After an undercover sting with San Antonio police, we returned to XTC Cabaret

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Douche-bag undercover reporters. The club looks like fun though.

https://foxsanantonio.com/news/local/two…

11 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    When you read this article along with many similar articles about many different clubs I’m struck by the line used by the police departments in almost every one of these stories
    That line is always the same “responding to complaints “
    A reasonable question would be who is making these complaints and why are they subjecting themselves to something that they need to complain about ?
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I can't decide which is dumber. The club selling alcohol or the guys paying those prices.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    🍿🍿🍿
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    The complaints are obviously being made by demented old grumpy assholes, like 25iq, who hate seeing other people have fun.

Just because you are too frightened, hateful, and decrepit to leave your hovel, that does not mean others cannot go out and enjoy life.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I was so busy roasting my snowflake that I forgot to read the article.

At first, it seems like a busybody newspaper looking to ruin everyone's good time, but there is one line which changes my perspective.

The police have been called to that location 170 times in the past year for violence and violent crimes. I don't care who you are, that is excessive. It's also a clear indicator of a club which is not able to effectively manage its employees or control its customers.

• nicespice
    4 years ago
    ^ Too be fair, XTC is also a bit too close to the Alamo Heights neighborhood. Which has a rep for snobby-white-people-with-money. Only a seven minute drive to the golf course/country club. Unlike, for example, other clubs on Perrin-Beitel which is a comfortably ghetto area and can more easily fly under the radar.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    But yeah, XTC is a bit much. Some bit of ghetto is fine but when it’s excessive can ruin things. There was an amazing hookah lounge that used to exist that catered to the thug crowd, and that place went downhill fast and out of business. 😭
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Most of this was just a double tap of their older reporting. Lazy. Maybe they'll go do a TJ expose next like CNN did.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Heard XTC got shut down. It actually stayed open when the other clubs closed down around town because it's BYOB. Rumor has it the closure was about them getting busted once too often, so I guess having the cops show up every other day finally caught up with them.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Rip XTC 😢 You may have been a shithole, but I still have fond memories.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion