tuscl

Ot: Pepsi or Coke

crazyjoe
Colorado
I just watched a documentary about the over 100 year history war between Pepsi and Coke. It brought back a few memories like the New Coke bad idea. Now they are both fighting the healthier drink craze.

Which do vote for Pepsi or Coke?

31 comments

• clubdude
    4 years ago
    Coke. It's a scientific fact that Pepsi was created for women, because Coke was too strong for them!
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    Coke, unless its Crystal Pepsi, then it's a different story.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Coca-cola. I have been addicted to it for years.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    In my younger years I was an outside salesman for office supplies. I inherited an account, from a guy who retired, which was a big company called IFF (International Flavors and Fragrances) in NJ. I was selling them pens and paper clips, but I had to go through something like a CIA security clearance just to set foot on the property.

The president of my company had to be with me on my first couple visits. After I got to know the (low level) management players at this company, they showed me "the vault." (Locked up, not the inside of the vault.) It looked like a Federal Reserve bank.

That's where they kept 1/8th of the formula for Coca-Cola. If their information ever became compromised it wouldn't be a big deal, because they didn't even know what they were making or how it fit into the main formula for Coke. They just followed a formula and provided product. For all they knew, it might have been a fake substance that was a decoy for the real Coke formula, but they got paid a shit-ton of money for it. Anyway, they treated it like they were holding the nuclear football.
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    Definitely Coke
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Coke
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I live in Atlanta. Need I say more?
  • oscarlomax
    4 years ago
    I'm one of the few that like them both. One of my friends is a die-hard Pepsi addict. He starts off every morning with a cigarette and a Pepsi. My other friend and his brother are Coke-heads and even went through a Cherry Coke phase. We were in a bar once and a waiter set down a pitcher of brown carbonated liquid. My friend's brother called the waiter over and reminded him he ordered Coke, not Pepsi. The Waiter apologized and switched out the pitcher. I was amazed that this guy could tell just from seeing it from a distance in a pitcher. He assured me the distinction was that pronounced and couldn't understand why I couldn't see the difference. Yes, the taste different but do they really look that different? Guess so.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Hate both, once you give up soda you just can’t drink it anymore. Too damn sugary.
  • snowtime
    4 years ago
    I live in Atlanta and grew up on Coke. When I started drinking my coffee black in college, Coke began to taste too sweet. I switched to Tab, then Diet Coke and have been a loyal Diet Coke customer. I currently drink about 5 a day which my doctor says is too many. I am addicted and probably will not change. I don’t smoke and rarely consume alcohol, so Diet Coke is my drug of choice.
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    Coke is too sweet. Pepsi tastes even sweeter. Diet Coke or Zero are occasionally acceptable. I like them as mixers for whiskey or rum sometimes. Otherwise I just say no.
    My carbonation of choice is La Croix or Bubly.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i don’t drink soft drinks or any other shit. BUT i will have them as a mixer. juice is my main drink.
  • sinclair
    4 years ago
    Definitely Coca Cola. Pepsi is too sweet. Too bad they don't put cocaine in Coke any more.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    I prefer Diet Pepsi, probably drink three a week at most.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Definitely Coke. The availability of Coke v Pepsi seems to be a regional thing. Coke is more prevalent in the South, but up North Pepsi often has a lock on the airport concessions. If all they have is Pepsi, I'll just get a bottle of water, which is better anyway.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I sometimes have a Diet Coke regular coke and Pepsi is just way too sweet
    If y’all want to try a really good soda Doctor Browns Diet Black Cherry is great
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Second dr brown diet soda. i drink the diet cream soda myself, when i can find them.

i prefer diet coke over coke over diet pepsi over pepsi. i've tried almost all the variants and i don't really like any of them.

• Longball300
    4 years ago
    I go both ways....... and even throw in an RC cola every now and then.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    These guys should take heed of this thread..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH_b9Xwl…

Coke's the winner by far and is also my choice between the two.

But, I try to stay away from soft drinks/soda pop, at most I might have a couple a month. Sometimes I go several months without drinking one.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Dr Pepper
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    We went skin diving in 1972 off Key West in 6-8 foot seas. Only time in my life that I was seasick and so was my brother. Met the Vice President of Coke; he gave us Pepsi and said "I'm on vacation". Never forgot that.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Haven't had either in decades.
    Stuff is not good for you. (I do/have done a number of things not necessarily good for me, but not this one).
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Neither. I stopped drinking soda over three years ago. It’s been good to be free from that stuff. It’s very easy to develop a soda habit.
  • Funkycold88
    4 years ago
    Born and raised in the Atlanta area so Coke between those two, but I agree with nicespice I'd rather have Dr Pepper. I'll also throw in that the Mexican glass bottle Coke taste better than American to me.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    I am sadly addicted to Diet Coke. Also love flavored Coke Zeros too, ever have Vanilla Coke Zero? or Cherry Vanilla Coke Zero?

Growing up in the Mid Atlantic region I saw Coke and Pepsi kinda even for the most part, then I moved to the Mid-West as a teenager. I was into my new school and there's only Pepsi vending machines. I was like "wtf" and everyone explained to me nobody drinks Coke. Yuck.

I can drink Diet Pepsi but much prefer Diet Coke.

Ever go to a restaurant that served both Pepsi and Coke?
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    On a hot summer day there's nothing better than a Coke Slurpee from 7-11.
  • elmer
    4 years ago
    How about hot Doctor Pepper?

https://youtu.be/qq9hNTUbtiE

Tried it years back can't say I would recommend it
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    As a kid Ioved Pepsi but now I'm all about Coke. Pepsi is one note sweet coke is more complex and better for mixing
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    i find dr pepper + diet dr pepper super addictive. for a stretch of about 5 years when i was younger, i was drinking a 12 pack of diet dr pepper a day. haven't had one in >5 years though.
  • crosscheck
    4 years ago
    I rarely drink soda anymore, but on the rare occasions that I do...Dr. Pepper.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Coke is far superior to Pepsi
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion