tuscl

Forget Social Distancing. Let's go another direction.

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:42 AM
We did the lockdown in March and April to "Stop the Spread". But guess what. It didn't work and the virus kept spreading. Now we are opening up around the country. Positive cases are rising but hospitalizations and deaths are not rising. Actually most of the increase in positive cases is in young people. These young people are totally ignoring the social distancing, going to clubs, going to parties, going to the beach. Yet our hospitals are not overflowing. In fact, covid cases in the hospitals continue to go down. So here is my plan. July is to become the "Social" month. Everyone needs to go to parties, everyone needs to go to bars and restaurants and shops. No masks, no staying apart. In fact, do as much interacting with other people as possible. Let's create this herd in one month. We know who is vulnerable so hide them for a month. But let's get this thing spread to everyone immediately. Then we can stop worrying about it. OK. Shoot holes in my plan.

12 comments

• misterorange
    4 years ago
    I agree. Pull off the band-aid quickly.
  • bubba267
    4 years ago
    Warrior, this is probably the best solution to get us there quicker but is unlikely particularly due to the concerns about the real or perceived racial disparity. From what I read, much of it appears to be co-morbidity but it has really split Atlanta’s Mayor and Georgia’s Governor. To me the biggest challenge is the lack of context in the media. Yes, cases are growing, that’s the virus's job. It is a “novel” virus. Ultimately we will all be “exposed”.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Science is going to what shoots holes in your plan, basically there is evidence of folks getting the coronavirus after getting over it, herd immunity is for cattle people need to take care of others that might not be strong enough to withstand this infection plus there are reports of severe lung Damages but go ahead be the test case if you’d like.
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    For starters the lockdown worked. Certainly not 100% stopping the virus, cause we weren't 100% locked down. But it did slow down the virus. And now, hospitalization rates are going up in many states. And people are continuing to die. Maybe you should petition Trump to setup injection sites, where you can just go get your virus and be locked up into mandatory forced quarantine until you test negative again (or die). Cause I'm getting tired of all these ignorant fucktards that are obviously not avoiding any risks themselves and probably infected refusing to wear a mask or stay far enough away to ensure I don't get sprayed with there spit.
  • NeverEnuf
    4 years ago
    @bkk, did you mean Clorox injection sites?
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    Get thee back to the club. Whenever the certain managers who care aren’t looking at cameras, there have been lots of mask-less dances going on lately. And of course not wearing a mask table side is perfectly okay, because alcohol sales 😛
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I’m ready Warrior to TOFTT! *dies*
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    july fourth is my ‘d’ day. assuming good health then i have a great chance of a normal level of life (as i see it) until i croak at 83 with a grin on my face. (i don’t wanna live too long.)
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    Life is just too short to live in fear.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    I started a thread proposing this a couple months ago. Basically, the Swedish model. Although, I now doubt whether young people should have a month long hug. Moderation is better. We needed to buy some time to figure things out. The lock down did that. We now better understand how to treat those infected. We know who the most vulnerable are. Our hospitals are ready. Our nursing homes are protected ( sorry about that NY and NJ ). Now, ( most of us ) need to get back to life.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Dr. Fauci, right on cue [view link]
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    The lockdown worked. The curve was flattened. Places like NYC would have been ravaged. We bought time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion