tuscl

OT: Sirius/XM Hijacked By BLM ??

minnow
Any place that interests me.
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:51 PM
Did any of you with SiriusXM experience being unable to receive your customary stations while driving ~ 3pm EDT ? I kept getting the "Acquiring Signal" display indefinitely (manual says should go away in 2 seconds if you see it.) I pulled into a lot to call Sirius XM to find out wtf was going on, automated voice said 29 minute wait for live rep. Meanwhile I manually tuned down from my favored Channel 6 to Chanel 0 for an alternative XM contact #, no help. During this process, I happen to pick up Channel 4, which is a Soul Hits kind of station, one that the BLM crowd would probably like. That was the only channel that I could get.Virtually any other station that I tried got the "AS" display. I ran my errand in store, and when nearly home, everything returned to normal. Did anyone else have the same problem ? I can only guess that a BLM devotee somehow screwed with XM broadcast for a period of time, 15 minutes or more.

18 comments

• Richard_Head
    4 years ago
    Are u sure it wasn’t Antifa?
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    i'm going to take a guess here. the song on channel 4 - was it fight the power?
  • herbtcat
    4 years ago
    Sun spots. Because Sol Lives Matter.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    IDK - kinda a stretch to make the BLM connection - likely just some kinda coincidence. Below is a website that shows recent issues: [view link]
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    #paranoidaf #altrightconspiracyfucktardproblems
  • grand1511
    4 years ago
    Wear a tinfoil hat to improve reception.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    install a cooking wok on top of the car. something mcgyver would try. aluminum chopsticks as supplemental boosters.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Pull over and ask a black-guy - he might know
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    "Wear a tinfoil hat to improve reception." __________ Lol! I wish I had said that.
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Definitely a lot of smart-asses on tuscl. Thanks, papi, checked that site out after I posted thread. So, there was some sort of outage ~ 3pm, but no explanation given for wtf happened. What is really baffling is why only 1 channel was working, and apparently none of the others. If satellite problem, seems to me it would be all or nothing on the channels. I can't help but wonder if a BLM/antifa minded person at Sirius/XM somehow rigged things that Ch 4 Soul Hits would be the only one broadcast. @rat-d- IDHAFC what the song was.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Maybe I’ll believe BLM was behind it if this song was playing. [view link]
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    I’ve been a subscriber to XM, then SiriusXM since it’s inception well over a decade ago. Yes I experienced the interruption today and it’s not the first time I have experienced that over the years. One time reception was screwed up for several days. Probably one of Tiger Woods golf balls dinged the satellite.
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    What kind of a stupid ass thread is this?
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    What the hell is wrong with you minnow? Comming up with this far fetched idea... 🤣
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    Oops! I did that when I was making love to my sweetie! That is what he wanted to hear at the time. 🥰😍😇🤑
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    I have Sirius, read this, but unfortunately to help you I would need the make and model of your car, the color, how many mpg you get, the type of fuel you use, what scent or air freshener you use, and the brand of stereo equipment. So, not enough details. 👎👎👎👎👎
  • goldmongerATL
    4 years ago
    The website says fried foods, magnesium coffee cups and being near freshly cut grass all have no effect on reception. I will list more things that doe not effect reception if I have more time. I am having WiFi problems. Probably the tin foil I have wrapped around my pizza.
  • Chilli_Powdurr
    4 years ago
    I agree with you minnow, BLM IS hyjacking everything lately. Yesterday I went to Taco Bell and ordered a #3 combo with Dr. PEPPER and I got a half a barbecued chicken with a biscuit and collared greens and a grape Cool Aid. This crop has to stop!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion