tuscl

The Second Wave is Coming

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
New Jersey
Will you continue to club?

27 comments

• wallanon
    4 years ago
    Maybe a little less, but mostly because my local clubs have been a little off since the second reopen.
  • boomer79
    4 years ago
    I have a couple reliable OTC candidates. I know it’s not completely safe but risks are lower. Honestly they’ve been dancing in Atlanta through all of this. It wouldn’t surprise me if they hadn’t already been exposed.
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    I’m racking up on numbers now when I do go to clubs so I’ll have them for OTC. These dancers gotta make money still. Once november hits I’m done with clubs til they get a vaccine out tbh.
  • ilbbaicnl
    4 years ago
    Yes. The danger is probably going to last at least another year, not gonna go that long without touching a woman. If I get it, I think I've got a 90+% chance of making a full recovery, and then I won't have to worry about it. And if I die, I won't have to worry about it then either. The clubs are pretty empty, I really only get close to who I get dances from, maybe 4 or 5 dancers per week. And if I stop getting stripped of cash, my income will pile up in the bank. Not a patriotic thing to do when we need consumer spending to get people back to work. I'm squeezing bums for the Red, White and Blue.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Yep!
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Its going to get worse. Its going to br a long harsh winter economically ajd due to the virus.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    So far ive visited some clubs out if curiosity but I can't get into the new normal. My girl worked a few but she stopped and wants to wait a few months. Says it's too many girls and guys are way cheap
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    If clubs are open and similar I go. If they get stricter, I don't. Plenty of other things to do. Smoking weed and making waffles before golf is one .....
  • Cowboy12
    4 years ago
    Been to the club 1x since March. I'm staying away for a few more months. My SB is back in town, so I'm all set!
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    As long as the quality of the clubs are decent then yes
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    First wave never ended
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    If the clubs are open I’ll continue to go.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Virus is going to get worse. Superinfection, enclosed spaces, cold and dry, etc.
    But it's a calculated risk like everything else in life.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    When I went in June, county website said 6 'infectious' people in county,
    now it says 156.
    Yeah, college brought our 2nd wave, 1st wave was just a ripple, it's gonna be a while for me.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    And there's a lot of ground between kills you and 'full recovery', the 'brain fog' that a real percentage end up with is not funny. I'll wait, I hate waiting, but it is what it is.
  • orionsmith
    4 years ago
    I had some weird but mild cold and lingering cough way back in February. Ive been going to work every single week this year but not strip clubs. Going to go soon and see if my strange new allergy symptoms react to anything in the strip club. My body has allergy symptoms around certain people now. I sure hope Im not allergic to corona. Might be pushing my luck. I dont want to be subject to lab experiments in case I am.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    A second wave might be coming. Or, it might not. Either way, deaths are way, way down. Partly because we’ve learned to protect those most at risk. Partly, because doctors are much more effective in treating.
  • orionsmith
    4 years ago
    I personally dont know anyone who has had nor anyone Ive been around. Makes me think maybe I had it already. If Im getting allergy symptoms from people who have it if thats what is causing it, then Ive been exposed over a dozen times since february. im currently having no allergy symptoms.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    You can test for antibodies doesn’t have to be a mystery.

90% of my friends under 30 have had it already. Most every single one of them said it sucked bigly compared to the flu but none had any complications and all recovered quickly.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    The first wave never ended, but instead was just temporarily delayed at astronomical expense because of the insane lockdowns. Here in FL they continue at a fairly steady clip, though positivity rates are now below 5%. As long as hospitals capacity and mortality rates don't get out of hand, the folks here seem fine with just living with it.

Now I'm not telling anyone how he should manage his personal exposure because it's different for everyone. Using FL again, the case rates for elderly have plummeted, which shows that they are doing a good job of protecting themselves. Other high risk people are also likely sitting it out. But for the rest, the risks are minimal, so life moves on.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    There never was a "first wave."

Its called a "scamdemic" for a reason.
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Covid 19 is the biggest con job ever perpetrated in human history. If it wasn't hyped up into a big deal by the media most people wouldn't even know it existed, thats how statistically rare it is.

It is a good case study in the power of the media to set agendas and control what people think is important. A healthy, non-elderly person has a greater chance of dying or being seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident than suffering death or serious repercussions from this illness.

The Emperor has no clothes, this is a giant overhyped FRAUD!
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    @Dugan wrote: "...though positivity rates are now below 5%. "

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/indi…

I did some research and the discrepancy b/w Hopkins and FL (and Maryland) is that Hopkins uses the number of unique people tested whereas some of the other states use the total number of tests. For example if someone is in the hospital and gets tested 10 times, that would be counted as one test by Hopkins and 10 tests by Florida.

That's why MDs, epidemiologists , and Nobel Prize winners quote Hopkins. Because they know what they're doing.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Randumb, the numbers I quoted come straight from the FL database, which are the numbers reported to the CDC by FL. Johns Hopkins is heavily massaging the state data based upon their own estimates and biases and won't even clearly disclose what those adjustments are.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience…
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    Johns Hopkins pulls all their data from "The COVID Tracking Project" and uses the same methodology for all 50 states.

The most important reason for the discrepancy is the Hopkins does not include repeat testing for the same person.: If JohnSmith reports testing on 10/13 then JohnSmith is excluded from the math on 10/14, 10/15, etc.. if repeat testing done.

Believe what you want, and you can continue to work backwards to find sources that agree with your pre-conceived conclusion. I'm not going to argue with you.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Randumb, I should add that one of the fatal flaws in the Hopkins approach is to ignore the passage of time. If someone gets tested monthly and comes up negative each month, each occurrence is a valuable piece of data because that person is still part of the population at each different point in time.

The Hopkins model, OTOH, chooses to exclude the cautious and instead only count those who choose to get tested for the first time at some late date, probably because they feel symptoms or believe that they may have been exposed. This is both bad science and bad math.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I’m not clubbing now, and I haven’t clubbed since January, and I’m not planning to club during a second wave either.

I’m playing it safe, as I’m 56, and I need to make frequent visits to my mother in her mid 80’s - and I don’t want her to get sick.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion