tuscl

OT: The Outpost (Movie on Netflix)

doctorevil
Evil Lair
This is the best, most realistic war movie I have seen since Saving Private Ryan, maybe ever. I highly recommend it. It's a true story about the battle of Combat Outpost Keating in Afghanistan. If you watch it, watch it all the way to the end, including all the credits, during which interviews with the some of the actual participants are shown. Some of them were in the movie, too.

13 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I watched that the other day it's rough but well done.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    Thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

If you can get 'The Missing' over there I recommend it. Not a war movie, it's a six part series. Great plot and acting.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Unfortunately it looks like The Missing is available here only on Amazon Prime, which I don't have.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Saw this the other day. Was going to post it to the thread about the best movie that noone else saw. Fucking excellent movie. On par with 13 Hours.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Watched it a few weeks ago, thought it was great. One of the most uncomfortable movies i have ever seen.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Thanks for the recommendation, Dr. E.

I will definitely watch it in the next couple of days.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Excellent rec.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    On the topic of "Best War Movie Ever", I don't think Private Ryan and the cockbreaths Hanks and Spielberg deserve that. Black Hawk Down is the greatest war movie I've seen. The book was, of course, better; but the movie came pretty damn close.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Just watched it last night. It was very uncomfortable and very well done. Some of the shots done in small spaces with rounds hitting close and mortars going off made me feel claustrophobic, and I have never had problems with that. Thanks again for the recommendation, DrE.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I didn't like it and didn't watch the entire movie but I am not a fan of violent films in general. If I had to pick a war movie that I did enjoy enough to watch it a second time, I would have to say "Full metal jacket"
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    Agreed - excellent movie - those guys are incredibly brave.
    Disgusting how their base was positioned by their Army commanders to make them sitting ducks.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    Recent WW1 movie 1917 was also really good
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    Thanks for the recommendation. Agree with all that cite the intensity and realism. It captured the challenge of Afghanistan. I wasn’t familiar with the true story but the film’s end tells the story of the number of major commendations for the soldiers involved.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion