tuscl

Quarantine End Dates Announced

Nixur68
Texas
Hey all,

It's the beginning of the end and some governments like the UK have announced that they will have a full reopening with new restrictions around June. I'd imagine that US will be around then but I wonder are the clubs going to be super busy since everyone has been stuck at home? Or will people not care and interests have changed?

I really want to make a trip to Miami but I'm thinking it's probably best to wait until at least this Fall or it won't be worth it. Thoughts?

29 comments

• TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "full reopening with new restrictions"

Huh. Oxymoronic statement if I ever saw one. Tell the gullible public anything.
  • Nixur68
    4 years ago
    TheeOSU,

The only restriction would be large events and public transportation requirements vaccination. Maybe masks but that's it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    South FL clubs seem fairly back to normal - I have not gone back to clubbing, but per the reviews I have not gotten the sense they are not currently worth visiting.

The Pompano and Hallandale clubs seem to be operating at normal hours - Miami clubs had been closing at midnight but IDK if that's still the case.

• Heellover
    4 years ago
    The way this shit has been handled I'm thinking July/August at the earliest in some areas. Concerts (major bands) may be much longer, or not allowed full capacity at least. Same with sporting events. Not saying that's what I want or that I agree (with anything on how things have been handled); but just my prediction.

We'll probably have to suffer through more of the reopening "phases" bullshit too. Like this type of business can fully reopen (capacity) first and so on.

Masks are a whole separate issue and will probably be left up to governors to decide which type of businesses will still require masks at all/most times. Oh damn, this will be bad! Hopefully I'm wrong at least on this part!

• Heellover
    4 years ago
    Nixur,

If the only restrictions are masks I'd be fine with that. I could see some type of vaccination or proof of (recent negative) test being required for a sporting event I guess. Schedule is released well in advance for sports. Concerts could possibly be the same not sure but maybe this would cut down on the scalping of tickets anyway (just throwing that out there, I have no idea-i don't want any extra hoops to jump through).

Public transportation-I can see that one causing a lot of problems if any new restrictions are implemented. I guess we'll see what happens.
  • Nixur68
    4 years ago
    Papi,

What do you mean that SoFlo clubs are back to normal but not worth visiting? Ugh, that sucks. I'll be vaccinated next month and I figured then I'd be a good time to visit but now I'm thinking twice.

Heellover,

Governments have said you'll go through checkpoints at events with a COVID Digital Passport. But anyone who isn't vaccinated will be banned from large gatherings.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    It’s been so incredibly fucked up with all of this government and medical intervention shutting down so many businesses and other venues in the USA, Canada, Hawaii, Mexico, Europe,and almost everywhere. we’ve been through pandemics before but never with us super intervention of governments/medical shutting down legitimate businesses and social activities. From now on we could expect more of the continued interventions with the abuse of power of officials of both government and medical.
    some gonna argue that it’s been been that’s good benefit and others( like me ) can argue that it’s been abusive.
    I just hope it’s not The New Normal.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... South FL clubs seem fairly back to normal - I have not gone back to clubbing, but per the reviews I have not gotten the sense they are not currently worth visiting ..."

That grammar was a bit confusing - said another way is that the reviewers are *not* saying they are not wroth visiting - i.e. meaning the recent-reviews seem to indicate that they *are* worth visiting

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    I think we'll get another surge. I don't trust the vaccine. Biden is pushing it for political not medical reasons just like trump did
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I know the numbers are moving down. The vaccines are helping.

I think they need to vaccinate folks quicker - to stop more variants from getting a foothold.

I’m thinking the fall will be a good time to sniff around a few filthy locations?
  • Nixur68
    4 years ago
    Faccui estimates there will be more than enough vaccines by April-May. If people don't take it by that point it will be their fault.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    The vaccine is just giving people a false sense of safety. It was passed for political reasons not scientific
  • Sgtsnowman
    4 years ago
    Faucci also wants double masking and was saying the vaccine won't get you out of the mask. Sometimes he mentions getting back to normal. Other times he says it will be mostly normal. Or sometimes we just need to flatten the curve.

You trust Faucci all you want. Me, I'm going with that groundhog Punxatawney Phil. At least he can only give you two different answers to the same question.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The end to the UK lockdown is conditional. For example, if new variants to CoVid “risk further infection”, the lockdown will continue. There are enough weasel words in the reopening timetable that politicians can do whatever they want.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I think announcing an end to pandemic restrictions is too early right now. I know folks want to return to normal, but its not a good time to put finite dates out there.

There is too much uncertainty currently. If we have reached a trough with infection rates, that would not be good. Hopefully folks will remain vigilant and our current rates will be another point on the continued decline.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Is there still a virus out there? I can barely tell here in FL. 😉

I don't think that this is a trough before a resurgence. We've had 28.7 million recorded cases, meaning the actual number is closer to 100 million (mostly asymptomatic) if CDC prevalence estimates hold. That's already 30% of the U.S. population who likely has some natural resistance. Now add 15% of the population who has had at least one vaccine dose and we are quickly getting close to half the population with immunity. Now there is inevitably some overlap between the two groups, but likely not too much since COVID rates in the old people who have been getting vaccinated were low due to greater protections and caution, so for giggles let's call it 40% of the population (and rising fast) that is already resistant.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    So you old folks who have not received your vaccine yet might as well hunker down a little while longer.
    After all it's not like you have anything urgent to do anyway. But the rest of us need to go about our days now, especially those of us with school age kids.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I agree with RickDugan. His posts make good points.

It’s odd how each state handles restrictions differently. I hope that things continue to get better as the north emerges from winter.

I also hope folks get vaccinated when they can.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    There is going to be a surge in vaccine production over the next month or two. As a result, it will soon be available to anyone in the US who wants it. Plus, the JnJ vaccine is easily distributed and, with one shot, eliminates the risk of hospitalization. Pretty soon, every pharmacy and doctor’s office will have the JnJ vaccine. I expect that serious health risk from COVID will nearly disappear by May 1.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Is anyone here volunteering to be the final COVID-19 patient ?
    No I didn’t think so, get vaccinated, the world will still be here.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Texas and Mississippi just announced they are opening up. No masks. Full capacity restaurants. Bars open.
  • Nixur68
    4 years ago
    The Government also announced there will be more than enough vaccinations before July.

Things are finally opening up. We are almost there and I expect the club to full of idiots who forgot their social skills and overestimate their ability to drink. :(
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Somehow, I have a vision of an old west saloon at the end of a cattle drive.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "It's the beginning of the end"

"Texas and Mississippi just announced they are opening up. No masks. Full capacity restaurants. Bars open."

Roll dice roll. How does it end?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    The virus quickly mutates. Its not what it was a year ago. Re openings are very premature.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    OMG! THE VIRUS IS MUTATING! WE WILL NEVER BE SAFE! DON'T TAKE CHANCES! STAY IN FOREVER!

Or...

Grow a pair already.

States like MS and TX are opening back up because, even with 15% vaccination, the hospitalization and death rates are plummeting. That's because that 15% of the overall population a much higher percentage of the moist vulnerable. So now that the old folks are being protected, it's time to stop focusing so much on simple case numbers and get things going again.

This doesn't mean that any vulnerable people who have not yet been vaccinated should abandon personal responsibility. If you are too stupid by now to know how to protect yourself then it's a miracle you've lived this long.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    I meant to say "most vulnerable" not "moist vulnerable" lmao.
  • reverendhornibastard
    4 years ago
    Those of the feminine persuasion (by birth) who are both moist and vulnerable are my favorites.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    It will be interesting times in Texas. I should be immune now, but will probably make visits to see certain people and have the mask thing going on still and will do my best to avoid unnecessary exposure just before and during that time.. After that is all done, it will be nice to be in a mask less environment again 😁
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion