tuscl

Off topic. TVONPCELITE

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
They are advertising 3,000 channels of TV for half of what you pay for cable or satalite TV. Software is available to transform this from your PC to your TV. Scam? Anybody got any knowledge of this?

12 comments

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Never heard of it CAT. Becareful what 3000 channels you get, you may only be interested in watching 30 or so. BTW, who is "They"? Do there 3000 channels include erotic channels..... nudity, partial nudity, X-rated vs XXX-rated?
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I may have seen something similiar to it. I passed over it probably thinking they wanted your credit card for some reason that costs money. If it's the same thing, they stated for initial costs. I'm thinking yeah right, take your money and then leave you high and dry. As it is, I already have a high speed connection and the videos I watch on youtube with downgraded resolution still take a little while to download. I don't think the experience would be a great one if it worked. Maybe if there was cheap very high speed internet service here in the US as there is in other countries, it might be enjoyable. That is if it's not a scam. I'm selling a bridge if you're interested.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi Shadowcat,

My buddy did something like that and he is happy with it although it didn't sound like a substitute for cable or satellite based on his description of the content. Although he's a Republican-- pro-Bush and pro-war --he mainly appreciated the uncensored news or at least a varying perspectives of the news.

• shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I just did a Yahoo search and found many reviews that said it was a scam.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi Shadowcat,

What you described sounds like what my friend bought into and he's a happy camper the last time I talked to him. He's supposed to come over tomorrow and I will ask him the name of the service and if he is still a happy camper. Initially, he thought it was a fraud and in fact at one point he was convinced it was a fraud and then BINGO he was very happy.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Give me the Yahoo search phrase so I can take a look myself. I might be interested.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Found it. Looks scary..... don't think I'll sign up for it.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hello again Shadowcat,

My friend did show up, but I forgot to ask. :(
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I'm still waiting for 3D holographic TV. I played a video game like that before. I could actually move my hand through the people and scene that seemed to be standing on top of the glass display. There was a new dimension to playing a video game where you saw everything in 3D. That was back in the 90's I believe. I once played a realistic looking video arcade game where I was flying a space fighter through a gorge. Finally finished that tough part one day, broke past everybody's high score, and engaged in a battle bombing an alien planet. Looked so real. Then someone took the game away and I never saw that one anywhere else. That was in the 80's. Someone is hanging onto or hiding the good stuff I think.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I know someone who claimed he figured out how to make a 3D TV but he had one little problem. He said the lasers would have to be so powerful that if they touched you, they would be strong enough to slice your head off. I don't know, he seemed a little bit wacky but he did seem very smart. He claimed he invented the first virtual reality visor. Going off topic I guess.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    staying offtopic, skip this if you want to read about strip clubs, or pclite

does anyone remember an arcade game back in the 80's that looked like a movie, it did not look like a cartoon? I thought they used a laser disc. You flew a spacecraft through a gorge on a planet in one area. I doubt very many people saw the next level on the alien planet since it was past everybody's else's high score on a college campus on the machine I played on. I'm really wondering what that game was called since I didn't find it doing an internet search. It seemed to be the longest lasting laser disc game as well since all the others with movie quality ended quickly I thought.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hello again shadowcat,

http://www.satellitetvtopc.com/?hop=sate…

I just spoke with my friend who bought this service. He says it is NOT 3,000 channels because many of the channels are nothing more than 4 or 5 minute previews. Also, he says it is a very interesting service that he is happy that he tried. He felt that he lacked the computer skills necessary to really get the full benefits (he was only able to view a small screen). Finally, a young relative of his deleted it from the computer because he says it slowed the machine to a crawl. He says that he thinks his relative who is computer savy was on target.

He also tried and liked: http://www.glwiz.com/ .

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion