tuscl

New Site Help and Tips

founder
respect for others goes a long way
Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:25 AM
Tip #1 Follows and Feed Favorites are now Follows If you follow (the icon that looks like a radar) clubs or dancers/members, then go to your feed (the icon that looks like radio waves) you will see EVERYTHING pertaining to your folows (which could be clubs OR dancers/other members).  All new reviews, photos, discussions, everything in one place for your follow.

78 comments

• founder
    4 years ago
    Tip #2 Bookmarks and Feed If you bookmark (the icon that looks like a bookmark) posts (reviews, photos, articles, discussions) then go to your feed (the icon that looks like radio waves) you will see all new comments pertaining to your bookmarks.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Tip #3 Editing Bookmarks and Follows To remove anything from your follow or bookmark list, click on the BOOKMARKS or FOLLOWING icons. Then simply click the bookmark or follow icon on anything you no longer wish to track. (The icon should go from PURPLE (active) to GRAY (inactive)
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Do the thumbs up/down do anything more than just provide a visual of a post being liked/disliked?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Not currently, but they will be added to everything else soon, and then you will get more of a feeling of who likes what.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @founder In what section of the TUSCL User Manual for the website will these Tips be listed? :D
  • MrEddyG
    4 years ago
    I’d suggest leaving reviews/articles/discussions separate instead of all on the home page
  • founder
    4 years ago
    There are still separate pages for them
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i’m confused.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    and what is with these pinned discussions?
  • MrEddyG
    4 years ago
    Founder when I click on reviews it doesn’t give all of the most recent reviews, those are still on the home page
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    Hell yeah! Thank you for the like button Founder!!!
  • cruzer10
    4 years ago
    I just fin the new format very confusing and not really user friendly. I like the old layout better. Things were much easier to find, everything was right in front of you. There are too many clicks to get to where I want to go.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Where is it you want to go, cruzer?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "Last Comment" link broken in main Reviews view and also inside the review itself
  • founder
    4 years ago
    That link should be fixed now, papi
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    👌
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Tip #4 - if you follow yourself it makes it easy to see who responded to your posts
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Tip #5 -. If you don't want to get an email every time someone likes on of your posts, you can turn it off in your email settings
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    What does the bullhorn w/ the line thru it and a number underneath, mean? If one hovers over it says "Toggle Mute". Does than mean another TUSCLer has you on Ignore, or the # of your posts that have been muted, or something else?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    That's the ignore button for a member The number is how many members have that user on ignore Appearently 16 is the magic number
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    The feature where verified dancers can actually add themselves as dancers on a club listing is pretty fuckin sweet. Just saying. :D (stillrequestingbeingabletoexpandavatarsbutthankyou)
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Share the word with your dancer friends, eve I'll get the avatar thing fixed soon
  • himoverthere
    4 years ago
    By the time I figure this layout out, it's going to switch again lol. It switches more than any other site I visit.
  • himoverthere
    4 years ago
    Can we get a button to see all full reviews instead of having to click reviews one by one?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Gotta keep my skills up, himoverthere Full review view is coming soon
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    CJKent, "@founder In what section of the TUSCL User Manual for the website will these Tips be listed?"" If founder has a User Manual, you will need this. Peppa Pig Childrens Books Phonics Learn to Read Good Luck!
  • PutaTester
    4 years ago
    I find the new design difficult to use when compared to the previous version. Change isn't always an improvement.
  • nemesisk7
    4 years ago
    Tahoecruz apparently he doesn't understand .
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    The more I’ve been using the site with the format, the more I’m liking it
  • MackTruck
    4 years ago
    These new site changes are badass!!!
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    If you right-click an avatar and select "open in new tab" you'll get a full size pic.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ 👍
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Every time there's a change to a website (or anything else), there's gonna be some getting used to. I don't think the changes have been that drastic and I appreciate the functionality that has been added.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    I am liking the clean look. I have some questions about the buttons. Every thread has a toggle mute at the top and a toggle ignore at the bottom. Is the number next to toggle mute the number of times comments by that member have been muted or how many people have that member on ignore? Just a little confused because mute used to be for comments and ignore was to shut down seeing anything from that member.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Mute is to shut down another user The # is how many have that user muted 🚫 Is for the particular post
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    My initial hesitations regarding the new format have quickly reversed. I like it now. Good job. Except that I'd like to see reviews by dates on sperate pages like in the past.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    An chance of getting an option to ignore or mute entire groups within the discussions? For instance if I wanted to mute all of the TJ Monger Discussions because I don't foresee myself getting to TJ anytime soon but still want to see all of the other groups together. Over all like the new layout, but I agree with TheeOSU that I preferred the daily reviews on separate pages by date but that's just a personal preference and I'll adjust. "if you follow yourself it makes it easy" I always thought only people with multiple personalities (not just multiple TUSCL accounts) had the ability to stalk themselves.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... If you don't want to get an email every time someone likes on of your posts, you can turn it off in your email settings ..." I didn't know this was "on" by default till I logged into my email and noticed about a dozen new TUSCL emails
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    nicespice, Agreed! Better as time progresses.
  • orionsmith
    4 years ago
    If you clicked the speaker icon wondering what it did, how do you undo that? Nothing happened when I clicked the show button.
  • orionsmith
    4 years ago
    Then I click the button again and now can't see my own post. Not sure if it's a bug or the show button does not work on my iPad.
  • orionsmith
    4 years ago
    Show button works on my iphone. Might have something to do with using an old ios on my ipad. I think it might be a 9. something version.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i can’t ‘show’ my muted comments from my devices even with repeated clicking. old iphone and ipad.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    shit. ALL my comments are ‘ muted’.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    You've muted yourself, jascoi. Check your ignore list under account settings.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ might be a good idea for TUSCL to not allow to mute yourself since this is almost always done by accident
  • founder
    4 years ago
    good idea, papi there were 23 members ignoring themselves. sigh
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i can’t find my account settings. i’m using a old iphone and ipad.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    ok. found account settings on my ipad.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    It should be on the menu
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i have to turn the ipad sideways to reveal the top menu. and the iphone still no bueno.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Doesn't the menu on the mobile site work?
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Menu still works on Android devices. Why does the home button at the bottom and the home page in the menu go to the "What's New" page ([view link]) instead of the traditional home page ([view link])?
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "Except that I'd like to see reviews by dates on sperate pages like in the past." Also how about reviews alphabetically by state and then alphabetically by cities in each state like it used to be? I know reviews are going up by time posted but it's a haphazard mess that has to be sorted through if someone just wants to read the reviews in their state.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    If you just want reviews for an area/state, go to the listing page then pick the location, then reviews. Here's an example for reviews in Ohio [view link]
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "there were 23 members ignoring themselves. sigh" So, 23 people were in self-denial after seeing the site changes. LOL
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Founder, thanks for that link. ;-)
  • Bavarian
    4 years ago
    Thanks for the bookmarking feature!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    "there were 23 members ignoring themselves." With some of them I'm sure there was a good reason 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • rogueone
    4 years ago
    In the "following" page, can we get a date added to the the most recent review so I don't have to go into the clubs page to see when it was posted? New site seems ok, but I also thought the old site was fine. If its not broke, don't fix it.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    rougeone, the old site was way "broke" behind the scenes added the last review date.
  • BuckMcNutter
    4 years ago
    Can i still find ... "Clubs nearest me now" a cool location feature ?
  • TJ Walker
    4 years ago
    Please no more changes for at least 4 years. And bring back the top 10 clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    w.r.t. published reviews, the club details (time of visit; dancers working; money spent), and the club ratings, IMO should be displayed *before* the review and not after - displaying the info upfront serves as a prequel/heads-up for the review - often times a reviewer does not state in the review the day nor time he visited, or may not mention it till near the end - knowing this info ahead of time gives the review context as one is reading it.
  • Derekjames999
    4 years ago
    Love the updated site changes. Just like everything else, takes a bit to get used to new layout, etc. but GREAT job! Thanks for taking the time to update the site.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    What are the up/down indicators next to the send message supposed to do?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    not sure what you mean shadowcat
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    To the right of the envelope icon for "send an email" there are an up and down indicator. What do they do?
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Probably they are scroll buttons
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    OK!
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    It's probably not a good idea for users to know how many people are ignoring them.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    Why, liwet? Think it hurts their feelings?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Knowing how many people are ignoring you builds character
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    It encourages trolls and stupid shit if they get rewarded for it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... the club details (time of visit; dancers working; money spent), and the club ratings, IMO should be displayed *before* the review and not after .." I thought I saw yesterday at some point that this change had been made? But now it seems it was changed back?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The club locations is a mess - one has to go down way too-many levels to get to a particular club - it's also way too granular further breaking down cities into areas of the city which most people are not gonna be familiar with - way overkill. It's unnecessarily complicated making it much less useful (the complexity far outweighs the usefulness) - IMO it should be as it was a few months back when it was just broken down into states and cities, any further breakdown just complicates things and make it less useful - there should also be a link where one can click on a city in the review and get to that city's clubs, like it was in the past.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    If I arrive in a town I'm not familiar with, how do I look up nearby clubs? There used to be a sort feature that was based on your current location but I can't seem to find it now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion