tuscl

Has this been your longest break?

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:40 PM
93 days for me per my notes. Only twice have I gone longer without a club visit (since I found lap dancing). I'm a low volume/frugal guy, but over couple months I'm really due. Sigh, but it'll be a while yet . . . .

21 comments

• nicespice
    4 years ago
    I double checked online. Sweet Illusions seems to still be closed but I think the Silver Dollar and The Nile are open now. [view link] [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    In years past, if I went w/o clubbing for more than a week, it felt like an eternity - over the last year+ my clubbing has been fairly-sporadic thus i'm not sure if this current lockdown stretch has been my longest - I was in a club for a short time in early-March so it's been less than 3-months for this current stretch which is probably not my longest stretch but I don't keep track of my visits - in the past I could keep track b/c I wrote reviews of many of my visits, but writing-reviews has pretty-much gone by the wayside along w/ most of my clubbing.
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    I have gone years at a time without going to a club. Now that I can’t go to a club for a few months it seems like years.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    ^^^lol Fishhawk. But also well said.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Seems like we don't keep track of our mongering when we're enjoying ourselves no matter how long in between each visit it's been, but now that we're forced to avoid clubs, it feels like it's been forever.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    @gSteph: You take notes? lol. For me it has been the longest stretch in many years. One does not become a Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer by staying out of clubs for long stretches of time. 😉
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Yep. Simple spreadsheet. For the memories.
  • docsavage
    4 years ago
    I went once in my thirties and had a bad experience with the girls being unfriendly and didn't go back for 20 years. I lived by a club in my fifties for several years, never went in, and then just decided one day to stop in just out of curiosity. There was a really cute dancer on stage who was really friendly when I approached the stage. I did a couple lap dances with her and enjoyed it enough I was hooked and then started going regularly. If I had gone in and had a second bad experience in my life I probably would never have been in a club in my life again and would have missed out on a lot of fun. I just had good luck that day.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Yes
  • scarface03
    4 years ago
    Sadly yes. I was last in a strip club on 2/20. Never been 90 days away since I started mongering in 2004.
  • mjx01
    4 years ago
    I had a self-imposed break from clubbing for a few months ~2011 when I stopped going to my only local club and before I started travel clubbing. I don't remember how long it lasted. It was probably a longer break than this, but this is worse. My ~2011 break was of my own choosing where as this is outside my control. If big brother starts contact tracing... this break may be permanent. :(
  • TxVegas
    4 years ago
    This is not my longest break, but it is the first time I couldn’t go even if I wanted to.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    ->@Eve: "but now that we're forced to avoid clubs, it feels like it's been forever." Well phrased. A 2-month hiatus is not unusual. But I've been dying to go, I suppose in part because I can't, and there's definitely been unrealized opportunity to go if clubs hadn't been closed. The masks wouldn't bother me and if a club's open and I'm already in the area it'd be nice to drink and see the show, but until there's dances and rooms I won't be making a targeted trip
  • loper
    4 years ago
    Yes, probably the longest break in 20 years or more.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    Before this pandemic it was already my longest break, now it's even longer :( fuck I miss it now
  • nj_pete
    4 years ago
    Yes, longest break, it was February I think I was at RAB tavern in NJ, A lot of my clubbing takes place around business travel, both locally (NJ NY & PA) as well as nation wide and that travel is eliminated at present.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    this is the longest break ever since i became a monger late 2011.
  • SteveSutton
    4 years ago
    Yes, longest break from any action in at least 5 years.
  • orionsmith
    4 years ago
    I don't remember if this is my longest break but if it's not the longest, then second longest. Seems longer when you have no choice. I haven't been to a strip club all year. I did get an email saying the local Twin Peaks was reopening. Not the same but closet form of drinking entertaining I can think of right now.
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "Has This Been Your Longest Break?" No. Not close. Longest break was several years.
  • IHearVoices
    4 years ago
    Nah, I was going through a longer break than this at this time last year. It probably will be my longest break when it ends, though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion