tuscl

Could someone please explain to me why providing photo ID to vote is racist

Thursday, April 1, 2021 2:13 PM
[view link] Now we're moving to get the MLB All star game out of Atlanta over this? Is that what we're seriously doing? I'm all ears just explain to me why that this is about race. I'm willing to change sides I just completely don't get it. To me if your unable to simply produce photo identification, if we can't simply get past that very, very simple obstacle then maybe we shouldn't be having a say in country's direction. Baby steps here. Call me crazy.

86 comments

• Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    This entire voting bill has turned bat shit crazy! The ID thing makes sense. That doesn’t seem racist. I understand they want to make voting as simple as possible. When voting by mail - it’s important to read the instructions. When voting in person - it’s important to read the instructions too. Providing your ID protects the voter. If folks waiting in line are swayed by someone offering them a drink or a sandwich - they don’t have strongly held beliefs in the first place. I see no issue with allowing the voters to be offered food. If they offer chacken fangers and a side of BBQ - Juice might be first in line!
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    I will explain it to you; It is in our American past, present and future. “A terrible and bloody Civil War freed enslaved Americans. The Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution (1868) granted African Americans the rights of citizenship. However, this did not always translate into the ability to vote. Black voters were systematically turned away from state polling places. To combat this problem, Congress passed the Fifteenth Amendment in 1870. It says: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude. Yet states still found ways to circumvent the Constitution and prevent blacks from voting. Poll taxes, literacy tests, fraud and intimidation all turned African Americans away from the polls. Until the Supreme Court struck it down in 1915, many states used the "grandfather clause " to keep descendents of slaves out of elections. The clause said you could not vote unless your grandfather had voted -- an impossibility for most people whose ancestors were slaves. This unfair treatment was debated on the street, in the Congress and in the press. A full fifty years after the Fifteenth Amendment passed, black Americans still found it difficult to vote, especially in the South. “What a Colored Man Should Do to Vote", lists many of the barriers African American voters faced. The fight for African American suffrage raged on for decades. In the 1930s one Georgia man described the situation this way: "Do you know I've never voted in my life, never been able to exercise my right as a citizen because of the poll tax? ... I can't pay a poll tax, can't have a voice in my own government." Many brave and impassioned Americans protested, marched, were arrested and even died working toward voting equality. In 1963 and 1964, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. brought hundreds of black people to the courthouse in Selma, Alabama to register. When they were turned away, Dr. King organized and led protests that finally turned the tide of American political opinion. In 1964 the Twenty-fourth Amendment prohibited the use of poll taxes. In 1965, the Voting Rights Act directed the Attorney General to enforce the right to vote for African Americans. The 1965 Voting Rights Act created a significant change in the status of African Americans throughout the South. The Voting Rights Act prohibited the states from using literacy tests and other methods of excluding African Americans from voting. Prior to this, only an estimated twenty-three percent of voting-age blacks were registered nationally, but by 1969 the number had jumped to sixty-one percent. Today, and in the near future, getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly. “Many Americans do not have one of the forms of identification states acceptable for voting. These voters are disproportionately low-income, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities. Such voters more frequently have difficulty obtaining ID, because they cannot afford or cannot obtain the underlying documents that are a prerequisite to obtaining government-issued photo ID card." The costs associated for voters seeking a photo ID is again a “poll tax,” a return to fees that some Southern states used to disenfranchise blacks during the Jim Crow era of laws enforcing racial segregation between the late 1800s through 1965. Only British are more racist than Americans, because the British father the Americans. You are welcome.
  • Daddillac
    3 years ago
    So what percentage of people have no government issued ID... I understand your lecture on history, however I am concerned with the here and now. There seems to be an awful lot of times that a photo ID is required for it to be this big of an issue. These people cannot buy guns, they cannot hold many jobs, they cannot fly, etc... My guess is that if they wanted a govt photo id they could get one, this is just political posturing by both sides
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    It’s simple. All republican voters have IDs, some Democrat voters do not. There’s your “for” and “against” argument.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Daddillac Today, here and now, and in the near future, in America getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly. At least 20% of the people in America falls in a combination of black, brown and poor, uneducated.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Laws to limit the black vote may not seem racist on the surface but may be racist in practice. Before the Voting Rights Act of 1965, many Southern states imposed "literacy tests." What's wrong with that? Well, the racist white officials in the South made sure that black people always failed the test (and white people were exempt from the test under "grandfather" laws.) Today, some states (North and South) are trying to limit the black vote in new ways--ID cards, long lines, even making it illegal to provide water to voters standing in the long lines (that just "happen" to be in black neighborhoods.) Most people do have government ID, but black and poor people are more likely not to have them.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I don’t like politics or politicians in general. If the “Uniter in Chief” inserts himself and his politics and MLB succumbs and allows him pollute sports (a true common and unifying interest of many people) then I’m done with MLB.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    CJ you are fucking liar. You need an ID to collect benefits; get on a plane; get housing, so the idea that its an issue, when such ID's are in their possession already is something to titillate the ignorant base of the democratic party, but anyone with an education knows it's bullshit. mail in voting = cheating - end of fucking story bruh.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    If it's so hard for these people to identify themselves to vote then why is it so easy to identify themselves to get a stimulus check?
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    Georgia already requires ID to vote in person. New law requires the number on that ID to be submitted to vote absentee
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “Laws to limit the black vote may not seem racist on the surface but may be racist in practice.” ~ jackslash ~ older strip club customer, dancers often tell him he resemble a movie star. The movie star is Woody Allen.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    13 Minutes Ago “Laws to limit the black vote may not seem racist on the surface but may be racist in practice.” ~ jackslash ~ older strip club customer, dancers often tell him he resemble a movie star. The movie star is Woody Allen.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Yeah I don’t get it either with the complaining about IDs. If you want to do any kind of online work, even just selling things on Amazon, you have to take a photo of your ID and upload it. Airbnb requires ID as well. Nobody goes after them for being racist. The really wild thing about the ID is not only how permissive things are with voting, but practically encouraged. It was actively being encouraged to non-Colorado residents to vote in Colorado the last election. You didn’t even need to provide address when registering. And several individuals I know did just that. I’m all against elitism but I thought that was a bit far lol. It would be hilarious if during the next election, encourage a bunch of republicans to vacation in Colorado, vote red, and leave. Things would probably change really quick. 😈
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Biden’s a stupid piece of shit for bringing politics into MLB’s allstar game. Or it could be he’s just stupid and says things off the cuff when asked a question about things like moving the Allstar game. Or he could be a pos for purposely driving that wedge into baseball fans for partisan politics. Either way, I went from ambivalent to hating the guy.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The bill simply opposes the legalized cheating they will try to pass on the Federal level. Quite frankly, none of the changes in voting due to Covid were constitutional in the first place, as ex post facto laws are unconstitutional. Once an election is set, the rules cannot be changed until the next one, well in a real country it would be. This goes hand in hand with illegal immigration because the more poor people that you have communty activists voting on behalf of, the more power you get, until the next civil war.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “Seriously, I think we may need to have the civil war again, I am not sure they got it, I feel that is like beating a drunk in an alley, and they wake up and say “I am ready come back”...” ~ Kathleen Madigan ~ Born: September 30, 1965 Florissant, MO ~ “Civil War Again” ~ Bothering Jesus is Billboards #1 comedy album in the world, ~ Published on Mar 1, 2018 [view link]
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    On the 15th of every month, every single business entity in the U.S. has to pay their payroll taxes. All done online. Secured by using your S.S.# or FEIN#, a PIN#, and a password. Money transferred out of your bank account instantly. Now does anyone actually believe the Government, (even at the State and local levels), couldn't create a convenient, secure, and accurate way for every legal voter in the Country to cast their ballot if that was the goal?
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I stopped reading CJ’s posts. They are primarily quotes from others. I don’t find it useful to regurgitate what others have said.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    @nicespice “Yeah I don’t get it either with the complaining about IDs. If you want to do any kind of online work, even just selling things on Amazon, you have to take a photo of your ID and upload it. Airbnb requires ID as well. Nobody goes after them for being racist. The really wild thing about the ID is not only how permissive things are with voting, but practically encouraged.” Up until here, I’d managed to resist posting in this trollbait but this point brought me in. There’s a significant difference between being able to vote and having ID. Huge. The biggest. Voting is a constitutional right. Having a driver’s license, a passport or selling things on Amazon is a privilege. Everyone should be able to vote if they are legal. It should be EASIER than doing any of those things. Not harder. That’s different than compromising a secure election. You don’t need to drive to live in a city so you shouldn’t be forced to go through the six month process of getting a drivers license to vote, the cost of getting a car to take your road test, etc. It’s your right to vote. Requiring a picture and reducing the number of polling places disadvantages “poor people who live in cities” which is in a practical effect, people who aren’t white. In Maryland, your voter registration card can be your ID. To be fair, I heard Gov Kemp say the bill provided for free picture voting ID. If that’s correct and without other impediments, then it’s a good aspect of the bill.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Who says you have to get a drivers license to vote? Every state issues non-driving IDs. But thanks for singling out the female ethnic minority in this this thread to come after, white man . 🙂
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Did some reading on the subject. A major reason for longer lines in predominantly A-A areas is the high frequency of filling out provisional ballots because of lack of ID. This holds up the lines for everyone. By far the most common form of ID is a Driver's License. A-A's are much less likely to have a license because they are less likely to be drivers. They either live in a city (more common for A-A's) or cannot afford a car and have no need for a license. "In Orange County, Calif., about 92 percent of white voters had driver’s licenses, compared with only 84 percent of Latino voters and 81 percent of “other” voters. A 2005 study of Wisconsin similarly found that while about 80 percent of white residents had licenses, only about half of African-American and Hispanic residents had licenses." (It is not clear how SS and other benefits are processed, but I know SS, Medicare and Medicaid ID's do not have photos. A guess is that birth certificates or some other form of ID are used on a one-time basis to establish such services.) Then I found this tidbit in a Wisconsin study about people with Driver's Licenses: "The Wisconsin study found that an estimated 8 percent of Hispanic adults and 17 percent of African-American adults had no current license but had a recent suspension or revocation. Almost half of suspended driver’s licenses were due to failure to pay outstanding fines, which may explain why poor people are less likely to have licenses." So putting all this together: African Americans are poor, so they can't or won't pay their traffic tickets, so they lose their licenses which are their only form of ID, so they have to fill out provisional ballots and and that causes the line to jam up at predominantly African American polling places. So let's defund the police so they don't get traffic tickets and don't lose their licenses and that will make voting lines shorter. Sigh. There are provisions of the Georgia law that restrict efforts to get out the vote that were predominantly used by African American churches. - The churches would organize bus and shuttle service from Sunday services to early voting polling places. The Georgia law restricts Sunday voting. - Because of the longer lines (see above) the churches would organize water and snack distribution in the long lines. This is now explicitly prohibited. - Because of the long lines (see above) African American voters could not as easily miss time from work. They took advantage of absentee/early voting.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    If you really wanna get concerned about people who may be disadvantaged, maybe make it so that states don’t have to require an address to have an ID (like one of the dakotas does, forget which one), and I would be all for that—but there is nothing trollish about suggesting somebody have an ID *somewhere* and that is the state they can vote in end of story.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    A bit more on this. Georgia already required (before the new law) you to have a form of state ID to vote other than in person. So I don't see how this has really changed. From the web site for the November election. You had to type in your identification number. "Follow the portal prompts to request your ballot online. You will need submit your first and last name, date of birth, driver's license or state-issued identification number, county of residence, address, phone number, and email address. For primary elections, you will need to request a Democrat, Republican, or Non-Partisan ballot."
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    This is generally a red herring put forth by the losers of this past election, they know their time is up and they are stalling and trying to get as much as they can while they are on their way out.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^Yep, 25. 2020 had republicans mad about IDs. 2016 had Democrats mad about the electoral college process. It would be nicer if this stuff was brought up on its own merits, but since that doesn’t happen it’s whatever. 🍿
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “America sucks and needs to be dismantled.” ~ Papi_Chulo, TUSCL, August 14, 2020 ~ White (Cuban) guy residing in Miami, FL ^ Sad but so true Papi. ~ Warrior15, TUSCL, August 14, 2020 ~ Just a Monger looking for some Action.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    “CJKent_band is a dildo” ~ San Jose Guy, TUSCL, January 7, 2020
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    @spice “ Who says you have to get a drivers license to vote? Every state issues non-driving IDs. But thanks for singling out the female ethnic minority in this this thread to come after, white man . 🙂” You’re right, you didn’t say DL. It’s the typical argument that it’s so easy to produce ID, usually a DL, but that disfavors the poor. That was the point I was trying to make and didn’t intentionally mean to point my finger in your face. And as you know, I’m not white, just mostly white. 😆
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "OH MY! @ my brother cjkent when you are not posting what someone else said your comments are so forced and robotic you appear to be a real stiff in life and not in the good way. :( You are putting an excessive strain on my desire and ability to love all my brothers! :(( SJG" ~ San_jose_Gay April 1, 2021
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    "When haters go after your looks and differences, it means they have nowhere left to go. And then you know you're winning!" ~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg ~ Born 3 January 2003 Stockholm, Sweden Titles and Awards: * TIME'S 25 most influential teens of 2018, December 2018, an annual list compiled by Time magazine of the most influential teenagers in the world that year.[196] * Fryshuset scholarship, 2018, for Young Role Model of the Year. * Nobel Peace Prize nomination, 2019, by three deputies of the Norwegian parliament. Again in 2020 by two Swedish lawmakers. * Swedish Woman of the Year (Årets Svenska Kvinna), March 2019, awarded by the Swedish Women's Educational Association to "a Swedish woman who, through her accomplishments, has represented and brought attention to the Sweden of today in the greater world". * Rachel Carson Prize, March 2019, awarded to a woman who has distinguished herself in outstanding work for the environment in Norway or internationally. * Goldene Kamera film and television awards, March 2019, special Climate Action Award. Thunberg dedicated the prize to the activists protesting against the destruction of the Hambach Forest, which is threatened by lignite mining. * Fritt Ord Award, April 2019, shared with Natur og Ungdom, which "celebrates freedom of speech". Thunberg donated her share of the prize money to a lawsuit seeking to halt Norwegian oil exploration in the Arctic. * TIME 100, April 2019, by Time magazine, an annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world for that year. * Laudato si' Prize, April 2019, awarded under the second encyclical of Pope Francis, "on care for our common home". * Doctor honoris causa (honorary doctorate), May 2019, conferred by the Belgian, University of Mons for "contribution...to raising awareness on sustainable development." * Ambassador of Conscience Award, June 2019, Amnesty International's most prestigious award, for her leadership in the climate movement, shared with Fridays for Future. * The Geddes Environment Medal, July 2019, by the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, for "an outstanding practical, research or communications contribution to conservation and protection of the natural environment and the development of sustainability". * Honorary Fellowship of the Royal Scottish Geographical Society, July 2019, automatically conferred with the Geddes award. * Right Livelihood Award, September 2019, from the Right Livelihood Foundation and known as Sweden's alternative Nobel Prize, one of four 2019 winners, "for inspiring and amplifying political demands for urgent climate action reflecting scientific facts". * Keys to the City of Montréal, September 2019, by Mayor of Montréal Valérie Plante. * Nelloptodes gretae, October 2019, a newly identified species of beetle is named for Greta Thunberg in an academic paper by entomologist Michael Darby for her outstanding contribution in raising awareness of environmental issues and because the beetle's antennae bear a passing resemblance to Thunberg's pigtails. * International Children's Peace Prize, October 2019, shared with 14-year-old Divina Maloum from Cameroon, awarded by the KidsRights Foundation. * Maphiyata echiyatan hin win (Woman Who Came from the Heavens), Lakota tribal name conferred, October 2019, at Standing Rock Indian Reservation, following support for the Dakota Access pipeline opposition, after being invited by Tokata Iron Eyes, a 16-year-old Lakota climate activist. * Nordic Council Environment Prize, October 2019. Thunberg declined to accept the award or the prize money of DKK 350,000 (€47,000 as of October 2019) stating that Nordic countries were not doing enough to cut emissions. * Time Person of the Year, December 2019, by Time magazine, the first recipient born in the 21st century and the youngest ever. For succeeding in "creating a global attitudinal shift, transforming millions of vague, middle-of-the-night anxieties into a worldwide movement calling for urgent change." And: "For sounding the alarm about humanity's predatory relationship with the only home we have, for bringing to a fragmented world a voice that transcends backgrounds and borders, for showing us all what it might look like when a new generation leads." * Glamour Woman of the Year Award 2019, 12 November 2019, by Glamour magazine. Accepted by Jane Fonda, quoting Greta as saying "If a Swedish, teenage, science nerd who has shopstop, refuses to fly and has never worn makeup or been to a hairdresser can be chosen a Woman of the Year by one of the biggest fashion magazines in the world then I think almost nothing is impossible". * Nature's 10, 2019, December 2019, an annual list of ten "people who mattered" in science, produced by the scientific journal Nature, specifically, for being a "climate catalyst: A Swedish teenager [who] brought climate science to the fore as she channeled her generation's rage." * Forbes list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women, 2019 * Craspedotropis gretathunbergae Schilthuizen et al., 2020, a new species of land snail from Borneo described in the family Cyclophoridae is named after Thunberg and another new freshwater snail from New Zealand, Opacuincola gretathunbergae Verhaege & Haase, 2021, is dedicated to Thunberg. * Human Act Award, on Earth Day, 22 April 2020, by the Human Act Foundation, for "her fearless and determined efforts to mobilize millions of people around the world to fight climate change". The USD100,000 prize money was donated to UNICEF and doubled by the Foundation. * Thunberga greta, June 2020, a new species of huntsman spider in a new genus Thunberga gen nov named after Thunberg by arachnologist Peter Jäger. * Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity, 2020, the first recipient of this prize. Through her foundation, Thunberg donated the €1 million prize money "to charitable projects combatting the climate and ecological crisis and to support people facing the worst impacts, particularly in the Global South". Works: ~ Scenes from the Heart (2018), with her sister, father and mother. ~ No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference (May 2019), a collection of her climate action speeches, with the earnings being donated to charity.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    America is fucked. So totally fucked.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^ “Sad but so true” ~ Warrior15, TUSCL, August 14, 2020 ~ Just a Monger looking for some Action.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    “That was the point I was trying to make and didn’t intentionally mean to point my finger in your face. And as you know, I’m not white, just mostly white. 😆” Err...I didn’t actually know that . Oops 😅
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    My guess is that within the next decade, Mexico will complete "the wall" to stop Americans from re-enterimg Mexico.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @heaving The reality is: “Laws to limit the black vote may not seem racist on the surface but may be racist in practice.” ~ jackslash ~ older strip club customer, dancers often tell him he resemble a movie star. The movie star is Woody Allen.
  • latinalover69
    3 years ago
    Any asshole that says peeps of color have a problem getting IDs or DLs are the most frikkin rasisss peeps on the planet. Sheeet.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “I'm not saying that white people are better. I'm saying that being white is clearly better. Who could even argue?” “Now, if you're white and you don't admit that it's great, you're an asshole.” ~ Louis Székely ~ White Privileged stand up comedian ~ Born Sep 12, 1967 Washington, D.C., U.S.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    We don’t need ID drives or anything “new.” We already register to vote. Put whatever proof requirements you need to be secure into the voter registration process and issue picture ID’s with the voter registration. Done.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Going to school, not impregnating multitple women, working hard, not doing hard drugs, getting up early for work even when you're sick = being "white" Until an absolute moron would cite a comedian or an actor in a political discussion. Sorry you were born white CJ; truly sorry. By the way jack off 15 times posting something is enough.
  • CarlitosPeligro
    3 years ago
    As a lifelong republican I find it embarrassing that the party leadership priority has been on limiting the vote with very little to no work on policies and messages that attract a bigger tent. I wasn’t a huge fan of W Bush as president but his campaign was better at that. Lots of common sense people of all backgrounds could be swayed to elect common sense republicans. But they have to play the positive side not just block votes from neighborhoods they lose in. They need to dive in there and convince people why they should be elected. The regular voters don’t change much but the ones who don’t vote often are more persuadable. Instead they take on these non-issues and open them selves up to be tarred as racists.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    > There’s a significant difference between being able to vote and having ID. Huge. The biggest. Voting is a constitutional right. Others have pointed out that it's also a constitutional right to bear arms which requires ID and background checks.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I am amazed at the bullshit we keep hearing about how we must cater to the underserved communities! We are in a pandemic - and we finally have a vaccine - but communities of color are fearful to get vaccinated. Why? A microchip implanted? They have prominent African American people getting vaccinated on TV so others feel safe. The vaccine has gone through a testing process - and millions have gotten it safely already. They put up vaccine locations directly outside of NYCHA buildings - those are the places where your tax dollars go to die. But folks won’t get vaccinated. Why? Because of two factors - they are uninformed and lazy - and possibly stupid. This is the same reason why democrats object to anything that requires one of their potential voters to lift a finger. They know their supporters are lazy fucks. They don’t want them to have to bring an ID to the polling locations or to ever lift a finger! Here is a revolutionary idea - and it’s going to piss off many folks - but if folks could vote by Nintendo or Xbox - everyone would vote! You get a cool video game look to vote - and you can sit on your sofa while smoking a bong - in your sweat pants - in your free government housing project - and vote for someone who will keep the government spending going! Come on CJ Kent - tell me why that’s a bad thing? All those non-contributors can have a voice to vote in more welfare loving, wasteful spending politicians! They can sleep through the gunfire all day long - and play their video games - and listen to their rap music - and order food on some app using a credit card they will default on - as the await their reparations from the enslavement of their people (people who aren’t related to them in any way)! It’s more waste and more free stuff - and it will never end! Take some initiative. Get a job. Work through the system of this world. Nobody is going to hire a CEO off the couch in a project! Those folks have worked for years and learned a lot - and built something. I know folks will call my post racist - but it’s more about getting off your ass and working! In NYC there is a political endorsement being made by Eric Garner’s mother! Holy shit! She gave birth to a criminal - who was morbidly obese - had diabetes because of his obesity - and he was selling cigarettes illegally - and she’s qualified to endorse a mayoral candidate?! Wtf?!
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    If you don't require ID to vote, then the voter is anonymous. How do you know that person is eligible to vote? How do you know they have not voted already? They can vote 10 times in 10 different places that they don't even live. How exactly do you envision it would work? Also, an ID has been required since I started voting in the 70's. It is nothing new.
  • skinnywhiteboy
    3 years ago
    Simple. Requiring ID makes it harder for illegals to vote.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    @yahtzee “Others have pointed out that it's also a constitutional right to bear arms which requires ID and background checks.” That’s not true. Can’t I buy a gun from my friend, some dude on Craigslist or at a gun show without ID or a background check? And to state it again, I’ve never said you don’t need ID to vote. I said you shouldn’t need a drivers license or passport. I’m in favor of free voter ID issued with voter registration, like what Gov Kemp (if true) says the GA law does.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    “ I’m in favor of free voter ID issued with voter registration, like what Gov Kemp (if true) says the GA law does.” Georgia has had free voter ID cards for years.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Cashman1234 You wrote and I quote: “Here is a revolutionary idea - and it’s going to piss off many folks - but if folks could vote by Nintendo or Xbox - everyone would vote! You get a cool video game look to vote - and you can sit on your sofa while smoking a bong - in your sweat pants - in your free government housing project - and vote for someone who will keep the government spending going! Come on CJ Kent - tell me why that’s a bad thing? All those non-contributors can have a voice to vote in more welfare loving, wasteful spending politicians!” To answer your question; it is not completely a bad thing: “I think we all can agree that there are a lot of illegals that are already here and work hard and we would like that they stayed and... I also think we all agree that there are a lot Americans that haven’t really pan out.” “I said we turn illegal immigration into a reality show where we vote people in and vote people out.” “Americans will get involved then, then they will care,” “So we just start voting and Ryan Seacrest can announce the results at the end of American Idol; he will be like: “Joining this week is Juan Gonzales he’s being hiding in a garage in Buffalo for the past eleven and a half years, but apparently he is an eye doctor. Leaving us this week, she has eight new babies and six she already couldn’t afford, say goodbye to Octomom America, say goodbye.” ~ Kathleen Madigan ~ Born: September 30, 1965 Florissant, MO Video clip in you tube: [view link]
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    Video in YouTube [view link]
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Democrats are a total joke. They want enhanced and pervasive background checks, along with draconian restrictions on the 2nd Amendment, but they want the voting process to be ridiculously easy to cheat and defraud. If they applied the same standard to both, they'd be handing out firearms like free samples of shampoo at the supermarket.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    I didn’t say anything about DL’s. I’m very pro 2nd amendment but we also shouldn’t just be giving guns away. There’s got to be some kind of standard. Same with votes all I’m saying. To turn into a race thing is insane to me. If your serious about voting, go out get an ID so we know who the fuck you are, that’s it.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    ^^ Of course, Muddy. I agree. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. The left feels that "rights" should be allowed (controlled) proportionately by government, according to what suits their agenda.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    >are trying to limit the black vote in new ways--ID cards, long lines, even making it illegal to provide water to voters standing in the long lines (that just "happen" to be in black neighborhoods.) Aren't the voting places run by local county and city governments? Blacks mostly live in areas run by Democrats. If there are long lines it would only hurt the party in power at higher state and federal levels. >even making it illegal to provide water to voters standing in the long lines It was already illegal to hand out anything to someone standing in a voter line by federal law. The election officials are allowed to provide water. When I voted last year elderly and sick people were moved to the front of the line.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    The long lines are caused by lack of ID's. The provisional ballot process slows things down immensely.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    The whole ID argument presented by the leftie Democrats is nothing but a FRAUD. There's not a single person living (legally) in America that can't go to the DMV and get a state issued photo ID. In fact (putting voting aside) how could anyone, regardless of their social or economic status, go through life without some form of valid ID? You can't even get the shittiest job available, or buy a six-pack of beer, or cash a welfare check at the check-cashing place without ID. There's only ONE rational explanation for the left being so strongly opposed to voter ID, and it's because they want to CHEAT. Requiring ID to cast a vote doesn't deprive anyone except for CHEATERS. And since there's no logical way for them to win the argument, they do what they always do: cry racism.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Requiring ID to vote has been around my whole life. If you don't require ID to vote, how do you prevent fraud? No one answers that question! OK, I understand the reasons it may be harder for minorities and the poor to get an ID. I get it. MAKE IT EASIER to get them an ID. Problem solved. Excuse eliminated. I posted this earlier in the thread. In one study, One of every six African American adults have been issued a DL but it is suspended or revoked (and therefore is not accepted as an ID. The ballot will be rejected because the ID does not come back as valid). The most common reason is unpaid traffic fines.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Anyone can get an ID from motor vehicles. If you are ineligible to drive or don't want to drive, it will be the exact same ID card except not valid for driving. I don't know how you make it any easier.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @Cashman1234 You wrote, and I quote: “Here is a revolutionary idea...” Please tell us your thoughts about this “revolutionary idea”: “Death to the fascist insects that prey on the lives of the people” ~ Patricia Campbell Hearst aka Tania (Born February 20, 1954 San Francisco, California) ~ Soldier in the People’s Army.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Cancel baseball.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    @misterorange The argument (not saying I agree with it) is that it is hard for them to get to DMV during business hours, especially on public transportation. So how about issuing them at post offices? It would give the PO another source of revenue (from the government paying them to perform that service). Now you have several or dozens of locations rather than one countywide facility.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    One objection I've seen raised is the restriction against someone handing out water or food to voters in line. Wtf is so difficult about getting a sandwich or water bottle in advance, and bringing it with you ? I didn't see any constraints against people bringing their own food or water with them prior to getting in line.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    The first time nobama ran years ago watching the local 11pm news on election night a reporter was interviewing a black bus driver. Without any prodding he outright admitted that his group was driving around on election day picking up people off the street, giving them cigarettes, money, and other items street people tend to have a fondness for and driving them to the polls to vote. All these later I still recall the exact comment he made, "You know who we told them to vote for" he said wit a big smile on his face. Those "voters" probably weren't even registered. Shit like that is illegal yet has been going on for years in big democratic cities while their politicians silently approve and the law is ignored and in most cases the media ignores it. I don't have much doubt that the real agenda of whoever is handing out food and water in poll lines aren't doing it out of kindness, they're doing it to coach and prod people to vote for their candidates, democrats. That's why they scream and whine and use the race card trying to shut up any dissenters to their schemes.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    Also IDGAF about MLB but IMO they're deservedly going to loose fans over their wokeness BS.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    They moved it?!?!?! What the fuck country am I living in?
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    And now they are talking about boycotting Coca Cola, Home Depot and Delta because they did not prevent the legislation.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Providing photo ID is racist because it prevents fraudulent voting which makes it much harder for democrat politicians to be elected.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Gammanu95 answered the question concisely. Thank you!
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    So far CJ Kent has continued to quote others and has not provided his own words to answer. As I expected, he simply reposts quotes from others. He is unable to offer a valid retort of his own.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Ha ha - Bingo Gammanu ! Winning future elections informs the “open border” strategy as well. “When we make it possible, vote for the people who got you here”
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Same reason tax cuts are racist. It’s racist to let people keep the money they earned and not let Democrats pander by giving money to takers who expect the taxpayers to support them. (Although some are so stupid and shallow they don’t get that their support came from other taxpayers, they just think it came magically from some pandering politician p.o.s. like doddering Uncle Joe)
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    For the same reasons, it is also racist to oppose statehood for DC (even though DC was specifically created to prevent any one state from claiming the capital!) and PR. Hell, let's offer statehood to Guam, the Marshall Islands, Guantanamo Bay Cuba, and Diego Garcia!
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    You should decide whether something said, written or quoted makes sense by its content, not by the person who writes or says it, regardless of the letters after his or her name, title or position in society, age, nationality etc. I don't necessarily agree with everything I say, write or quote... Quotations are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader. Pragmatically speaking, quotations can also be used as language games (in the Wittgensteinian sense of the term) to manipulate social order and the structure of society “Like everything metaphysical the harmony between thought and reality is to be found in the grammar of the language.” ~ Ludwig Wittgenstein ~ Austrian-British philosopher ~ Born: April 26, 1889, Vienna, Austria ~ Died: April 29, 1951, Cambridge, United Kingdom Ludwig said it all...
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Fucking stupid quote.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Did he say "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say"? Umm...
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Republicans campaign by telling you what they are going to do for you. Democrats campaign by telling you what they are going to give you.
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I fart on racists
  • MikeP2
    3 years ago
    From a Georgia resident. After the last election, Secretary of State (a Republican) stated that it was the most safe and secure election in Georgia history. Begs the question then why were any changes needed? The answer is easy. A high percentage of write-in ballots were for Democrats resulting in that party winning the presidential and senatorial elections ousting Republican incumbents. State leadership (all Republicans) saw the writing on the wall for 2022 so they came up with a law that would make voters jump through more hoops in order to vote using absentee ballots resulting in fewer being cast. This law also castrated the SoS's role in the election turning that over the the Republican led legislature. Price he paid for not helping to overturn the last election.
  • ime
    3 years ago
    I'm sure that GA counties failing to provide the required legal chain of custody for over 400k mail in ballots has nothing to do with it. Or the blatantly corrupt SOS doing everything he can to obstruct investigations into the tons of "irregularaties", or changing election laws without the State Legislature who is the group lawfully required for election law changes.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    "Quotations are used by me as a means of inspiration and to invoke philosophical thoughts from the reader." Bullshit! You've posted that same mantra over and over and who exactly have you inspired? Nobody! You post what you do because you're a fucking troll, that's why you've been banned at least once and I await the next one you FUCKHEAD!
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It's a form of voter suppression. Those most likely to not have the Id required are low income and minorities.
  • goldmongerATL
    3 years ago
    Absentee mail-in ballots are the only ones affected by the Georgia law. People's reluctance to vote in person due to COVID drove much of the mail-in absentee voting. Voters unwilling or unable to vote on Election Day can use early voting in person. This can be done on some weekends when people do not have to take off work. You do not need to show a reason to early vote in person. Nothing has changed regarding early voting (except reduced Sunday voting). The people that still want to mail a ballot have more stringent requirements.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    2ICEE you fucking asshole. Tell me why some legitimate citizen can't get ID? Better yet, tell me how any normal person can go through life without ID.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    Haters have to hate... Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. Haters are angry, because the truth contradicts the lie they live... :D
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    It requires a very, very small degree of effort and competency to get an ID. To suggest Black people can’t get ID is condescending to the point of overt racism.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    You need a social security card proof of address ie utility bills etc. Not everyone can provide that. You associating not having an id with being black shows your racism
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    Republicans: we support corporations and the free market. Also Republicans: Not like that!
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    The truth is that the Republican Party has been, and still is, the Party of Voting Suppression, and their “leadership” consist of ,overwhelmingly, white men... Their “strategy” to maintain their power is by diluting the voting power of every other non-white American group...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion