tuscl

OT: some chronic crisis relief

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Enough with TrumpTweets, BLM, and COVID-19. An unfortunate casualty of the shut down was a Chicago-style pizza place that I never got a chance to try. I love Chicago-style crust. Not that Gino's crap or anybody else that just bakes and extra thick crust. The real deal has corn meal mixed in that gives it this amazing nutty bite.

That said I don't get New Tork style. There's nothing to it. You're serving cheese and toppings on a saltine cracker.

Btw, pineapples on every pie.

39 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    You're being insensitive to those that like New York style - New York style pizzas matter - we DEMAND an apology you pizza racist.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Dude,
    Pineapples on pizza... That's just so wrong!
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    I second pineapple (and ham and hot pepper) on pizza

Do you not like pineapple, or pineapple on pizza, or just mixing sweet and savory in general?
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    I love pineapple, but it belongs on top of a Mai Tai, not a pizza! Lol
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    ->"You're being insensitive to those that like New York style"
    ->"Pineapples on pizza... That's just so wrong!"

Someone told me it was wrong to put ketchup on my hot dog and that mustard was sole acceptable condiment. Oh, the insensitivity.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    ^Haha. Well if Dirty Harry says so, I can accept that
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Ketchup on any sausage is heresy. I refuse to even keep any in my house. However, relish is another condiment whick belongs on hot dogs and sausages.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Pineapple on pizza it doesn't get much gayer
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    ^
    By the way, I'll put ketchup on just about anything, including hot dogs. Just not on pizza. Well in the interest of full disclosure.... back in my college days, we'd get so stoned we sometimes MADE pizza with english muffins, ketchup and shredded cheese in a toaster oven. But that was a long time ago.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Disown your relatives that put pineapple on pizza.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    ^^
    I don't know if I'd disown them, but I definitely won't eat with them. And if ever questioned about it, I'd say I don't know who those people are. Well yeah, I guess I would disown them.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Has anyone actually eaten a pizza with anchovies on it? Yuk!
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @shadowcat
    The problem is when places overdo it with the anchovies. It ain't like putting extra cheese or meatballs on the pizza. They should be cut into small pieces and then maybe 2 or 3 pieces per slice. Very few pizza places do the anchovies thing correctly.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Pineapple on pizza is about as good as pepperoni in a pina colada.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I never thought the pineapples would be more controversial than Chicago deep dish v New York thin crust.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Geez , Eve, i thought strippers never passed on pineapples on anything.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Chicago vs. NY is one thing. But I always thought pineapple pizza was a California creation (abomination). WHAT THE FUCK does California know about pizza? Those sons-of-bitches!
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Pineapple, bacon, and chicken. I'm literally salivating at the thought.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Oh geez man, bacon if great on ANYTHING. I'd put bacon on fucking ice cream.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    *is great
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    People do make bacon ice cream. Personally I think it tasteS alright not nearly as awesome as some say.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    Any reputable pizza place does not serve pineapple. A good pizza should be eaten plain or with pepperoni. *Shakes fist* Pineapple on pizza is like getting a hamburger with 10 toppings. Let the chees-a, sauce, and bread do the talking.
    Funny clip: Serving pineapple pizza to italians
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDUy3Y_w…
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    First mayonnaise on French Fries is just wrong. Fucking stupid Europeans. Nothing worthwhile in Europe since all the people with brains and balls sailed to America leaving behind the inbred Royals and the timid low IQ shopkeepers and schoolmasters.

Now that what needed to be said has been said, the pizza afficianados here aren’t going to like this next one. In a Spokane bar I once ordered the house specialty, a Thai pizza. Instead of tomato sauce they put on Thai peanut sauce and then added chicken, Lemon Grass and, wait for it, pineapple.

It was pretty good as a novelty but that novelty wore off before I was full. I gave the remainder to the next table.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    Pineapples and Chicken on a Pizza is just so hideous.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    No offense londonguy, but English food is notoriously awful. The opposite of anything culinary suggested by limey is clearly the right way to go.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Disown your relatives that don't dip their fries in mayo too.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Anchovy Pizza is great. Pineapple not so much. New York style cheese pizza is pizza. Guilty pleasure: white clam Pizza at Frank Pepe's. 95 years mean they must be doing something right.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    If you're gonna be a pizza critic, pineapple shouldn't even be part of the discussion. Here's an example (analogy):

I have a lifelong friend that I love like a brother (despite what I'm about to tell you). He considers himself a serious vodka connoisseur, He only buys the high-end expensive stuff. But his go-to drink, whether at a bar or just hanging out in the back yard, is a Screwdriver. WTF? I'm not an experienced vodka drinker (I'm more of a bourbon/scotch guy) but I can appreciate a perfectly made vodka martini. I actually prefer gin with just a tiny splash of vermouth. Gin is good with an olive, but a vodka martini has such a delicate taste that I think olives overpower the drink. With vodka I'll take a small piece of lemon rind. Dirty martini? Oh HELL no.

But this fucking asshole (my friend) will order a Screwdriver and insist that it be made with Beluga Gold Line, or if it's not such a fancy place and they don't have it, Grey Goose. He argues with the bartender and it's hilarious. I can't tell you how many times he's been over my house and brought a bottle of $85 Beluga with him. I make his Screwdrivers with some Seagram's or Stolichnaya I have around and garnish them with a slice of fresh orange and a cherry. He says I make the best Screwdrivers he's ever had.

I keep the Beluga for my occasional Martinis.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    " I can't tell you how many times he's been over my house and brought a bottle of $85 Beluga with him. I make his Screwdrivers with some Seagram's or Stolichnaya I have around and garnish them with a slice of fresh orange and a cherry. He says I make the best Screwdrivers he's ever had."

Oh, to be young again.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    To hell with pineapple we got peach pizza.

"Our award-winning Peach Prosciutto Pizza is back and better than ever. Grab your slice of summer today!"
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Several years back, we had a shop that served strawberry covered pizza before. They let us sample on a slice when a friend and I went there for the first time to eat.

I ended up eating the strawberries off of the pizza, and then the pizza. The taste of strawberry with oil and cheese was way too bizarre for me.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    30 years or so back homeless people would order pizza pies with pineapples from the phone booth. get delivered to a fake address, ring bell, person opens door and says didn't order pizza. so the delivery guy can't bring back the pie to the shop because of the pineapples. so he then tosses to the garbage can. homeless people wait for the delivery guy to leave, head to the trash can, take out the pineapples and voila-a free pizza pie.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    @ Eve
    I think I'd barf over that.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    My daughter is the one that told me about the peach pizza. It is right here in our little town. She has tried it and liked it but has not convinced me to give it a try.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Chicago wise hated Giordano's but Lou Malnatis was some of the best pizza I've had.

NY there's just so many ones. I'm wondering if you tried what's considered thin crust pizza by NY standard "Joe and Pat's" does that and I agree I don't get it. A whole pie is like paper thin, did I even eat anything. My favorite has got to be Di Fara though oh man that is awesome. Your gonna wait for it though but it seriously good.
  • londonguy
    4 years ago
    No offence taken gammanu. Your entitled to your opinion, even if it is misplaced.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    The original myπ [my Pi] in Lincoln Park is, hands down, the best pizza I have ever had in my life. Chicago style, deep dish, double crust, everything there was mind-blowingly delicious. Even without pineapple.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion