real story is that upper class and upper middle class people marry at the same rate they have throughout history, while poor people have decided that marriage is worthless commitment. Sad and I see it every day. Always ask how having a child with someone isn't a commitment. Of course you can get out of a marriage, but you cannot give back a kid, so its a dumb choice. Poor people make choices that create poverty, because for women especially the only difference between divorcing the Father of your kids and leaving them is simple: in both cases u get child support, but in divorce you get medical insurance, half the assets, half the pension and possibly alimony; none of which you get from the baby Daddy. No matter the jobs 2 married people with kids always have more money than 2 unmarried people with kids.
  • Beat100
    4 years ago
    @skim
    Don't you think then that these guys are doing the right thing, at least for themselves as individuals? If they were going to have no chance in America. They might as
    well try to live and marry in a more traditional society.Maybe their chance of success might be higher.
  • rickthelion
    4 years ago
    This rick has two observations about the “shy, nerdy” American hairless ape that appears to be bragging about a six-figure business...

First, six figures is not necessarily that incredible. Second, the way said ape wrote that makes me suspicious that he does not actually have a six-figure business.

Unless it is in Mexican Pesos. ROAR!!!
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    So instead of lowering their standards to a more appropriate match, revolting nerds are seeking relationships abroad where their money and power over women can be leveraged farther. I get the occasional trip to get laid, but a fucking relationship? If you can't find someone within 30 miles of you, you are either too picky or live in a shithole

Does anyone watch 90 day fiance and think "aw those two are going to make it!"
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Don't you think then that these guys are doing the right thing, at least for themselves as individuals ..."

I think so - the alternative is likely worse - I just push back on the ones that all of a sudden think/claim they are some kinda casanova b/c women with minimal choices/opportunities are giving them the time of day.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion