tuscl

Miami & Broward County clubs, status

Anybody from the area have a summary of what’s open? Are most clubs open now, but enforcing CoVid regulations (masks, etc)? I see news articles that some clubs have been fined or shut down.

50 comments

• Warrior15
    4 years ago
    They opened up a couple of months ago, but then got shut down again about a month ago. I hear an announcement about restaurants is going to be made sometime this week. Not sure if bars are a part of that upcoming announcement. Covid numbers have gone down a lot here in the past few weeks.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Nothing in Broward and Palm Beach is open I don’t think Miami has any open clubs but Papi would be the definitive word further south
    Warrior is right some of the clubs opened a month and a half ago but they shut back down in less than 2 weeks
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I really haven't looked into it - as of right now the Miami-Dade county clubs are still closed and it'll likely be that way for a bit longer - today (8/31) was the first day they allowed indoor dining to resume again w/ 50% capacity and restaurant windows ordered to remain open w/ the A/C continuously running; there has also been a 10pm county curfew for many weeks which is still in place and there is some talk about either relaxing it (11pm or midnight) or stopping it - as of right now the county seems to be taking baby-steps and I doubt clubs will be allowed to open in this baby-steps phase.
  • Dtuscl
    4 years ago
    Club Pink was the last club I was aware was open and they closed down late June. With south Florida being three predominantly Democratic counties and things going in a positive direction, I don’t think anyone is anxious to reopen. Goldfinger’s is open as a restaurant only.
  • shanny72
    4 years ago
    I've been meeting many ladies in Tampa lately who have moved up from SFL to work. Really helping Tampa and Pinellas to be a buyer's market.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    I know its not the question, but Monroes & Rachels in Palm Beach are open as Restaurants. I haven't been myself, but I've herd from strippers they are hiring them.

Palm Beach also released of their "Phase Two" draft plan. Basically, they split it into 5 stages. The final stage includes opening Bars & Adult Entertainment. That stage has no date, but the previous stage is penciled in for Nov 2nd. http://www.pbcgov.com/pubInf/Agenda/2020…

Given the previous patterns, I'm guessing Broward will be a few weeks later with a similar plan and Miami a few weeks after that with a plan similar to Broward's but only kinda resembling PBC's.

I think the places in Dade/Broward that were willing to risk skirting the restrictions ended up just diving in and flaunting them, which resulted in hand slapping and additional eyes. I doubt any of them are going to push the envelope and try to open early. If they do, they'll likely be shell's of their former selves.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    If the case #s remain manageable or are continuously downward-sloping then I can see them going thru the opening-phases more-quickly
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @Dolfan I pass by Monroe"s a few times a week and at different times and I haven't seen any activity at the club in over a month, my understanding from a few calls from bartenders at both clubs was that they were forced to shut down again in July, if you have better intel please update me, but as far as I know both Monroe;s and Rachel's are both closed until further notice, and enforced by the county.
  • FTS
    4 years ago
    Thanks for all the responses y’all.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    @25 - My info is a bit suspect, as it's coming from strippers. But after you questioned it I did just check their Facebook pages and they both have recent posts indicating they're open for lunch/dinner. And the stripper telling me about Rachels is fairly reliable, at least as strippers go.
  • FTS
    4 years ago
    Does this mean strip clubs are re-opening at 50% capacity?
    https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/bars…
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Be careful when reading things about the State of Florida. The Governor is letting each county put in their own rules. The the STATE may allow for 50% at bars. Each county can have more restrictive rules. I don't think Miami bars are going to open for a while. I am in Miami right now. Restaurants are held at 50% capacity, everyone has to wear a mask everywhere. And there is an 11pm curfew.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    It seems that Dolan is right but those two are operating at such a limited capacity I go past both clubs regularly there is really very little activity in either parking lot Rachel’s lot is huge, and Monroes is pretty good sized with overflow parking in the rear
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    @FTS, at the end of the article there's note that says Miami Mayor says bars there are staying closed. So, no. Miami SC's are still closed and will be for a while.

I've heard Gold Club in Pompano was gonna try to open, but I'm not sure I believe it. And I'm not sure they didn't mean Solid Gold. I am pretty sure I'm not gonna try any of them out, not for fear of COVID but for fear of lameness.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I'll strip club in Brevard next month and avoid South Florida.
  • FTS
    4 years ago
    Yea Dolan, that’s true, Miami-Dade county is still closed. But maybe clubs in Broward county are open?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Broward and Miami-Dade are usually in lockstep - Broward is sometimes a week or two ahead of Miami-Dade but as of now nothing in sight to assume Broward bars/SCs will open any time soon - I treat this situation as kinda fluid depending on Covid conditions - if #s continue to go down, I assume there'll be pressure in SoFlo to open bars if the rest of the state is opening:

Per a Sept 11 article:

"Bars will stay closed in Broward, Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties"

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/browa…
  • FTS
    4 years ago
    Damn. Alright, maybe next month.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    The pattern has been Miami leading the way closing up first, with Broward then Palm Beach following in sequence. The reverse was true with opening up, Palm Beach leading the way with Broward and Miami following behind in sequence. I expect that pattern to continue absent any significant development like a cheap/fast/effective/safe therapeutic, some kind of lawsuit, or a federal mandate/order.

Bottom line, I wouldn't plan on strip clubbing in south Florida this year. It almost certainly won't be next month. It's unlikely to be before Thanksgiving, although I suppose I'd still guess 50/50 by EOY. I just wouldn't plan on it, certainly not plan on traveling here for that.

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I concur, closest venue to South Florida will probably be Cocoa and Daytona Beach, I would have said Orlando but Minnie Mouse is a no touch stripper
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Just got a text from a friend saying that Scores in Palm Springs is open and Rachel’s girls are giving lapdances
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    I always forget about Scores.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ It’s kind of a forgettable place lately
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Just got another text message from another bartender she says Pink in Pompano should be open Friday, and Solid Gold also.
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    @25 - any word on places a little farther south, like Vixens?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    @jacej Not yet but I hear Goldfinger is open as a restaurant
  • hbk19
    4 years ago
    So some Social Media accounts for Tootsies in Miami say its open. Is this accurate?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Tootsies' social media doesn't indicate they have reopened - one can always give the club a call (most big clubs like this answer the phone).
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    @25 (or Papi) What about Solid Gold and Pink? Was the info about opening today (Friday) reliable? Or a miss?
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    As for Tootsies, a stripper told me she thought it was just for the restaurant part? This could just be more misinformation piled on top of more misinformation that out there.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I don’t know I’ll prolly hear something over the weekend if it’s true
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Scores is confirmed
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    As I mentioned, some of the bigger clubs are good about answering the phone - although IDK how open they'll be about dances being given.

I'm not planning on clubbing any time soon so I won't be inquiring myself.
  • Evasparkling
    4 years ago
    Any updates on Diamond Dolls Pompano Beach?
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    Just saw an Andy Slater (the guy whose info I mentioned before and hasn't been wrong yet) saying that he hears from multiple sources that Miami-Dade clubs will be able to reopen in about two weeks. No word on Broward.

The bad news is that LDs and CRs won't be allowed. "What's the point" is a legit question, but I'll take any progress we get.
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    @IHV - Well, I suppose it's a start. S. Flo has been closed for way too long.
  • jacej
    4 years ago
  • goosman
    4 years ago
    Miami Booby Traps say they are opening Friday
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CFazXj6Hf8y/

Doral page actually said they are opening Wednesday 23rd. Noon to 11pm in line with the curfew.
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    Tootsies is reopening 9/23, according to the Tootsies Twitter account. Noon-11, to go along with the curfew like goosman said about the Booby Traps.

https://twitter.com/Tootsiescabaret/stat…
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    If the curfew is 11pm then one would think they'd need to close at 10pm o/w those leaving the club would be on the streets at 11pm when AFAIK one is not suppossed to be out and about
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    I heard from a stripper that works at Scarlett's in Hallandale that she got a text from the house mom, and the house mom said that Scarlett's was opening up at noon on Thursday, October 1. That might mean that Cheetah across the street might be opening up soon too. This is two levels of "she said" "she said", so the accuracy might be suspect. But I think the stripper thinks it's correct - whatever that's worth.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Not sure how all these places are opening, it'll be interesting to see if it lasts. I see a disgruntled bar owner or some Karen filing complaints. Hopefully I'm wrong and they're left alone.

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Not sure about Miami or Broward counties, but this mornings news said that bars and strip clubs in Palm Beach County could open at 50% capacity after October 5th
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Yeah, I saw that last night. The report I saw said something about there being a plexiglass screen on the stage to separate dancers/patrons. It also said hours are able to go back to normal as of tonight.

I guess DeSantis is talking about overruling local limitations in other places too, so maybe Miami & Broward aren't far behind. Pompano certainly appears to be prepping.
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    Wow, they didn't waste any time after DeSantis announced full reopening. Vixens in Davie posted on its instagram that they're opening up tonight (9/25/20) at 10:00 p.m. Scarlett's apparently bumped up its opening day from Thursday (10/1/20) to Wednesday (9/30/20), though that could change to even sooner.
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    Scarlet's is opening on Saturday (9/26/20) at 8 pm. Wonder if it's going to be a madhouse from all the pent up demand, or if people will be cautious because of the Corona. I'm guessing that older mongers will wait for a little, while the young uns will throw caution to the wind.
  • Nixur68
    4 years ago
    I don't think anyone is going go and Tootsies is requiring a mask.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    A fellow TUSCLer sent me the following local-paper article:

"South Florida strip clubs reopening: What you’ll find inside"

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainme…
  • jacej
    4 years ago
    That's a useful article. Anyone in So Flo venture out to see what it's like? I should check to see if there are any reviews.
  • richdee23
    4 years ago
    I’ve been to foxy lady and body club. Both were business as usual just like the old high mileage lap dance days
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion