tuscl

What's your top 5 favorite clubs of all time?

DougS
Florida
Mine are as follows;
1. Baby Dolls - Dallas
2. Brad's Brass Flamingo - Indianapolis
3. Hip Hugger - Kokomo, IN
4. Solid Gold - London, Ontario
5. Cheerleaders - Philladelphia

33 comments

• ArtCollege
    17 years ago
    From a limited geographic sample, mine are:

1. Rick's - Seattle
    2. Hawaii Theater - City of Industry
    3. Mons Venus - Tampa
    4. Some place in Dallas: maybe Baby Dolls or Men's Club, 5 years ago

note: these are based on the clubs either when I visited (Mons once) or when they were near their peak (Rick's).
  • jimmyblong
    17 years ago
    Former faves now gone:
    1. Mainstreet - Washington Park, Il
    2. Wild J's - Las Vegas
    3. Delilah's- Gary, In

Still Open:
    1. Club O - Chicago Heights, Il
    2. Harem House- Indianapolis, In
    3. McDoogals- Near Baltimore, MD
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    In chronological order, either when I went or when they peaked:

Trumpp's, Detroit (94-95)
    Mons Venus, Tampa (94-95)
    Chez Paree, San Francisco (96)
    Omar's, Lansing, Mich. (97-00)
    Brad's Brass Flamingo, Indianapolis (05-07)

An honorable mention for the clubs of East St. Louis, all within a 15 minute drive of one another. None individually, but as a group they've been among my Top 5 places to go.
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    great question....I'm surprised I've never seen this one before.

1. Mons Venus - Tampa
    2. Tanga Lounge - Tampa (RIP)
    3. Deja Vu - Lansing, Mich.
    4. Hip Hugger - Kokomo, Ind.

5. Industrial Strip - Hammond, Ind.
    (far, far down after HH - only on the list because Doug asked for 5)

• casualguy
    17 years ago
    I've only visited clubs in 3 states so from a much more limited selection.
    My favorites.
    1. Platinum Plus, Greenville, SC ( 02-07)
    2. Platinum Plus, Columbia, SC (97-99)
    3. Nepals, Greenville, SC (99-02)
    4. Mick's, Fayetteville, NC (94-97)
    5. Derrier's, Myrtle Beach, SC (96-05)

Except for some beach strip clubs, I usually don't find any I like better than the local ones I'm used to when I travel. Derrier's I seemed to only visit once a year. However I really enjoyed spending 40 to 60 bucks, one dancer at a time showing me her pussy on stage. There used to be a lot of hot girls working there a few years ago in the late summer. It was downhill and not that crowded the last time. It helped that a lot of dancers seemed eager to please me, flirting and ready to show me everything on stage in spite of the fact that the stage had customers all around it.
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    Only 5? Tough to narrow down!

Mons Venus (Tampa) - like an orgy
    Playhouse (Romulus, MI)- small, intimate, good food, high mileage
    Hiliter (Phoenix, AZ) - current favorite, all around quality and $10 dances
    Expose (Austin TX) - friendly, social, and wilder later
    Baby Dolls (Dallas)- I need an excuse to go to Dallas again!

Special Mention: Cheetahs in Hallindale, FL. In 2 nights of debauchery, just scratched the surface.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    1) Platinum Plus, Columbia SC. Current favorite
    2( Platinum Plus, Memphis TN. Past favorite. Now shut down
    3) Danny's. Memphis TN. No longer in business
    4) Heart Breakers, Columbia SC. Back up for PP. (Sister club)
    5) Christy's Caberet, Memphis TN. Back up for PP

Let me say that I know which are the top rated clubs and I know that nobody is going to convince me that I will have a better time there than at my current favorite club. Only other club I would consider visiting is BBF in Indy and then only for a TUSCL meet up. Only fellow TUSCLer that has visited BBF and my favorite club is Bones and he says mine is better.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    1 - Pirate's Den, Key West, FL (no longer exists) - rating 9.9
    2 - Teaser's II, Key West, FL (no longer exists) - 9.5
    3 - Brad's Brass Flamingo, Indianapolis - 9
    4 - Club Risque, Bristol, PA - 8.5
    5 - Choo Choo's, Waldorf, MD - 8

The last requires a bit of explanation - it's where I met my ATF and has been very up and down over the years. Ten years ago it was near perfect, I didn't how how good I had it.
  • TimboAtl
    17 years ago
    1. Platinum Plus - Columbia, SC
    2. Baby Dolls - Dallas
    3. Landing Strip - Romulus, MI (94-98)
    4. Bogart's - Inkster, MI (94-98)
    5. Mons Venus

Honorable Mention to several clubs in Dallas, Houston and South FL. Had some great times, just didn't visit enough to make the list.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    Difficult to say, since clubs tend to change over time and what would be my favorite two no longer exist. They where Teasers in Key West ans Lipstick in South Miami. That said, since I retired and rarely travel any longer, I don't think there are 5! Tootsie's is right there.

• chandler
    17 years ago
    Clubber, I think the idea of "all time" is to list the 5 clubs you enjoyed the most at the time. On my list, for example, Chez Paree closed several years ago, and Trumpp's and Omar's aren't nearly as good as they used to be. And I'm not so sure I would be knocked out these days by Mons Venus and just the sight of all those hot nude girls like I was back when I'd only been clubbing for a few months. At the time, however, it was my ultimate.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    HarryDave: I see NO reason to limit the list to 5. I only threw out that number because there were 5 clear-cut favorites that I had in mind.

Heck, lets all really live on the wild side, push the limits and list as many as 10 - or as many as you care to go! I've been limited geographically, so I've not been to as many different clubs as I would've liked, thus 10 might be pushing it for me.

Thanks for the interesting lists! Alas, while reading the responses, I wish that I'd also asked why the clubs were on your lists, and perhaps even an idea of their current status. Many of you saw through my shortsighted question and provided that info already.

In keeping with the new rules, here's my revised list;
    1. Baby Dolls - Dallas | incredibly beautiful girls (highest ratio I've ever seen), extremely high mileage | still THE best!

2. Brad's Brass Flamingo - Indianapolis | hot girls, high mileage, comfortable atmosphere, cheap dances ($10 private, $50/30 min in VIP) | still top-notch and going strong

3. Hip Hugger - Kokomo, IN | decent talent, high mileage, cheap prices ($10/dance) | still has to rank up there

4. Solid Gold - London, Ontario | very pretty girls (2nd best ratio), good mileage | no idea what it's like currently... it's been 5 years

5. Cheerleaders - Philladelphia | great talent, great mileage even for a bikini club, and it's where my addiction started | it's been close to 10 years, no idea what it's like now

6. Henry the VIII - Romulus, MI | decent looking girls, high mileage, seemed to be high ratio of DFKers here | haven't heard much about this place... it's been about 3 years since my last visit

7. Babe's East - Indianapolis | decent looking girls, decent mileage | nothing's changed

8. Bogart's - Romulus, MI | talent is lower than my preference, but will do in a ping, can be phenomenal mileage | haven't heard much about this place... it's been about 3 years since my last visit

9. The ClubHouse - Dallas | very fun club, hot girls, mileage slightly lacking, but party atmosphere makes up for it | haven't heard much about this place for a while
  • nj_pete
    17 years ago
    OK, these are mostly for diffrent reasons;
    1. Club Risque Bristol PA
    2. Playhouse Lounge, Burlington NJ
    3. Pharoahs Gentlemans club, Buffalo NY
    4. Cheeks Tavern Pemberton NJ (only been there once)
    5. Carls Lounge, Stone Park IL

Again, each is very diffrent from the others, but all interesting in their own way.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Wow, two votes for Bogart's. I used to like it okay, but I don't think I've been back since the Flight Club opened across the street. Likewise for Henry the VIII, around the corner. The Play House in Romulus would make my top 10 or 20 list, but I never had such a great time at the Landing Strip.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    (sidenote: I spent about an hour one night, mapquest map in hand, looking for the Landing Strip in Detroit. Either I was blind, stupid, or the adress/street scheme was mucked up. After wasting all of that time, I found Henry the VIIIs was a pretty fun alternative)
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    After leaving the Flight Club (my only visit)last summer, I spent a couple of hours at Bogart's. It was such a different atmosphere from the Flight Club, I actually really enjoyed myself. Perhaps I had too high expectations from the FC and wasn't expecting much from Bogart's. Since I only had one visit - I can't add it to my favorites list, but I certainly had a good time.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Glad to see that others have mentioned Nepals and McDoogals. Neither quite made my top 5 but both are great clubs.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    NJ_pete, I can't believe that you prefer Playhouse Lounge to the nearby Erotic Cafe and Dangerous Curves. I'm curious to know why?
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Platinum Plus in Memphis - OUT OF BUSINESS - Super extras, moderately priced, very beautiful dancers.

The Tunica Cabaret in Memphis - OUT OF BUSINESS - Great extras, cheap, cute dancers.

Brad's Brass Flamino in Indy - VERY MUCH IN BUSINESS - Great $50/30 minute VIP Room bargain! Cute to beautiful dancers. YMMV.

Dancer's in Indy - VERY MUCH IN BUSINESS - Beautiful dancers. YMMV, even in the LD booths. Classy. Clean. Friendly service.

And of course, coming in 1st place (for out of town locations) is the infamous Platinum Puss, ooops... Plus in Columbia, SC - VERY VERY MUCH IN BUSINESS - Cute to beautiful & TALENTED dancers with moderate to very high SKILL levels. Plenty of VIP areas. Clean.
  • snowtime
    17 years ago
    1. Fantasia-Huntsville,Ala.
    2.Platinum Plus-Columbia,SC
    3.Danny's-Memphis (long gone)
    4.Mons Venus-Tampa
    5.Showtime-Nashville
    Although not techically a strip club my all time favorite place was (closed in Nashville raid several years ago) Private Dancer. Anyone who ever went to this place would have to agree. Always a good selection of hot girls ready to give nude laps(customer nude too) at 4 for 50 with a $20 happy ending.
  • nj_pete
    17 years ago
    To FONDL, if you see this your question abt why Playhouse Lounge? It s for the know result of going there (milage) and perhaps the wonder of will I find a girl that is the occasional 7 to 8 there? Just have to go "grund" every once in a while (have been there maybe 5 times in 3 years.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Nj_pete, that's what I assumed. I've always found the girls at Erotic Cafe to be much more attractive (maybe I was just lucky) and the mileage there was as much as I've ever wanted. Plus it's cheaper. Way too much hustle from unattractive women at Playhouse Lounge for me.
  • ShotDisc
    17 years ago
    In no apparent order

Booby Trap Pompano Beach
    Bare Assets Tarpon Springs
    PP-Columbia
    Mons Venus Tampa
    Sammy's Birmingham

Sentimental favs
    PP-Memphis RIP
    Showtime Nashville RIP
    24K Atlanta Home my ATF
    The Lamplighter Monsey NY
    The Hitching Post Passaic NJ
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    interesting the old topics are available still for comments
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    I haven't even been to enough clubs to be able to do this. :(
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    Mons Venus, Tampa has been my best so far...but I don't get out that much.
  • Philip A. Stein
    13 years ago
    I gotta get out and see the rest of the world outside of the 313.

Bogart's - there's no champagne in the sex room, I dive bar kind of guy.
    All Stars - dark chocolate, mmmmmm
    Penthouse - nice selection of girls and great mileage
    Flight Club - As many barbie dolls with fake tits as you can shake a dick at

One of the nicest places with almost no mileage was the Mens Club in Charlotte NC.

Motorhead, L-DJV? I'd take Angels over them all night long.
  • PredragDr
    13 years ago
    I can give you a top 5 by major region from my travels.

West
    1) Spearmint Rhino, Las Vegas - most hot girls of any club
    2) Spearmint Rhino, City of Industry - highest mileage in LA for the number of girls present
    3) Ecstasy Theatre, Santa Ana/OC - not many dancers but almost all are hot and very high mileage with some
    4) 4Play, West LA - most beautiful girls of any club but low mileage
    5) Mitchell Brothers, San Francisco - FS can be had with almost all the beautiful girls here but quite expensive

Midwest
    1) Penthouse Club, Detroit - hottest girls of the Midwest, decent mileage
    2) Hollywood Show Club, Washington Park IL - generally good but can be a mixed bag
    3) Babes East, Indianapolis - great value but some clunkers
    4) Brads Brass Flamingo, Indianapolis - decent value but a few not so hot girls
    5) Deja Vu, Minneapolis - low mileage but large number of hot, young girls

East
    1) Bar Le Gentlemen, Montreal - great value and mileage along with many beautiful french canadians
    2) Club Downtown, Montreal - most hot girls in Montreal but limited mileage
    3) Cafe Cleopatra, Montreal - best value in Montreal but limited mileage at times
    4) Sundowners, Niagara Falls - lots of hot girls, the Spearmint Rhino Las Vegas of the East
    5) New Ritz Cabaret, Baltimore - some beauties and high mileage, plus it was in the Wire

South
    1) Tootsies, Miami - only place I know that is full liquor, full nude, high mileage and doesn't close till the sun comes up
    2) Mons Venus, Tampa - hottest girls in the East but limited mileage
    3) Scarlett's, Tampa - decent value and best mileage/looks in Tampa
    4) Deans Gold, Miami - a mini version of Tootsies
    5) Hi-Liter, Phoenix - good value and surprisingly decent mileage occasionally
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    "Motorhead, L-DJV? I'd take Angels over them all night long."

I guess I have them on there for sentimental reasons. I started going there in the late 80's before I knew what real clubs were. Actually had my first offer of OTC there. I was so shocked at the time, I declined :(

YMMV, but had some fun VIPs with the right girl
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Sam - interesting to see that while quite a few members from the original post are still going strong, others have apparently dropped off the face of the earth.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Mine are as follows:

1) Trophy Club, Greenville, SC - VIP with the right girl is a must.
    2) Cityscapes, Long Island City, NY (RIP) - broke a number of my SC cherries here.
    3) Harry O's, Stamford, CT - the best for a raunchy dive with cheap booze and easy women.
    4) Pandora's Mens Club, Dallas, TX - true byob with nude and fun Latinas.
    5) Crazy Horse II, West Allis, WI - even though it is low on the ROI scale, I always seem to have a good time here. The girls are attractive and have great attitudes, a rare combination.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    I'll preface this by saying that list is in a state of flux, that clubs I thought were great 10, 20 yrs. ago would be blown away by more current clubs. Many of my choices have survived the test of time mainly by consistency, not nec. having THE BEST mileage, dancers, or bang for $$. In no particular order:
    1) Mons Venus- Tampa
    2) Baby Dolls- Dallas
    3) Brass Flamingo- Indianapolis
    For the remaining 2 slots, some candidates are Diamond Caberet (now Penthouse Club) ESL, Bare Ellegance- L.A., SR-COI, Hi Liter (Pre 9 pm timeframe)- Phoenix, Living Room- Dayton.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    4 years later ThisOldmanPlayed1 now says:

Platinum Plus, Columbia, SC - - - open, nothing else need to be said about this club
    Tunica Cabaret, Memphis, TN - - - closed, "WELL" known regular, extreme mileage, YMMV
    Platinum Plus, Memphis, TN - - - closed, regular, extreme mileage, YMMV
    The Blue Diamond, Columbus, OH - - - closed, "TOO" well known regular, off planet mileage & cheap too!
    Rumors, Columbus, OH - - - closed, "WELL" known regular, extreme mileage, can be expensive
    Dancer's, Indianapolis, IN - - - open, first visit with very high mileage & beautiful dancers
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion