tuscl

Risk of reviews?

A question--what is the risk of reviews here producing trouble for a club?

12 comments

• DougS
    17 years ago
    Scott:
    Good question (at least since you've just recently registered). In actuality, we've pondered that question in great length in many message threads. The general consensus is that if you mention specifics about a club, but more specifically a particular dancer, it COULD produce some negative results.

For instance, if you were to say "dancerX gave me a BJ in the clubY". If DancerX catches wind of what you wrote, she will probably be less likely to perform that service in the future for ANY body. If clubY mgmt hears about it, DancerX might be fired. If LE sees the posting (and we believe they MIGHT monitor this site from time to time), the club could be the subject of a raid in the future. Also, at least one TUSCLer has had issues due to what was said in a review (I believe the dancer got miffed), and temporarily had to change his screen name, etc.

With that said, it's probably best that you don't get too graphic or too specific in your reviews.

On the other hand, there are some sick dawgs on here (like ME for instance) that love to hear the steamy details. In those cases, a few of us might email those details back and forth for enjoying vicariously.
  • scott1971
    17 years ago
    Obviously I haven't mentioned any specific dancers (and won't/wouldn't) but aside from club management it occurred to me to wonder whether law enforcement might be scanning the boards which would generate trouble for a club even if a specific dancer is anonymous. Think that's paranoid?

• scott1971
    17 years ago
    By the way--I do (now) have an e-mail address I can share with you if you want to hear about the next chapter in more detail than I'd post here--Scott_TUSCL @ yahoo dot com. Feel free to send an e-mail. . .
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    Good question. My theory about law enforcement is they are overloaded, and in many places will occasionally crack down when under political pressure, but not based on reviews in TUSCL. In Phoenix, they passed a new sex business law 2 years ago, and for the first 6 months, plain clothes police lurked in clubs, took notes, and girls were cited for violations. All of a sudden, the enforcement stopped, and I have not heard of any since. Instead, I think the police and the club owners have an informal understanding again, and the owners will regulate the action themselves.

By the way, all over the country there are initiatives to more tightly regulate strip clubs, and all of these efforts are propelled by a couple of national, fundamentalist Christian groups, like the Family Reseach Council. For example, they are behind the recent Ohio law that is being challenged. They were behind the Phoenix law, and a law that got passed by council, then rescinded by the voters, in Scottsdale AZ. Has anyone heard of a truly local effort?

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    scott1971 - First off, welcome to TUSCL. Have fun. Secondly, you posted two good reviews, keep up the good work.

As far as review risks? DougS has very valid points in his thread.

The questions are: Does LE take time to read reviews? Does club management take time to sign up and read reviews? Do dancers or can dancers afford a membership to read reviews?

Answers: LE probably has better things to do. Management probably has better things to do. Dancers definately have better things to do and probably wouldn't invest $39.99 to read reviews, except a few that post on our discussions boards. :-) Licks!

As far as my reviews, if I plan on returning to a club where I got "treated" well, then no, I will protect identities. If I had a lousy time or was pissed off? Yes, I tell ALL and usually in GRAFIC details.

The situation as I see it is that most of us enjoy reading saucy detailed and explicit reviews, because they read like a sex novel.

What I may suggest, if you want to keep details out of the reviews, consider putting them in the club "Discuss" (located above the club name) instead. I sometimes use the "Discuss" to list names, skill levels of dancers, etc. Of course, LE, club mngmt, & dancers can read the "Discuss", but I think many people overlook this feature.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    It's true that cops have a thousand better ways to spend their time investigating vice than by patrolling internet boards. However, some of them do it anyway. Maybe they enjoy it. Suffice it to say over the years there have been plenty of cops who said they did it and plenty of busts as a result. Is there a risk? Maybe not. We simply don't know for sure, so for us to put dancers and clubs in jeopardy from behind our cloak of anonymity wouldn't be very cool. They took liberties for us in private with the understanding that it should be kept private, not published on the World Wide Fucking Web.

On the other hand, if it's a club that's already widely known for certain activities there's little or no harm in repeating them.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I am kinda like Bones. If I don't give a shit about the club, I will print anything. When it comes to my favorite club, I like to give the club and dancers plugs but never to give out specific details. Club management is vaguely aware of TUSCL but really doesn't care about what is said. My favorite dancers, 20 or so, know that I am an active reviewer. A few of them have actually gone on line and read some of my stuff. They all trust me to leave their names out of it. I tell them that the only time I use names is when a dancer pisses me off. They appreciate that and it shows in my mileage. They have told me and I believe that I get special dances.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I once mentioned specific details about what a dancer said to me one time. The club just happened to be raided within 3 to 4 weeks afterwards. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. I know some LE in my state does have nothing better to do than screw with anyone they want to. In fact where I live at, it seems like if a criminal from somewhere else just drives into town, they seem to get arrested and jailed. That's pretty good from a crime perspective actually much better than any other place I know of. However when they stop you on the road for some minor complaint about your driving and have 4 guys dressed in swat clothes barking out orders and armed to the teeth, you feel like this is definitely a police state. After much questioning and threatening me and accusations, they apparently decided I was ok and let me go. Do they read this site? I don't doubt it.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I remember at one club I tipped dancers with police officers standing behind me. I guess I did everything proper. Didn't get arrested or warned I was leaning one way or the other too much. The dancers tend to be more tame with a uniformed officer standing nearby. Maybe I'm bit biased though. In the small town I used to live at, some police officers would actually call up our house and ask to speak to my brother about his driving. One time I said he was out which didn't help their suspicions, the police officer told me one of these days they were going to nail him. Still think they have nothing better to do than read public internet boards?
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    Can't help posting this. I remember something funny. Many years ago my younger brother drove a mustang and would like to rev his engine going across a small bridge over a divided highway because he liked the sound effects. He did that one day and there was a police officer sitting on the hill on the other end. He got pulled over. Then the officer told him "What do you think I am? Deaf, Dumb, and Blind?"
    He wasn't speeding so he just got a warning. Maybe he was making too much noise for a country road where no one lives at. I don't know what the warning was about.
    Maybe I'm getting monitored right now, internet connection suddenly on this site died. I saved and came back though. I don't mind the police going after real criminals. I just don't like it when they start harassing ordinary people.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    It's better now I think. Instead of police calling our house saying they are going to nail my brother one of these days, I get asked by the highway trooper association to make donations so they can do more crackdowns.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I once wrote a fairly explicit review here and a couple days later received an email asking if I'd be willing to participate in a conference call about this particular club. I didn't respond but I did email the previous person who reviewed the club and he had received the same email. I assumed it was LE trying to gather evidence against the club. I haven't written an explicit review since. I don't much care what happens to the club but I have no desire to be called as a witness.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion