tuscl

The President ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequentl

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all.

The President ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself.

~ George Mason

~ Born December 11, 1725
~ Likely present-day Fairfax County, Virginia, British America
~ Died October 7, 1792 (aged 66)
Gunston Hall, Fairfax County, Virginia, United States

~ Delegate at the Virginia Ratifying Convention

28 comments

• skibum609
    4 years ago
    Barrack Obama pardoned only scumbag drug dealers who are idolized by progressives.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    You're right, skibum. He pardoned drug dealers while allowing mass murderers, reps who abused the people's trust, friends who did illegal/unethical things to further his campaign and boost his grift rot in prison......

God help us.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “The President ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself.”

~ George Mason
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    A pardon can be denied though. Its not all the president
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The pardons can be a double edged sword, take the case of Charles Kushner, Jered's father, its been over for fifteen years there's no further jeopardy attached to the case, but now the publicity will be splashed all over the news again as a reminder who this president associates with, a pardon from Trump will always have the impact of a scarlet letter, sooner we get this guy out of the White House, the better off our country will be
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “The pardon power was controversial from the outset; many Anti-Federalists remembered examples of royal abuses of the pardon power in Europe, and warned that the same would happen in the new republic.”

In the English and British tradition, the royal prerogative of mercy is one of the historic royal prerogatives of the British monarch
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    The pardons are usually at the end of an administration - and that’s it.

If Trump really plans to run in 2024 - he should choose his pardons carefully.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    For fuck sake, everytime there is Repiblican governor or President, Denicrats (and their media friends) go biserk over pardons and everytime there's a Democeat governor or President Republicans go biserk over pardons.

Its a time honored and important executive power, and can right wrongs within the justice system in some cases.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Glad to see President Trump is still causing derangement among his haters.

Bwahahaha
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    May progressives all get covid-19 in 2021.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Dave_Anderson I agree. Pardons are like the final F-U a president can do. They know their pardons will stir up the opposition. It’s a time honored tradition, and I have no issue with it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    His pardons may backfire. Some amount to obstruction of justice and he should be held legally accountable
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    After Carter pardoned draft dodgers and obama pardoned drug dealers who sell to kids, it's nice to see good people pardoned.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “The President ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself.”

~ George Mason
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Quoting slave owner is quite apropos for a communist masquerading as a progressive.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    People will generally forget about the pardons. Go for it. One downside however is that the people pardoned no longer have the 5th amendment available to them for those pardoned crimes. For instance, Mike Flynn can now be compelled to testify against Trump and Flynn can’t take the 5th. If Flynn refuses to testify he can be held in contempt. If he testifies falsely it’s perjury. Roger Stone wasn’t pardoned but instead Trump gave him a commuted sentence so he may not be able to be compelled. He’s already been convicted though so maybe the double jeopardy applies and he will have to testify? Maybe one of the board legal experts can chime in? I forget if Manafort was pardoned or got early release.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Presidents never pardon guys like Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer.

It’s usually politically connected cronies.

Pardoning someone like John Wayne Gacy would require balls. If he was still alive.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    Not balls....just a lack of scruples. Like pardoning war criminals. And obstructing justice by pardoning those who kept silent about his illicit activities.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Obama pardoned drug dealers because his community worships criminals. Drug dealers are like war criminals. Draft dodgers are even worse and they are the epitome of the Democratic party.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    What do you mean by "Obama pardoned drug dealers because his community worships criminals."? Are you referring to Obama as constitutional attorney? Community organizer? Senator? President? Which community?
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    The idiot who said he was quoting the constitution when he was in fact quoting the declaration of independence is as much a constitutional attorney as I am Pope. As a community organizer he organized workers to force a company to reopen and rehire them He failed. As Senator he authorized no legislation and his crowning achievements as President was initiating a race war and inviting poor, ignorant people to come here and leech of my community. The community that supported and supports that asshole is to whom I was referring. Yes, you too. By the way criminal justice reform is nothing more than letting felons go free to prey on society.
  • CJKent_band
    4 years ago
    “The English Parliament legally placed an absolute pardon power in the hands of the monarch in 1535 during the reign of King Henry VIII.”

“The Founding Fathers followed the English model in establishing the powers of the executive branch in Article II of the U.S. Constitution.”

These archaic anti-democratic roots clearly indicate that the pardon power should not exist in America today.

“The political concept of pardon is linked with the theological concept of divine mercy or the charity of an all-powerful God.”

There is separation of church and state in America; “no law respecting an establishment of religion.” ~ the Bill of Rights
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    "I love it when they call me Big Poppa."
    ~ Notorious BIG
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "cjkunt trolls TUSCL with his cut and paste comments because he doesn't have any original thoughts of his own and he's dissatisfied with his dick pic collection"

~ TheeOSU 12/30/2020
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    Better to quote Dave Mason. "There aint no good guy, there aint no bad guy, there's only you and me and we just disagree". Followed by some woo woo woo's.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_FOQ7-…

Great song, brings back some good memories.

And cjkunt still trolls TUSCL with his cut and paste comments because he doesn't have any original thoughts of his own and he's dissatisfied with his dick pic collection.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I guess Dave Mason and Jimi Hendrix were buddies and he played on All Along the Watchtower. That's some cred.
  • ilbbaicnl
    4 years ago
    Generally the worst crimes, violent crimes, are State crimes anyway. The Prez can't get you out of those. The Feds didn't prosecute one slimebag for all the mortgage fraud under Bush Jr. So pardoning a few corrupt government officials seems like small potatoes by comparison. I hope Biden lets Iraq extradite those Blackwater fuckers, hang 'em on livestream like Saddam. And let Afghanistan extradite Lorance.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion