tuscl

Are Detroit clubs still skirting the law?

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:18 PM
Hitting motown this week. Are the clubs still essentially business as usual? Wink, wink..... we are a restaurant? Or do I need to start working SA for a backup plan?

15 comments

• dinobravo12345
    4 years ago
    They are now "restaurants/bikini bars"...tops not removed on stage...social distancing setup...business as usual in the VIP but lots of GPS...
  • ime
    4 years ago
    I didn't think Detroit really cared about laws.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    "VIP but lots of GPS..." are you serious?!?!?!?! Girls been out of work for over 4 months and they come back with GPS?
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I was at Flight Club last week. They actually abided by the letter of the law when it comes to virus protraction pretty tightly if you ask me. Ie: The mask rule was fairy strictly enforced. I was reminded a couple times I need to wear my mask when hitting the bathroom. Dancers were pulled aside and given warning if walking around with masks down. The tops stayed up in public areas. Some dancers kept them up in vip, some took them off, all said they were warned they’d be fired if they were caught with them down. Every other booth was roped off. Tables and bar seats were separated. Plexiglass around the bars.
  • dinobravo12345
    4 years ago
    Shalynn...I think the UAI on steroids is causing some of this...or just trying to make up for lost time...but who knows...everyone's wallet is a bit lighter these days...this needs to be considered eventually...strip clubs are not food or shelter...people spending discretionary income...
    4 years ago
    Thanks for the reassurance..... with COI, pompano and follies (even vegas) shutdown...... Detroit seems the only PL destination left in operation?
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    As of July 22, the following Detroit area clubs are open, based on personal visits or trusted reports: Landing Strip Flight Club BT's Silver Cricket Bogarts Most of these are operating at bikini clubs (no nudity on stage). Some of the Michigan Deja Vus are also open. They do not serve alcohol so they are not closed under the Governor's order that closes bars and taverns. If you post an update, be sure to include the date of your update--- the strip club scene seems to change every few weeks in Michigan.
  • jimmiedean
    4 years ago
    No changes at Bogarts in the upstairs for sure. Been there done that. Same for Crikets. H8 closed last I knew
  • bman66
    4 years ago
    Any of the regular dancers working at cricket yet?
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    —>“Shalynn...I think the UAI on steroids is causing some of this...or just trying to make up for lost time...but who knows...everyone's wallet is a bit lighter these days...this needs to be considered eventually...strip clubs are not food or shelter...people spending discretionary income...” Not Detroit related, but this is something that affected most clubs all over the country. Clubs open back up, and customer and dancer count are both down, but dancer numbers are even lower. In my area the clubs have been open for almost two months now, and lapdances allowed again a little over a month ago, and I think it’s now starting to correct. Whether it corrects back to “normal” or something more drastic is something we shall find out.. It’s hard to tell day-by-day tho because summers are traditionally a slow time in the club and atm it’s still busier than it would be during this time of year pre-pandemic. My guess is, things will “normalize” after a month or two. But who knows.
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Let’s see what happens when the $600 a week unemployment runs out at end of July.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    "clubs are open, based on personal visits or trusted reports: Landing Strip Flight Club BT's Silver Cricket Bogarts" Though not a n your list, I'd like to add Players and Legends are also both open. Deja Vu Flint, I'm hearing, is having the best turn out regarding customers and earnings. The city of Ypsilanti is stopping that Deja Vu from re-opening right now.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Flight Club announcement on its Facebook page: "The Flight Club's commitment to the safety and health of our staff, entertainers and customers has been our #1 priority. The Flight club will be providing the following for our guest's and staff throughout re-opening. (Mask's, Temperature checks at door and through out the venue, Sanitizer at all doors, tables, and every room, Mandatory masks on all staff guests and entertainers. Cleanliness checks hourly. Our kitchen staff and members have been certified in Covid 19 food preparation's by the State Of Michigan to better serve you. Thank you. #bikini #beach #swimwear #summer #swimsuit #fashion #model #love #beachwear #sexy #beauty #girl #like #beautiful #girls #follow #instagood #body #style #hot #sun #detroit #luxury #liveentertainment #michigan #lounge #club #dancers #lunch #delicious"
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    #flightclub. Better hope Juice never shows up and farts in the club, they’ll have to sanitize the entire property all over again.
    4 years ago
    Confirmed as of 7 July 22 -23 Subis FC LS Cricket Bogarts BTs All seem business (essentially) as usual
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion