tuscl

B10 / PAC12 down - who’s next?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I think at least 2 conferences are going to play. What do you think? Shut up Nebraska (coming from the Big 10 commish).

ACC - yep

SEC - yep

Big 12 - swing vote

14 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I hope that we can still get girls beach Volley Ball
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Right now, it's ACC, SEC, B12 , AAC and Conf USA. This could all change tomorrow though.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    It will be funny when they look back on this and realize the conferences that shut down had 10x the Covid cases of the ones that played.
  • Hannathedog79
    4 years ago
    Pretty sure part of the reasoning is that, should somebody's kid, or a coach or training staff get sick and/or die, the family of the victim(s) won't just come after the school, but the conference and probably the NCAA as a whole for many millions of dollars. No reasonable guarantee the school, conference/NCAA will win either. Nobody wants to be the one that made the call that costs that much money and creates a public relations nightmare that they may never recover from. Are they playing it too safe? Maybe, but with as much as there is to lose on many different fronts with this, I don't blame them for protecting their own.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I know it’s not a valid comparison - but I wonder how much more damage is done to players bodies by playing major college football vs the damage done by the virus?

I’m sure there are far more ruined knees (each season) as a result of college football than there will be from the corona virus.

If they put a mask and eye protection inside each players helmet - that should reduce the risk when playing.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    I knew it was coming after the Big Ten started releasing info about multiple players being diagnosed with a heart condition (myocarditis) which can have serious long term effects following their "recovery" from Covid-19.

As much as I hate the idea of fall without my Buckeyes playing I can understand it. This (along with cancelling March Madness) may be the 1st time I have ever seen a major NCAA conference willing to treat their student athletes as young students instead of a revenue stream.

I can also see Nick Saban's philosophy that the athletes are safer under the watchful eye of the coaches than at home with no supervision. But trying to keep that many young men under a quarantine environment is more than any coaches can handle without putting them in a "bubble" like the NBA and even that wasn't without trouble and thus would be a lot more players if the Power 5 tried that.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    It’s revealing that it’s the conferences making the decisions and not the NCAA. Just goes to show everyone what a crock of shit the NCAA has sold the country for years. They are a powerless leech by claiming that people care about their rules to keep the athletes as amateurs.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    We are getting close to having a vaccine available. They are already producing the Moderna vaccine in anticipation of approval. One hundred million doses will be available by year end. Like pro sports, I’m sure Division 1 athletes could be put at the front of the line.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Well there's a silver lining for some Big10 fans. Atakdawg won't have to suffer through watching his weaselly team being bludgeoned by the Bucks this year. :D:D:D:D
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    That's funny TheeOSU. I was just about to post, "Well, at least the Wolverines won't lose to the Buckeyes this season!"

No shit. That's what I was going to post. 😉🥴
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Unless we as a country are ready to live with positive Covid cases, then I don't think the college season would last more than a week or two - supposedly a good # of the schools (high schools and under) that opened have been closed after kids starting testing positive - it's inevitable that college football players will start testing positive and there's gonna be a lot of pressure to shut it down.
  • grand1511
    4 years ago
    Has Nick Saban consulted with the Miami Marlins or St. Louis Cardinals on controlled Covid on a team?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    You guys are missing the real problem here with the sports teams if one player in a locker room tests positive the whole team and everyone in contact with them ends up having to quarantine it’s not just the health of the players but how about all of the support staff around them, have y’all seen some of those coaches and support staff lots of them are obese bet a lot have diabetes and other ailments as well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion