tuscl

TLC "90-Day Fiance", more viewers than either NBA Playoff games last night.

When your big major American Sport playoff games have fewer viewers than a second tier cable channel's cheap reality TV show, you should just close the doors and shut everything up.

Even worse I think the TLC show was a rerun episode.

19 comments

• TFP
    4 years ago
    Where's the link to the proof of this?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    😁
  • winex
    4 years ago
    I'm conflicted - that's sad, and yet it makes me happy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    On a related note:

"Jacksonville Jaguars’ Tyler Eifert To Honor Fallen Cop David Dorn On His Helmet"

"... Hamilton County, Ohio, Republican Party Chairman Alex Triantafilou announced that Jacksonville Jaguars tight end Tyler Eifert will honor the memory of former St. Louis Police Capt. David Dorn, murdered in June during riots in St. Louis, Missouri, by displaying his name on his helmet ..."

"... I stand because I love my country. I stand because I want to honor the people putting their lives on the line for me on a daily basis in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. I stand because my cousin is a pilot in the United States Air Force, risking his life flying F-15s in active war zones. He takes pride in his job protecting Americans, a sacrifice that all members of every branch of the United States military willfully take ..."

"... Eifert stated that he intended to write former NFL star Pat Tillman’s name on his cleats ... Tillman, a safety for the Arizona Cardinals ... he left his NFL career and enlisted in the U.S. Army. He was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2004 ..."

"... “And each game thereafter, I am going to write another person’s name from the United States military, whether active, retired, killed or missing in action, or a prisoner of war. These people are why I am standing because they gave me and everyone else the chance to have freedom and earn a living playing a sport I love.” ..."

"... Per a source with knowledge of the situation, players may display the names of victims of police violence and/or systemic racism on the padding along the bottom of the backs of their helmets … The names will come from an approved list, with names like George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery among the possibilities ..."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/report-ja…

I wonder if the new woke-NFL will allow him to do it - as of now I doubt it.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    The NBA is playing. I thought they went on strike. Who cares ????
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @Papi - it will be interesting to see what happens with a Tyler Eifert. My guess is that you are correct and that he will find out that he doesn’t have freedom of speech. Look at what happened with Drew Brees earlier this year when he mentioned his respect for this country and our flag.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Supposedly Lebron and Chris Paul and a few other players got some ‘counseling’ from Obama the day after the strike. Probably went along the lines of ‘You have dream jobs, most people can’t walk out of their jobs like that and so you look like a bunch of idiots.’
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ I guess Obama is following Stacey Abrams' lead - Abrams joined the board of the WNBA player's union (another radical sports league becoming ultra-radical):

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional…
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    TFP - here's the link:
    http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/sh…

They rank by 18-49 demo putting the two games 1-2, but the TLC show had significantly more viewers.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    "you should just close the doors and shut everything up."

Or just continue playing the games and let us who enjoy the NBA and can separate the political message (if you want to) watch the games.

There have been some great match ups and series with plenty of more basketball to be played.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    I hate the politics. But full disclosure- I was never really into watching out of town teams play - for me if a Philly team ain’t involved I don’t care.
    Only real exception was the Super Bowl.
    I’m even less motivated now. I’m sure the SB will be a woke shitshow this year. I actively avoid it.
    I’m watching more reality shows about people in Alaska and similar. “Alone” is great.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    Sounds like a lot of foxnews answers here lol. The answer to me is simple. People found other ways to spend thier time when sports was off the air. In addition, the product just isn't as good without fans.
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    Yeah but found time for Reality and WWE TV shows.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I've only been to one basketball game in my entire life. My friend and next door neighbor had 4 tickets to the "96 Olympic Games. So we took our sons. Boring especially since none of the 4 teams we watched were USA.
  • nickifree
    4 years ago
    Harris Poll: 38% of sports fans say the stopped watching the NBA because of politics.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha…

But of course NBA decline denier will still try to fashion other reasons for the drop in popularity.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    People definitely stop watching sports because of politics it’s not the first time in history that it’s happening I’m sure that once this election is over people will start watching sports again folks always find some shit to beef over it’ll be gone soon
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I have the celtic/lakers game 7 of the finals in 1984 in a tie with the patriots first super bowl win and the Sox world series win for my favorite sports moment ever. Love the Celtics and have since the first game I attended in 1962. I love them like I do my Grandfathers, who are both dead. They apparently won game 2 against Toronto kast night in a close one. I didn't watch and I read no articles. I played poker on line last night instead. The league made it plain I am their enemy. I am fine with that. Would like to see them fail, but I would settle for a Lebron acl tear.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    I like 90 day fiance.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    The NBA isn't the same. The only reason theres a season is advertising $$$ and so everyone can get paid.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion